Linus didn't cave, he got kicked out

Linus didn't cave, he got kicked out
>This situation presented two options: stay in Vancouver without Torvalds or move to Edinburgh with Torvalds. Torvalds himself preferred the first option, but this idea was met with resistance, suggesting that Torvalds' behavior, which is known to havedriven some developers away from kernel development entirely, was one of the issues that the maintainers wanted to discuss. Accordingly, the decision was made to move to Edinburgh to fit in with his vacation. That such a disruptive change of venue should occur indicates there's considerable strength of feeling about Torvalds' presence.
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/09/linus-torvalds-apologizes-for-years-of-being-a-jerk-takes-time-off-to-learn-empathy
He lost control of his project to the SJWs, and decided to leave with a bang.
His leaving post is obviously tongue in cheek.
He's not coming back.
Maybe he will help Theo with openBSD.

Attached: linus-eff-you-640x363.png (640x359, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brendaneich.com/2014/01/trust-but-verify/
lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/2/303
lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/21/192
lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/3/700
igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/biography-of-a-cypherpunk-and-how-cryptography-affects-your-life/
lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1711.2/01701.html
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Scotsman here. I don't want these purple hair freaks in my capital city. Fucking cunts, I hope they get their fucking cunts kicked in in Edinburgh pubs and al their stuff stolen from them. Cunts.

best be careful, rouge sjw jannie deleting threads about this whole debacle

>Maybe he will help Theo with openBSD.
yeah, that's gonna work flawlessly...

fucking retard.

Why doesn't he just fork it?

Holy shit, that comment section is absolute cancer.

Attached: me-irl.jpg (500x573, 213K)

>Maybe he will help Theo with openBSD
He's not qualified enough for that.

>He lost control of his project to the SJWs, and decided to leave with a bang.
Oracle destroyed MySQL, they had to fork it and took about two years of setback and now its performing much better than the original project.
Linux Kernel will go though the same, the circle jerk will stay in the old project and be outperformed in about two years, The positives about this is that we are getting a remake of that stupid pingu.

I really hope you're right.

Linus will join the fork.

>g-guys linus didn't leave us right
>he could never betray us right guys???
>tell me its going to be okay

The email he sent to LKML was clearly written under duress of some sort. Maybe not a physical gun to his head, but the style and tone were all wrong.

good to be honest. I was tired of reading shit and then see his tard ass come in and make a stink about shit he doesn't know.

Oh shit, I haven't even realized that we get to remake the logo now! Who's gonna do it, any takers?

it's arse technica, probably the most liberal shithole in all of tech.

>Of course, I'd also suggest that whoever was the genius who thought it
was a good idea to read things ONE F*CKING BYTE AT A TIME with system
calls for each byte should be retroactively aborted. Who the f*ck does
idiotic things like that? How did they noty die as babies, considering
that they were likely too stupid to find a tit to suck on?

Go back to your containment board

>His leaving post is obviously tongue in cheek.
can you elaborate on which parts you consider tongue in cheek?

Attached: gparents.webm (640x346, 2.07M)

Lol just fork it, fag

Little princess will hate daddy for being such a toxic white patriarchy male that does sarcastic micro-aggressions.

Attached: Capture.jpg (686x560, 67K)

Linus Torvalds is a god I hope he backdoored the kernel with a nuclear worm and sends every linux system into an abyss to make room for his next grand creation

My tongue between your asscheeks, you queer

Literally nothing wrong with this.

>is on Jow Forums
>can't track typing styles from years of samefag detection
I am not the outsider here.

>Maybe he will help Theo with openBSD.

Yeah, about that...

Attached: Screenshot_20180916_180534.png (1054x158, 17K)

imagine writing your goodbye to Jow Forums and reddit conspiracy threads after spending 30 years contributing to it
do you think you might sound different? your LAST EVER POST?
No way man, it's a conspiracy to take you away from the community. you never left, that was an impostor!

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm just high

why the fuck are you listing subplebbits, go fucking back, tranny
I know you've been seeing the word containment board all day and you want to be one of the cool kids using, but I'd suggest shutting your pig mouth instead

Linus literally called the OpenBSD people "masturbating monkeys"

Attached: Screenshot_20180918_221334.png (1427x758, 877K)

Who's laughing now?

