USB-C Sucks!

>He doesn't have a headphone jack on his $1000 phone.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ly-bSBHOSIo

Attached: moto-z-adapter-5[1].jpg (1600x1200, 259K)

How does not having a headphone jack relate to usb-c sucking?

>He doesn't have a headphone jack
I don't give a shit anymore, i use a DAP.

Watch the vide and you might learn why.

It's just another example of consumers not knowing what the fuck their USB-C device can do because manufacturers go off-spec to save money. In theory it's a really good port but the lack of standards and specifications is frustrating for most consumers. Some phones have USB-C but only support charging and storage, some phones have USB-C but can't output to sound or video... where does it end?

>get rid of analog 3.5mm jack
>jam analog audio over a usb-c connector
>analog
>usb
fucking genius...
i bet this is a byproduct of applel copycat retardation, just keep the jack stupid! literally no one wants dongles, flawed or with a dac on them

Almost 8 minutes to tell us that some devices are digital and some are analog. Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1534959279474.jpg (500x702, 63K)

Phoneposting on a phone with USB-C and a headphone jack. Confused.

>>He doesn't need a headphone jack on his $1000 phone.
Fixed.
I've hardly ever used a headphone jack, in ten years of phone owning.

moto z sucks

Usb is based it can display hdmi and audio like on the switch

Tell us more about usb c standards

Me too but sometimes I want to watch a Youtube video on my phone.

This is what i was wondering
USB-C is great, blame shitty implementation on phone makers

>just use USB C dongles or USB C headphones
>just use Bluetooth headphones
Fucking shills. Tell the manufacturers to make something ACTUALLY BETTER than a 3.5mm jack and I will happily use it. But all they've made so far is a clusterfuck that fails in new ways that normal wired headphones don't.

>literally no one wants dongles, flawed or with a dac on them
truth

>can finally call myself cyberpunk because i still use analog

>wanting to be a new phone
>all the phones I'm considering don't have a headphone jack
>"it can't be that bad right. it probably won't bother me"
>lose my usb-c to 3.5mm 2 months in
>start using the included usb-c headphones instead
>be at parties, riding shotgun, not being able to just plug my phone in
>regret falling for the "3.5mm is a legacy port"-meme

I'm honestly considering buying a new phone at this point.

You must really enjoy poo quality streamed audio. I have hearing loss and chronic tinnitus and even I can tell a shit bluetooth stream from a wired connection.

wanting to buy*
jesus christ

considering "low" bandwidth bluetooth is 800 kilobits per second I'm surprised you can tell.

most of the time we argue if people can tell the difference between 128 and 192k mp3 files...

maybe your bluetooth headset was shitty

>be at parties, riding shotgun, not being able to just plug my phone in
this. i love assailting people with touhoucore.

Don't forget the 40ms+ latency even on the latest Bluetooth 4.2 with ApTX. Oh I forgot to tell you. Only pro stuff gets the low latency Bluetooth-Live protocol.

Oh it won't be coming to Bluetooth 5 either.

Does that guy from Google still review USBC cables to make sure they are within spec?

Are manufacturers getting better or are they all dangerous still?

explain how 40ms+ latency affects listening to music or youtube videos

I fell for the Bluetooth meme and I actually don't care about the headphone jack now. Bluetooth audio quality is beyond acceptable, latency is low, doesn't consume too much energy, and I don't have to charge the earbuds as often as I thought I would.
So, generally, meh. The headphone jack can go. Bluetooth obviously has better potential.

Attached: 1436832962384.jpg (200x200, 12K)

if you really cared about audio quality you wouldn't be using a phone. if you were looking for "good enough" then a phone is adequate.

You won't really notice it but there is a sync lag between the audio and the video. Time critical AV applications require lower latency. I was hoping to use it for mixing on my DJ controller wirelessly. But it's shit requiring you to buy some expensive third party solution. Natus One is trying to address this but it's still a bulky dongle you strap to you and plug a set of cans into. Same as current 2.4Ghz solutions the music industry has been using for live performances for years (musicians monitoring themselves in the mix on stage).

so your saying bluetooth is a perfectly acceptable solution for cellphones and mobile devices

>DJ mixing wirelessly
For what purpose?

Yes and no. It's acceptable if you don't need the ability to plug some of your favorite cans into. It's acceptable if your hearing is shit like most of the youth today (and old farts like me). it's acceptable if you can get it to work and stay working. I'm just saying it has its limitations like most tech.

>>>>>usb c connector is as wide as a headphone jack

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>get rid of headphone jack

If you can't afford $150 for bluetooth headphones you can't afford $1000 for a phone.

USB standard that supports rotation when?

>it's just a 3.5mm jack with more contacts
>with passthrough analog audio

brillinat somoene get this man an award

THIS

I gave up. I know where this is heading. I just use a utilitarian DSD DAP with big old analogue knob. Its a tactile and sonic revelation.

So thanks Apple and Co for jewing us out of the jack. My iphone 6 just got a new battery and most the times i can leave the house without it and fully disconnect. Goodbye.

Attached: lewd z2.png (664x650, 872K)

I can afford 150$ for bt headphones, but I already have a pair of 600$ analog headphones. No point in wasting more money.

How can a chink not know how to pronounce Huawei properly?

OK, don't buy a new phone then.

But I did buy a new phone.
It has a headphone jack.

I just have an app that acts like a DAC.

OK, keep it.

>stereo knob
is that linear or logarithmic? if the latter where the cock did you find the bloody thing/what is the part number?

also why have two jacks?

>fragile part is not on the cable
Absolute shit

You know that feeling when you see the drumstick hit the drum and hear the beat a moment later, or see the explosion and it isn't perfectly timed with the boom? At Bluetooth latencies it won't be terrible but it just makes the video feel less natural. Even moreso in games.

How does it overcome the phone's lack of hardware that can convert digital audio signals to analog?

Attached: LiveMessage_2018-09-19-09-05-06.gif (600x600, 3.91M)

USB-C is the standard port.

Displaylink is the display specification, which a usb-c port can have
Thunderbolt is the High bandwidth data/video specification which a usb-c port can also have
USB gen 3 is the normal data certification that all USB-C ports will always have.

this is not a hard concept and it's a small rpcie to pay for having a standardized port that can do almost everything ethernet/displayport/hdmi/dvi/USB3 could do and more, as well as being way, way smaller than all of those.

I too applaud Samsung's decision to keep the headphone jack, but seriously, is there any faggier way to send a bit of text?

are tiny bluetooth amps any good?

Attached: at_0003_IMG_4159[1].jpg (1200x800, 472K)

No.

I have these. I give no fucks about your thread.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.04M)

Earstudio ES100 is great

Well then good thing Samsung ain't retarded by removing the headphone jack.
Nothing wrong with my galaxy s8

>not using bluetooth

Hold on let me just walk around with a wire sticking out of my pocket, that won't make me look like a nigger at all.

I assume the external dacs/amps in the adapters are complete and total shit.

Yet another reason to hoard SE's.

6s too

Couldn't you just desolder a linear and replace it with a log?

Attached: LiveMessage_2018-09-19-18-39-54.gif (450x450, 492K)

Attached: LiveMessage_2018-09-19-19-51-49.gif (600x600, 2.25M)