How's the job hunt going, user?

How's the job hunt going, user?

Attached: 1438901153421.png (633x758, 293K)

Pretty fucking well.

Is google going to checkout my search history with my application?

(((job)))

Attached: zk4f3ad70b.jpg (720x823, 488K)

Good, just got a call for an interview

>get email saying my resume is a match
>take their stupid online test that takes an hour and a half
>they say my scores are good
>schedule a phone interview 2 days later
>they said they will email me 10 min before the call to confirm on the day of
>5 min before the scheduled call they email me saying they hired someone else

Fuck this shit.

Web Dev here.
Should you take a job as a HELP DESK guy if you sort of need the money? Or stick it out to find a real dev job?

Are you really a web dev if you don't have a job

>Are you really a web dev if you don't have a job
Well... I had some freelance jobs at a time.

Take the help desk job. If you find a web dev job then quit. If you end up spending some time at the help desk job then you may consider putting it on your resume, who knows, you may be able to do some web dev as part of the help desk job, plenty of companies have web systems run on their intranets.

>web dev
>real dev job

ahahahahahahahahaha

Lol. At any rate, help desk ain't no (real) dev job.

Thank you. How long should I stay?

>"""bilderburg""" group

I get fucked in interviews. It's like they can sense my troubled mind just like Harrison Ford in Blade Runner detects replicants.

Uh, I don't know, until you get a better job I guess

>finally get reply from potential employer
>looking for on site developers
>drive half hour to their office
>QT receptionist actually seemed into me
>finally get to the interview
>breeze through their questions
>"Alright user we'll give you a call tomorrow"
>next day
>"Sorry user we actually hired someone else"

Turns out they got some pajeet working remotely for half the salary I was gonna get, also I looked up the girl on kikebook and she's engaged.

Attached: gkiFKSge_400x400.png (400x400, 362K)

>CS Senior focus on cybersecurity
>zero prospects

Even with 3 years relevant IT helpdesk/troubleshooting, Dell Hardware certification, and a security cert through uni, I get zero callbacks. I understand that I don't exactly have my degree yet, but this is beginning to look a bit hopeless.

Ultimately, I want a career in pentesting. Would it be viable to just get net/sec certs, and work my way up from Network Engineer or something?

>tfw I don't even know what I'm doing half of the time and yet I'm still more capable than an entire room full of pajeet CS majors

How the fuck did they come to dominate the tech industry!? These people are incapable of abstract thinking and if you throw them a problem they haven't seen before in some textbook or stackoverflow post they freeze up like a deer in headlights!

Attached: Stop Man.jpg (530x507, 132K)

Because they work for cheap and are somehow able to live in their country on that wage. That's literally the only reason. They're not writing faster or better code. They're writing cheap and likely copy/past/fill in blanks shit that just werks and apparently that's good enough to most companies who love to outsource dev to those places because profits are everything my dude. It's like apple hiring sweat shops full of kids to build phones. Cheap labor is something most companies are unable to resist even if it means a lower overall quality.

Fucking hell I'm thinking of going to uni just to upgrade my diploma but I know I'm just gonna be wasting time and money. I don't know what I should do anymore.

Attached: 1531418582454.gif (466x350, 395K)

Another thing is the large population and the fact they all know English their universities just print out meaningless degrees (in before some europoor says that about American degrees)

So they just flood USA jobs since they can work for peanuts

Awful.

Couldnt get a job at Comcast as a helpdesk bitch so now im working at Walmart.

You guys told me you don't need a degree or any certifications for these kinds of jobs but its all they ask for in interviews, what gives????

Attached: image (23).jpg (365x399, 34K)

Walmart is better than helpdesk.

how so

I'm a 31 year old zoomer so I have had a job for ages.

Walmart doesn't help get your foot in the door for a better paying IT/Programming job.

>this is me

i knew i should have gone for another major

I work at an apple store, pay is good but customers are beyond retarded. We don't speak in technical terms but in marketing terms and people get angry at you when their product bricks. I've been trying to explain I'm not the one writing software but that doesn't really seem to connect. Overall 6/10 job.

Attached: 1526309995771.gif (500x370, 1.88M)

based ceephax

How difficult is it to get a remote developer job with an MSc in computer science but no experience? Frontend or backend doesnt matter and I'm ok with low salary. I'm in Europe

>t.neet who has never had a job in his life

Attached: image (1).png (414x341, 157K)

i always got any job i got invited for an interview. (sure there were declines via email. That's pretty normal though)
How about you, senpai?

