Why are you still using YouTube or YouTube Vanced?

Why are you still using YouTube or YouTube Vanced?
Why haven't you ditched them already Jow Forums?

Attached: NewPipe.png (225x225, 3K)

go back, newfag

why isn't there a NewPipe for desktops?

What's wrong with vanced? I don't think pinch to zoom works on newpipe last I tried

Newpipe feels clunky as fuck compared to Vanced.

pinch to zoom reminds me of the size of my penis so fuck vanced, I'd rather not have it

newpipe and vanced are two different animals.

With Vanced, you still have access to your subs list, and all of YouTube features. Newpipe is basically for just downloading and browsing only new stuff. Newpipes ability to import sub lists is abysmal.

>abyssmal

LOL wow exrprong exporting your YouTube subscriptions on your phone and then importing to NewPipe is the world's hardest thing to do. It's not hard, melon-head.

stfu. and yes, importing my subscriptions list is stupid as fuck, though thats not the issue. After my subs are imported, they're listed all fucked up, and you cant see what new vids are posted. Its a fucked up solution by newpipe, and makes importing subs pointless.

newpipe is a piece of shit that doesn't work

I use newpipe on my toaster phone, and vanced on my newer one.

YouTube vanced is just a mod of the normal YouTube app. It's proprietary, so you shouldn't use it.
Newpipe works really well, especially after they added support for live streams.

workd on my phone

WOW SUCH HARDS. Here's some advice for you, use your damn brain.

Attached: Screenshot_20180918-210457.png (720x1280, 60K)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-19-00-13-13.png (1440x2880, 400K)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-18-23-15-17-462_org.schabi.newpipe.jpg (1080x451, 23K)

Attached: salty.jpg (500x500, 38K)

The fuck do you zoom for? Newpipe has swipe for volume/brightness up/down and that's 500% more useful.

Have to upgrade to the newest version. Has to download it manually because the update wasnt showing on fdroid. Only problem is I had to uninstall it first so I lost all my bookmarks.

shit eats more resources than regular youtube.

LOL. Okay. How?

>0.13.7
Fucking retard

>Only problem is I had to uninstall it first so I lost all my bookmarks.
protip: under settings > content you can export this shit

NOO MOM I DONT WANT TO WORK

Attached: arbeitsamt.jpg (259x194, 6K)

It's called FreeTube. But it isn't as great as NewPipe. I'm still looking for a good tool to search a video on youtube and play it with mpv/ytdl.

I'm trying out vanced, but I can't get the notifications to work!! :/

On *nix you can use youtube-dl and mpv
That's only for playing. For searching you could use mps-yt or youtube-viewer but idk if those are around anymore.

I know hooktube and co.
but why isn't there a project which copies all youtube features?
I want to save different playlists and videos.
get some form of recommendation based on the current video and so on.
it kind of sucks that everything gets feed to google and that there is no alternative.
So far Hooktube is good for unblocking, but nothing else.