I vote for Horsey's 'New face of the Alt-Right' guy

Linus just learned that being an asshole stopped being sexy some time ago.

linus?

Being an asshole doesn't magically make your code better. Just like being an asshole doesn't make you a better doctor, which is what house m.d. wannabes learned the hard way.

>My tongue between your asscheeks, you queer
I'm the queer here?

Attached: kaiser.webm (640x272, 938K)

error 404

How much time before he gets Murdoch'd?

Him being an asshole kept the gay away for a while, too bad he had to stop.

thank you based stallman for making this possible.

Attached: stallman-shirt.jpg (750x1000, 66K)

Go eat your haggis and play some golf you limey loving prod scum.

He started Linux and git, two of the most successful open source projects ever.

He could start a third project (I know he did Subsurface as well, but it's a minor project).

TYSON TAN LOGO

I REPEAT

TYSON TAN LOGO

ALL HANDS ON DECK!

Attached: 1526631137648.jpg (480x480, 61K)

Ars technica is just as pozzed and full of virtue-signalling normies as the Verge. Also equally full of shills and elon dick polishers.

TIL that people on Ars Technica despise Linus

Search "Brendan Eich Trust but Verify" (it was about to prevent Firefox binaries being corrupted with backdoors). A few weeks later, after he wrote it, he had to go. brendaneich.com/2014/01/trust-but-verify/

This all is 100% about gaining control. For Linux - and why Linus had to go - atm it is about KDBUS / BUS1, Secureboot Lockdown. other RedHat stuff they want to get into the kernel. But not for the SJWs themselves.

These "OMG, I*M A FEMINSIT CODER WITCH" SJW types are the ultimate pawns. So do know who is behind them. Or at least ask yourself. They slowly ruin projects in a way their "handlers" want projects to become. Linus had to go because of stuff like KDBUS / BUS1, mandatory Kernel Lockdown when SecureBoot is present, and etc.

Linux Foundation does the dirty work. Profiteur is RedHat. Red Hat is the No.1 contractor of US intelligence agencies and the US military. Think big. (PS: I'm not one of these anti-American European cucks. I love the US and especially the 2nd amendment, the 1st amendment and all - no matter what - folks who protect these freedoms.)

More recently:
lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/2/303 (rant against Red Hat / Poetterware / Sievers)

lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/21/192 (rant against Intel-Aviv devs)

lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/3/700 (rant again against Redhat and mandatory Kernel lockdown "for secure boot")

First from 2012, others 2018. READ these to get a better impression of the whole picture. His rage is justified.

Linus was figthing against all this bloat, bad code, breakages, user freedom restrictions, backdoors, etc.

And DO understand that just a single line of bad code, intentionally or unintentionally, can ruin something like crypto for the end user. Or just the random generator. SSL drama etc. igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/biography-of-a-cypherpunk-and-how-cryptography-affects-your-life/

That's why it was or IS so important to have someone like LInus as the kernel's gatekeeper.

Attached: Torvalds (1).jpg (640x287, 33K)

>And DO understand that just a single line of bad code, intentionally or unintentionally, can ruin something like crypto for the end user.
>That's why it was or IS so important to have someone like LInus as the kernel's gatekeeper.
funny because linus was always berating and bitching at the security patches that broke the user experience. why do you think he hates openbsd?

A computer you can't use isn't meaningfully secure because most people will just use a different, less secure platform.

lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1711.2/01701.html
why don't you include this in your list of linus rants and reconsider your entire theory

>house m.d.
You meant Dr Cox?

esr reported that there were attempts to blackmail him: esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907

Maybe they got him to say something he shouldn't have.

They got to his daughter Patricia.