Been to several in person interviews that ended up with them sending rejection emails anyway afterwards.
Sucks being a non-white

I'm a 11 years of experience dev/lead working remotely from Europe for US, if you don't have any experience then don't aim for remote (you can find partially remote work tho)

move to a better place if you are not in london/berlin/amsterdam/barcelona and you'll get a job super easily, get some years of experience and in ~4 years you can aim for contracts and get up to £600/day

then if you like go for the remote ones, they are usually in demand so it's not that easy to get through

(even with my experience I had to take a call interview, algorithm tests with time and a full day - payed - to do a test project) - but now feelsgoodman, earning 6x the average developer salary here, working from home with no time constraints

oh and I didn't went to university, just worked as a developer from 18yrs old to now (almost 30)

Thanks for answering. I have a condition and working remotely is my only option. Hoping for a miracle :(

I'm almost giving up and starting doing helpdesk.

holy fuck kill me
I'm going to graduate in 2 months, all the good graduate positions are already long taken.
why did Jow Forums meme me into doing electrical engineering??? there are no fucking jobs that aren't power distribution.
no one cares about my open source contributions, knowlege of of plan9, forth and scheme can't even get an interview.

I graduate in May, should I start applying to jobs right now?

I work at a company as an intern and I think they would offer me a full time job but not sure if I wanna work there.

4 interviews and 3 jobs here. Being handsome sure helps

>got a side job with extremely little effort, and without looking for one
>sister who just finished school immediately got an offer
>frind of mine switched from a manual labour job to programming even though he has no education in that area and is completely self-taught
>3 other friends switched jobs for higher pay
Literally HOW can you not find a job?

I can't even get a help desk job. I don't know how much longer I can last.

sorry pal but google won't get back to you for a few years unless you're ivy league

helpdesk will NEVER EVER move you toward programming

I work in public transit setting up and troubleshooting servers and wireless security cameras for $42/hr.
You fags are looking at the wrong places for work.

Attached: 1293955352412.png (412x423, 135K)

working with normal people doing actual work instead of sitting infront of a pc all day with pajeets who make you want to blow your brains out

atleast from my experience.

Geriatric baby boomers who rejoined the workforce out of boredom and black criminals aren't normal and the "work" you do is far more depressing than anything a helpdesk position can throw at you.
Put in an application and work there if you don't believe me.

This, retail is fucking awful, especially places like Wal-Mart.

mate ive done both, hence 'atleast from my experience'
im not from america, so...

Is London really that important? I live near Brighton and I'd rather not make the commute up to London every day

>cyber sec
>doesn’t have CISSP, OSCP, ABCD

HELP PLS

I'm pretty much guaranteed a job at a SoC in Las Vegas around January. I have all the connections, and the skills. At this point, my interviews have just been formalities.

My issue is this. I think I'm getting cold feet for moving away. I'm worried that I'll lose all my close friends I've made in my home town if I move away. (max about 2 years).

Have any of you guys had to do this? I'm scared but I don't want to sound dumb and tell all my friends that.. :(

Where are you from?

send me an email, i may be able to give you two leads.
[email protected]

39 resumes sent, about 9 of those lead to initial phone interviews, 5 of those lead to coding challenges or follow up interviews, 2 of those companies dropped me or told me they had hired someone else at that stage. 1 on site interview which went well and lead to an offer that I accepted.

I'm at about 2 years of experience as a backend developer and have a masters. No degree in cs though. Job shit is a volume game. I was applying in the bay and only to jobs I had a close experience fit with so I got a pretty good response rate. 1/10 to 1/20 response rate is more common.

Attached: 1439102160875.png (600x600, 631K)

I refuse to sell myself short along with my soul just for a couple bucks per hour

Too busy with exams and projects to actively look. This is ridiculous

I am working 40-50 hours a week and also studying in university full-time. Get on my level.

[spoiler]i want to kill myself[/spoiler]

Attached: IMG_20180914_234823.jpg (907x744, 80K)

I know this feel. I took the even worse route of Computer Engineering.
I have more CS experience than an EE but less than a CS. No one wants a non-EE for an EE job. Eternally career-cucked.

Don't be a homo and just do it. If they aren't bums they will love to come out to Las Vegas and visit you.
There is also a good social scene in Las Vegas so you can make new friends.

