Applying liquid metal without protective coating as a paid service on other peoples GPUs

>Applying liquid metal without protective coating as a paid service on other peoples GPUs

Attached: 0.webm (640x360, 2.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nI64A9hca1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>kepler
nothing of value was lost

So what happens? How much it takes to get to the chip and erode it to oblivion?

It doesn't work like that.

Isn't that bad to have thermal compund on the edges? I've only done it twice but I thought the technique was to put something a circle in the middle and the cooler spreads it out

For a CPU that is the case but for liquid metal on a GPU you generally spread it out evenly across the surface.

Any excess runoff can short exposed pads on the PCB. You want only a thin film covering everything

Liquid metal is different and has different properties then paste. The propper technique with lm is to spread it out very thin

>Applying liquid metal
Disgusting, anyone who wants that deserves the consequences

Attached: gay blowjob.png (604x454, 236K)

bullshit liquid metal still gets air boubles.

Liquid metal meme is retarded Arctic silver was out for years before and no one called that LM.

you guys are dumb. im still considering if I should use LM or the best non conductive paste.

last time I checked the paste was only like 1deg behind with 0 risk of killing components.

I killed a GeForce 3 500ti (basically a titian V of today) with arctic silver a year after getting it.

>I killed a GeForce 3 500ti
Tin/Gallium metal solutions today have about a 5x increase in thermal conductivity to normal paste at operating temps. Germanium soldered IHS might have them beat by a little bit but they're close enough to be negligible.

Arctic silver 5 was a paste with silver particles in it, not pure metal like the cool labs and conductonaut.

>spacing

your retarded don't say shit like 5x. say the actually degrease LM could be 0.2deg better than the best non conductive paste and still be 5x you idiot.

also don't say how much it improves with IHS replacement

removing IHS and direct die cooling with normal paste drops temps by 5deg even on AMD. using a copper heatsink drops by 5deg.

I want to know what LM does just switching too it from a PREMIUM best quality non conductive past. not compared to some shit paste.

It's much, much thinner than paste, it won't suffer from the same problems as spread out paste like trapped gas pockets.

>by 5deg even on AMD
This isn't 2004, AMD CPUs have been running less hot or as hot as Intel for years.

that doesn't make sense learn physics thinness doesn't impact trapped air dumb dumb. I suspect people just don't notice the loss of cooling from air or know a way to solve it.

The surface imperfections are much smaller to cause trapped gas, some people actually learned physics.

read what I said dumb dumb. if you remove the SOLDERED IHS from a core2duo or ryzen with heat and direct die cool you get 5-7deg better temp.

IHS are shit in general doesn't matter if they soldered or not. if you want best temps buy them awhile after release second hand so you don't have to void warrenty.

liquid metal has only appliance as replacement for intel tim between die and ihs, and the main reason isnt even thermal conductivity but thermal stability - most non metal pastes last 1-2 months on direct die contact and then it decays very fast.

Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut - 73 W/mk
ARCTIC MX-4 - 8.5W/mk
Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme - 8.5W/mk
Prolimatech Pk-3 Nano - 11.2W/mk

One of these TIMs are not like the others...
5x conductivity is a conservative estimate- it's more like eight and a half compared to mx4. No one is suggesting putting liquid metal between an IHS and heatsink- it belongs on the silicon.

The thickness of the applied paste is tenths of a millimeter, so the difference in temperatures are not that massive at the end of the day

Clevo gives you a black cover for the ICs.

Liquid metal beats indium solder.

liquid metal beats noctua paste by 4C at high load before delidding

It should beat it by a lot more on a bare die

youtube.com/watch?v=nI64A9hca1g

liquid metal scales with high wattage

from 3C at 4.4ghz to 4C at 4.8ghz vs noctua

that's not how IHS work it will be closer direct die. is noctua paste the best? I would imagine not. about 8 years ago I used GELD paste or some thing worked out it was the cheapest best past cost me like 3$ or some thing and it was only afue deg behind LM.

things might have changed thou but yer. obviously if you want to keep IHS on and not delid it might be good but using LM in laptops and GPU might be pointless and dangerious if its only afue degs.

I would use it if it was 4c direct die thou.

stop being a dumb cunt I don't care if its 7x the conductivity if that just translates to 2deg its not worth the risk of killing components or having to change it every 2years. that measurement means nothing

I want to know at like 150w cpu heat direct die cooling level if its 1-2deg or 4-5 if its 4-5 ill prob use it if its 1-2 fuck that.

wrong pastes last way longer than LM you dumb dumb.

pastes last like 5-8 years LM lasts 1-2 years depending on brand.

On Apple's new machine, it gives you a 15% increase in productivity and reduced noise.

using liquid metal and not direct die cooling is retarded. your paying all this for LM then loosing 5-10deg from using a IHS take it off and leave it off your chip wont get crushed and if your really worried get a ICE man direct die guard frame for 20$ on ebay you dumb dumb.

the only reason to put IHS back on is when y our trying to fake you haven't tampered with it to get warrenty.

linus is a retard he prob had his AC on 28deg hot while testing it the first time and 18deg the second don't trust that shit.

he looks for clickbate story and whats trending hes no objective at all.

Are you sure he's not the most objective reviewer ever?

well it might be true but his MO is making his videos as dramatic as possible.

for instance he got legacy intel prototype descreet GPU found out people where trying to get the drivers for it and just gave up and didn't research it more. he is prob like 1 of 3 people in the world with that card and isn't interested in the slightest in getting it working and working out what intel was using in there 2013 gpus. because the effort doesn't pay off in a good video and intel send him free gear for his editing computers.

that's not very objective. he could literally find out what intel is working on and make nvidia share price crash if he wants but he doesn't care about a free press he cares about free loot.

why do you think these youtubers horde all this gear they get for free they do it because it makes them feel good not because they actually need it if they where smart they would sell it right away they horde it and think they are special.

It's not just that liquid metal is thin and conductive but that CPUs have a Heat Spreader.

This is direct contact with the die, every spot on the die needs cooling, you can't rely on heat spreading out.

Does this replace a heatsink or just thermal paste