BRAVO INTEL

>Yeah let's use 28 core monolithic dies that are very expensive to manufacture because they scale like fucking shit and then glue 2 of them together so that we can also introduce more latency and then sell them for $20k
>NOW WE HAVE SHITTY RINGBUS THAT SCALES LIKE SHIT PLUS EVEN MORE LATENCY
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

Attached: 1537199169279.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

semiaccurate.com/2018/08/02/intel-guts-10nm-to-get-it-out-the-door/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you retarded? There's no ringbus in server cores

they're getting behind simply because they can't get 10nm to just werk

So it's mesh? Because that doesn't really help either

What the fuck do you think they're using as a core interconnect then?

>350 WATTS
INTEL MICROWAVE EDITION

Cooper Lake? More like COPE Lake

more like cuck lake

you realise that amd 7nm is basically same size as 14nm intel. the classification of nm is bullshit intel does more with higher nm.

reason 10nm hasn't happened is they are using some advanced technique with light that amd doesn't use and will allow them to go even smaller in future. they are investing in the future while AMD is just getting meme classification as 7nm when in reality its not.

>ITS ALL A LIE, INTEL IS ALWAYS BETTER

Attached: Dde0RFIVQAAcZfO.jpg (1054x919, 103K)

>amd 7nm is basically same size as 14nm intel
intel-created falsehood

Moar like Pooper Lake

>kikelors lie in Jow Forums

everytime

Attached: YOU.png (868x330, 301K)

>realise

>AMD is getting meme classification
you do know is TSMC who makes the "meme " clasification as you call them

Performance depends on more than just feature size, though.

(You)

Attached: 1537198930914.jpg (685x599, 69K)

GloFo's 7nm no longer exists but get this,

All of those numbers are just wild speculations based on some nerd's wonky guesswork scaling math. There is no legitimate size metric yet released from any foundry to give us that much information. Best you might find is the size of a basic SRAM unit, which should only be 7sed for comparison to the last gen nodes basic test SRAM unit.

tldr
you sir are a faggot

>I have no idea what I'm talking about
No, Foundries release this information themselves. There are industry events for this every fucking year.
IEDM, Semicon West, etc. GloFo even does live broadcasted web shows. Besides that if you get the design PDK from the foundry all the data on the design flow is inside it.

Attached: iedm08-16.png (1207x709, 35K)

>Size doesn't matter

No. It's Jew magic.

>2008
>also if you contract for their service you get industry secrets
Ok, and?

>tells us all about how AMD is better because 7 nm
>Intel 10 nm is actually smaller than AMD 7 nm
>--SIZE DOESN'T MATTER!

Literally none of that is industry secret, basic scaling metrics aren't secrets, you shit eating moron.
These companies give presentations in front of a thousand people every single year where they detail all of this in depth.

7nm is too small, I don't want any quantum tunneling in my cpu

>Intel 10nm
Broken and cucked

I normally don not reply to bait Intel / Amd bashing threads but i must say even i dont like where this is going :/

t. i7 920

Attached: 1522088829542.jpg (288x325, 32K)

Intel 10nm is better tech than either TSMC or GloFo's 7nm

>What Intel is not telling you, or the analysts, is that the 10nm you may get in late 2019 is not the 10nm they had intended to come out in 2015. More importantly this new process is a significant step backward from the 10nm they promised, as touted in their manufacturing day. How much of a step backwards? Several of SemiAccurate’s moles are saying it is effectively a 12nm process rather than a 10nm process, and the technical changes more than back that claim up. Don’t expect this to ever be publicly admitted to, it is still ’10nm’ and always will be even if the tech doesn’t back that name up.

semiaccurate.com/2018/08/02/intel-guts-10nm-to-get-it-out-the-door/

>WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
Disco inferno

Attached: 1402035780668.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

My point keeps being completely ignored here, time and time again.

There are no 7nm desktop CPU products in anyone's hands to actually measure or correlate these figures we love so much. No microscope scans, no die shots, no power metrics or clock/volt curves.
Nothing.

If ya'll had it your way we'd blindly believe the next CPUs are going to be 40% faster and 70% smaller and use 60% less power regardless of realistic expectation.

tldr
u still dumb bro

>everyone is wrong
>hurr everyone dumb
Solid NPC post.

>semiaccurate

Attached: 1513004524002.png (465x541, 568K)

And now for Intel's actual transistor size.

Attached: 1535561310892.png (731x918, 65K)