What does Jow Forums think of PHP?

What does Jow Forums think of PHP?

Attached: logo.jpg (300x158, 16K)

it sucks

It's the only web language I know that stayed true to its roots while trying to clean up all the legacy mess.

At least it's improving, so I like the tendency.

More like poo heck penis haha

it's really quite awful
weak typing, bad scoping, bad OOP model, terrible inconsistent standard library... it's just as warty and ugly as JS but at least JS becomes readable if you limit yourself to a strict subset of it

avoid

why?

i really like it

>bad OOP model
>implying that's not a good thing

OOP a shit

It's shit and always has been but some contrarian will stop by any moment telling you how version 182 fixed everything and all the real men still use it for all their serious business wordpress sites.

fpbp

I use perl

its better than the alternatives

Its the best linux webdev language. Anyone who says otherwise is a ruby shill, a django wagechild or a nodelet

Good enough (TM)

This, and all php devs are brain damaged.

echo "it just werks";

I prefer PTP

I might say,

What you think of NodeJS and PHP and JAVAS

desu everyone in webdev world got braindamage

Nodelet detected

Node = cancer
Java = pajeet
PHP = nectar of the gods

Never again, I still have flashbacks from the trauma

One of the most powerful languages in the world. Brainlets can't handle dynamic typing.

Good with a framework, shit without. Just like javascript.

Attached: BPS1.jpg (350x290, 13K)

Depends on the framework.

This.

best server side language
fast, secure and it just works

i bet u do fucking faggit

Php webdev, I upgrade every project from 5.6 to 7.1+ . The improvement is massive, double the performance and cleaning up the inconsistencies. It's development time is hilariously fast, I can churn out CRUD interfaces in a week for my company.

it gets job done

To expand, if you just use a Database class and scripts to process input, then AJAX on the front end, it flies

>server side JS
PHP is the antidote to the cancer