Since when feelings > actual work?

has anyone looked at linus's emails immediately prior to the announcement?

sorry for my ignorance user, but where I can check that?

why is this the only reaction .webm you have in your reaction folder, you silly ass samefag

>Linux Foundation does the dirty work. Profiteur is RedHat. Red Hat is the No.1 contractor of US intelligence agencies and the US military. Think big.
Red hat is also number 1 or 2 contributor to linux kernel code, right up there with intel.
it sounds like you think linus did 100% of the work to maintain the kernel.
How long does it take you to come up with these fantastic theories? what kind of dots are you even trying to connect here? how do we go from feminist coders to us intelligence agencies and 1st ammendment?

Better?

Attached: 1537300750093-g.png (265x314, 21K)

the mailing list archive, a clusterfuck last i checked

by the way, if you actually want linus to continue involvement in the kernel and software in general, don't be abusive to his daughter. that would be the stupidest thing you could possibly do.

What the fuck do we do?

I swear to god if we lose Linus due to this fucking roastie I'm donating all my shekels to Theo. Reading this, the most plausible explanation to his leaving is his piece of shit feminist daughter twisting his hand. We might have lost the old, I don't give a fuck, REAL Linus forever...

Install Gentoo.

But seriously, if you're American, vote straight ticket Republican this November. The whole scheme collapses if we can get a few laws and Supreme Court precedents to unmake Affirmative Action, and that is a very likely outcome if the Republicans pick up seats in Congress. This is a political problem without a software solution.

>(Screaming continues)
but hey-- great answer to the original question.
All my webm reactions I made myself. pretty proud of them, so yeah-- I use them a lot.

Attached: screaming.webm (640x346, 2.34M)

No, this is just fucking bullshit. This same SJW takover has happened in many other popular open source projects, I imagine in much the same way. Not because they were of particular interest to this faggot clique, but because they were successful, and these shitheads wanted in.
You can fork it ten times, what they will do is just infest the fork that becomes the most successful time and time again while actual hard working people put in tons of effort in the meantime.
No, fuck the pink haired cunts. Someone needs to drive them out, let THEM fork the linux kernel and make their fork a circus project

SJW's see something popular, kill it with rot from the inside and wear it's husk like a skin suit and demand that their worn out husk be treated with the same respect as when it was still alive.

I hate them. I hate them with all of my being.

whaaaat an anti semitic movie

why is the only text reactions you have not relevant to the discussion, you silly ass samefag

just responding to the webm you fucking autistic cunt

More like Linus got KEKED out of his project by his own leftist daughter.

That would be amazing.

Ars Technica is literally as cancerous as reddit, if not worse, and the writers there are ALL leftists.

>voting straight ticket, ever
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: DgzF--uXcAME-N2.jpg (778x1200, 83K)

You can't achieve anything without strong and big google dick in your anus, goy.

Attached: merchant.jpg (586x514, 188K)

I remember when Ars Technica was actually decent, around 2009 - 2011. Then the social justice meme arrived and thy went full retard.

It's like reading Buzzfeed articles now.

>vote straight ticket Republican this November

>vote republican
>they pass a tax cut for the rich
>let in more cheap immigrant workers
>sorry the dems are blocking us we can't do anything else :)

NOOOO how did this happen

>muh sjws

Attached: laughing-smiley-face-gif-400x400_Lachender_Smilie_Laughing_Smiley.gif (400x400, 498K)

>unmake Affirmative Action
As if republicucks would ever do that.

The only people who thought he was asshole were people who couldn't/wouldn't do their job right.

This thread is some of the more retarded conspiracy theorist shit I've seen in a long time. Y'all make up shit with the flimsiest of excuses and call it reading between the lines. The opalgate instigator is the same who wrote this CoC? Well I guess she decides now who gets to contribute to the kernel. Linus' daughter is a feminist? I guess she's in on it and must want to take over papa's position.

Except that the people who maintain the kernel still maintain the kernel (minus Linus) and are the ones who decide how to apply the CoC (it's not code of law, they can interpret it how they see fit). And good luck finding a girl of 18 in tech who *doesn't* describe herself as a feminist. That doesn't mean they're the next Big Red.

whats the best BSD with the most redpilled developers?
now that linux is imploding I feel like moving over to something much less surrounded in bullshit

I would enjoy early retirement. Maybe spend a few hours a week consulting when I'm bored.

