An actual good Jow Forums thread

What have you been using the internet for lately? How's your day been? More importantly have you discovered any new sites or services lately that differ from the existing ones somehow? I recently learned about mastodon. Registration and setup was fairly annoying, but there's a lot of small communities that seem alright. Lots of questionable ones too.

Attached: 1520588160419.jpg (1448x2048, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

peertube.video/
zom.im/
webtorrent.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

TRANNIES TONGUE MY KERNEL

NEW LINUX COCk SJW CONTROL

Yeah i've seen everyone is all up in arms about that. I have two questions about it though, are there large scale enough changes to stop you from using it entirely? And are there any decent alternatives? Making an entirely new OS is many years of hard work so I can see why you guys would be freaked out a bit.

i have been using neocities.org a lot, i even started making my own website, if anyone is curious i will post the link

Samefag

Try again

Attached: Screenshot_20180918-181133.png (1080x1920, 187K)

The first two are me, the last one isn't. I do try to be active in my own threads.

I made a neocities site some time ago to kind of remind myself and store upcoming games I was excited for. I haven't added anything in awhile on account of not having a working PC right now. I could do it on my phone, but I these touch keyboards are god awful. What's your neocities about?

Attached: fef4e217-8997-4037-a05a-0c9e640b191f.png (1204x1372, 210K)

Shit posting on Jow Forums all day because my corporate company made me fly out for some training bs

What kind of threads and boards do you frequent?

samefag

>11 replies
>10 posters

My last few days have gone poorly. I want to hurt people now.
We've been looking around for an alternative to jump to. I've been working on something but it would be too cumbersome to work on my own operating system that no one else would even use. I've been looking at Haiku, though... I'm not too excited about it, but it could work for now until I develop something. At worst, I will go dark for a year and build something small... I will just refrain from updating and just use the august 18th iteration of linux until I can make something work.

extreme shitposting
also researching operating systems to switch to
minix3 is looking okay so far but im going to keep looking for now

Is it really that bad? I mean all i've heard about is that silly master/slave term removsl, which is ridiculous to remove if you ask me. People care too much about feelings rather than logic, and machines dont care about your feelings.

I'm a windowsfag myself. At worst I always have comfy XP to go back to. I've been on 7 since around 2010? Whenever it came out and have no desire to change.

Lol ur literally retarded

i use windows in a virtual machine for gaming
i use linux as the host system of course, but the sheer bloat of the linux kernel has always been irritating to me. it runs well enough, but trying to go through the source code is... daunting
i have been considering seriously looking for a microkernel solution for a while now, but i need something that has good hardware-level virtualization
need to be able to set up my windows vm again and have proper passthrough for hardware devices

just been sitting around, trying to enjoy my last week of slacking before uni starts back up. this linux kernel stuff is pretty depressing.
i made a mastodon account a while ago, but it seems like the federation thing is a bit naff, wasnt a fan of having like 5 different timelines at once, weirded me out. and all the cool looking instances were shadowbanned from connecting.i made a gab account a while ago but there isnt much tech stuff there, no weeb stuff either so i cant switch completely to it. been popping on lainchan every now and then, seems nice.
thanks for the comfy thread user, needed it

Jow Forums, /a/, /out/, /lit/, Jow Forums, Jow Forums

I assume most major OS are designed to have almost every feature available, so fundamentally every popular OS is doomed to be bloated. Maybe someday i'll try to build my own ideal system too, but unless every feature is its own compartment freely removed we'll never be free of it. Less really is better.

Yeah Gab and bitchute is largely Jow Forums and Jow Forums topics. They need to figure out that a service that allows everything, means you can talk about more than just that. I haven't checked out minds yet, but its just another media platform so im probably not missing much. The mastodon community I found was mostly lewd art, so I have more reasons to go there. Oh another neat platform is the /u/app. Its a chan style board and interface made after Va-11Hall-A game. There isnt any image posting, but there's still an interesting niche and threads there.

Are you the same user that posts hex maniac that made a similar thread last time?

peertube.video/
zom.im/
webtorrent.io/

What happened to Linux?

I told you fuckers that traps were a hazard BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN.
Linux is kill, trannies dicked it.

cute pic

Are you me?

I picked up a Kobo Glo HD from my work, holdover from when it was new, no one ever bought it. Got it at cost cause the boss treats us well (all 2 of us lol).
Turns out there's a strong hacking community behind the Kobo's, and the Glo HD has all the features I could want. Big screen and high dpi for clear and awesome PDF reading, so I can enjoy all of the shit I stea---download copies of my hardcover versions of on gen.lib.rus.ec,
The hacked reader software also syncs wirelessly with calibre, so I have excellent support with Linux, even if it is for faggots and trannies now.

I've been seeing a bit about mastodon social lately, since it showed up in F-Droid, just got a new Note 9 as well and explored that. I don't think I'll be signing up anytime soon though, I got an e-reader to AVOID distractions and get studying done.

I setup an arch server at work for samba file sharing between all the workstations and as a local git cache server to limit outgoing bandwidth and now I'm setting it up with a Unity build server to generate nightly branch-specific builds so we can always have a demo build ready for investors.

I wrote a script that automatically checks the S.M.A.R.T health of all the drives connected to the system twice a day and organizes timestamped filenames by model-serial folders and uploads them to an offsite server so we can have a full time-line of a hard drives health.

Also taught all the employees the basics of ssh key files across windows and mac and linux to keep things like sftp and ssh secure.

I'm setting up the server with a "wiki" of sorts for us to fully document the quirks and high-level organization of our workplace for any new IT or assistants that we might bring in.

And once in a while I remote into it and get the server to mass-download some anime or some shit so that when I go to work I just plug in my ssd external drive and transfer it over.

This is all to the side of my actual job title too where I do a lot of gpu programming.

Making good money and i wear many hats and tomorrow I'm going to go to Fry's and get myself some 4k monitor(s) to prepare for the RTX 2080 TI I plan to get.

Attached: tumblr_pc3d6yD8O21v2gw9ko1_540.png (540x629, 267K)

>zom.im/
so what i have to get all my friends and family to install this app when I can just get them to use the facebook chat that they probably already use?