ITT: Genuine disastrous missteps

ITT: Genuine disastrous missteps

Attached: APPLE BANDAI PIPPIN.jpg (1280x704, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tyzC1fL80DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eGIBc1elcyk
youtube.com/watch?v=3Sn0GQF-whY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Look into Sir Clive's eyes. You can tell he knew he'd fucked up.

Attached: getty-clive-sinclair-c5-alexandra-palace-xxlarge.jpg (1500x938, 119K)

Still say what you want about the Pippin but you gotta give em this
>Lets you pick between PAL,NTSC or VGA output.

Attached: Bandai-Apple-Pippin-Console-Back.jpg (5700x2160, 3.03M)

That was nothing impressive. The 90s were the master of "100s of outs".

>Nothing impressive to let you choose between NTSC or PAL
AMIGA CD 32 did it too but nah it was not common at all.

While I am at it
>Release system based on AMIGA 1200 hardware
>It is 100% compatible with AMIGA software
>It lacked any backup ram for save files of any kind
>they didn't even create some sort of expansion bay/socket where you would be able to add a memory card or whatever
Christ Commodore.

Attached: CD-32.png (1459x972, 823K)

Amiga is late 80s tech. Anything after the 500 was milking that last cow before it died completely.

Believe it or not the AMIGA CD32 didn't even do bad in the UK they got sabotaged by the yanks though
>The CD32 was released in Canada and was planned for release in the United States. Commodore stated that the console would launch in the United States in either late February or early March 1994, at the price of $399 with two pack-in games, Pinball Fantasies and Sleepwalker, as well as six separately sold launch games.However, a deadline was reached for Commodore to pay 10 million USD in patent royalty to Cad Track (U.S. Patent 4,197,590) for their use of their XOR patent. A federal judge ordered an injunction against Commodore preventing them from importing anything into the United States. Commodore had built up CD32 inventory in their Philippine manufacturing facility for the United States launch, but, being unable to sell the consoles, they remained in the Philippines until the debts owed to the owners of the facility were settled. Commodore declared bankruptcy shortly afterwards, and the CD32 was never officially sold in the United States

Attached: IMG_0713.jpg (1600x1200, 416K)

It's pretty obvious the only reason the duopolies of AMD, Intel and NVIDIA are allowed to exist is that they're all American.

In photo lithography we basically have a non US monopoly with ASML

That controller was also a misstep no wonder they just ripped off the Mega Drive controller

Attached: 54.jpg (4087x2628, 2.11M)

Attached: Intel_Pentium_D_Logo.png (284x350, 45K)

Were these units even reliable?

That was a serious piece of shit

Attached: Apple-Bandai-Pippin-2.jpg (1024x799, 122K)

the bulldozer architecture

>There's a video about the Pippin by Linus Tech Tips
Even the Pippin deserves better than that.
youtube.com/watch?v=tyzC1fL80DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eGIBc1elcyk
youtube.com/watch?v=3Sn0GQF-whY

I actually really wanted on of these, but shortly after must even have been the same year I got my first PC instead. For me, and I guess not only me, this was the year amiga really died off here. We used to be parted in two groups, the amiga niggers and the PC jews, we all became PC jews after this.

Didn't have a 1200 either but I had a 500 and then the cdtv which I actually still have lol

>thanks for the controller

Attached: fsz636gdw4dy[1].jpg (500x262, 27K)

Attached: 18c9z3h2t9wofpng.png (1600x900, 391K)

Attached: 220px-AMD_FX_Logo.png (220x186, 37K)

lewd

the Ouya console ?

ASML is literally owned by Intel (partly).