>Y'all

This gave you away

Maximum cope,

Any time a project reaches a certain size the turquoise-haired trannies decide they want a piece of the action and apply constant pressure until they are able to co-opt it. I don't get all the people talking shit on Linus, it's honestly commendable that he was able to keep linux above this shit all the way through 2018. I think the only way to stop this shit is dropping a nuclear weapon on silicon valley.

This is the only way I'd respect him.

>Y'all
at least try to hide what community you just came from

>Well I guess she decides now who gets to contribute to the kernel.
likely the case. from now on all he needs to do is create a fuss. the people now making decisions are on his side so will take his side by default. you'd have to be exceptional, a person known to them for frequently providing valuable patches, to get around that.

>the people who maintain the kernel
the new lead is greg kroah-hartmann, who likes to join in with the sort of twitter witch hunt activism so beloved of people like coraline. the first thing greg did was adopt that serial harasser's CoC. not confidence-inspiring.

>they can interpret it how they see fit
exactly

It's why the Democrats had Scalia murdered. They were afraid SCOTUS would take a case and ruin their scheme.

The current GOP is restricting immigration once the last few traitors are gone after midterms.

I genuinely don't know what community I'm supposedly from because I used "y'all".

Disappointing to hear that Greg is a witch hunter too, but despite that I'm not expecting drastic change. No man rules alone. Linus didn't Greg won't.

>rouge sjw jannie deleting threads about this whole debacle
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TECHNOLOGY OR CODE QUALITY. GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Software sucks anyway, lmao

>you can't use a linguistic term due to my premanufactured standards

Haha this queer is going to get his asshole licked, What a fag.

Attached: 1533616109219.png (2140x1739, 3.89M)

If death of Dennis Ritchie has enough to do with technology to warrant a sticky, then author of Linux being removed from his project clearly does.

fuck off

i wonder why you're so upset people are criticizing this

coraline's CoC = carte blanche for Nice People to abuse whoever they like, whereas if you're one of those pieces of human fucking shit who is known to have differing politics from Nice People there's going to be a case made to remove you from the project because you're "making marginalized voices feel unwelcome". this is not baseless speculation, this is what keeps happening elsewhere, and you should have been paying more attention.

you can't reason with them.
>can you elaborate on which parts you consider tongue in cheek?
no answer
>Red hat is also number 1 or 2 contributor to linux kernel code, right up there with intel.
>How long does it take you to come up with these fantastic theories? what kind of dots are you even trying to connect here?
no answer

>The current GOP is restricting immigration once the last few traitors are gone after midterms.
I don't think you realize that cheap inhuman labor is actually really great for the people who can exploit it, and that's the point I think user was trying to make.

again-- feel free to actually discuss something rather than bump your own batshit conspiracy.

sounds like some amazing political manouevreing there. it seems someone did back him into a corner, he was trying to avoid some kind of meeting where he would be stomped on but they moved mountains to follow him, no way he really made a mistake of the vacation clash.

So what does this mean for OSes like Tails and Qubes?

You mean the conspiracy for me to to stick my tongue in your butt to show you what a fag you are?

ILL BUMP IT AGAIN AND YOU CANT STOP ME

Attached: 1533062382840.jpg (605x640, 44K)

for free

>pls don't discuss things that make me scared
Clearly a redditor.

This was clearly a ploy to destroy linux anyone who disagrees is a redditor or a glow in the darkm

His e-mail mixes Unicode and ASCII apostrophes.
Kernel dev, docs and e-mails are done in ASCII. It's extremely unlikely Torvalds would use Word for drafting the latter, only to edit it later in a plain text editor.
It looks like someone wrote the draft in Word.

Does anyone have any theories on what exactly the endgame of these types of people are? Obviously control is a big one, but I fail to see the appeal in putting all this effort towards subverting a project developing an OS kernel. It's a fairly rigid piece of software that you can't exercise much personal discretion on the direction of the kernel's development. Linus was quite clearly forcibly removed as the head of his kernel, but I really just fail to understand the motivation behind those who want him gone. You can't make any money, you can't really steer the kernel's development in any ideological direction, I just don't understand what these people are looking to gain from overthrowing the leadership of the kernel.

Pls respond