That's a good reply rate. Good luck user

I think I fucked up. I just got my BS in CompE on Sept.1st and applied to a couple dozen companies and heard back from about 15. I took the first offer I got for 70k in a low COL area doing embedded C++ and C. But companies I applied to just keep fucking responding, including google. My old timey boomer parents pressured me into taking the first offer I could get because they're of the scarcity mindset. Shit.

Tech companies abusing h1bs and lying that they can't find American workers.

I have a job

Hang in there user. I finished 5 courses while working full time as a software developer. Pro tip: eat at your desk, cut down your work hours and stay after work to study. Easier to focus at work. Go to office on weekends to study

Good luck bro

I have a skype interview in 15 minutes with rajaah. I don't want to be an android dev since they are essentially going to pay me in peanuts for training. I can't afford it since debt, so I'll just do the shitty interview and turn them down if they don't turn me down first.

>Job loyality
*Breathes in*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Attached: laughingcoffee.jpg (991x902, 60K)

Corruption and racial nepotism.

Pajeets got in due to working cheaper and then eventually banded together as an ethnic group to exclude non-pajeets from their niche market.

In other words racism works and if you dont employ in-group preference for members of your own race against other races you are equivalent to a dodo bird and you will go extinct.

Meritocracy is a lie and always has been.

Jow Forums was always right.

just fucking interview with the rest and take the one that seems best to you.

I also did a degree in CompE but all of my electives were CS. Got a good developer job right out of college because I interned at the company.

Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes. Apply until you get an offer you want

As a pajeet-american , I agree. Fuck Tata and Infosys for abusing the H1 system. It's abused more in Jew or SJW places (NYC or Bay area) because you just gotta pay them 60k or some shit. 60k is a decent wage in some areas of the USA so they won't get H1 workers. They treat those pajeets like slaves since if they fight back, they get shipped back to the designated shitting street and easily replaced.

That is wrong. Google showed up at UC San Diego for the STEM job fair so I can assume Google at least visits some UC schools.

Attached: 1506915545408.png (500x500, 94K)

>Don't even end studies
>Don't even search for any job
>Just want to sit at home and lurk Jow Forums
>Get more than 3000€/month jobs just answering my phone
>Unironically art student

Pretty good, problem is for the next few days I'm working in another department 'till they delivery my stuff, I hate having a boss that asks you to come at 9AM. When I'll just do my job I'll be my boss, I deliver what I'm requested to and I can sleep 'till noon if I want to

Some dude quit his job 3 weeks into training and accepted an offer at Facebook at my company. He's an H1 visa pajeet so he'll prob be worked like a slave but you can always leave for another offer right away.

Ms in AE, but did all my work/research on operations/optimizaiton, will probably take something that needs any Bs if I can find it kek

day rates are up

Need job for exp, need exp for job. Yeah like that

>following Jow Forumss advice without checking the job market
i hope you did an internship at least

Thank you. I just go to the office at weekends. My social life is non-existent, I just fall asleep instantly at 10PM.

In a hotel at the moment. Night shifts are fun because I get to do whatever I want and no one can stop me. Might start at a different hotel soon tho.

flippin pcs
workin at derb8uer
good

is pretty chill so far:)

>Judaism so low

Attached: 1536414404138.gif (497x465, 3.87M)

>pajeet-american
nice try pajeet

You can call it anything you want. I moved to USA when I was 4 and my education is all AmericanTM

Nice LARP

>Queen
>Above the Financiers
lmao

Graduated masters in CE 3 years ago
Started working halftime internship then in a bigger startup
Startup got bought by SAP, now a senior dev making >100k (I am not USA so this is almost 5x avg salary)
Feels good

I don’t think this is a real email address.

Did it. It was java shit. I forgot if linked lists were synchronized, but I did remember arraylists were not. Also had a whiteboard question I bullshitted since I had skype on my phone (home internet is third world tier shit). The question was the check for palindrome strings, I basically said check for even or odd length of string, then compare the first half of the string to the last half using the substring method and quickly figured it out.

I hope I got rejected for being a countryfag.

Had an interview last week for an IT position, got called yesterday and offered the job. Also had an interview on Monday for a production engineering position. Have another interview at 3 pm for a software engineering job. Probably going to take the IT spot but I'll see what happens.

I got the very first job I applied for

You’re very wrong. Google shows up to my university at least once a semester to actively recruit and it is not an Ivy League school. It’s a good school, but not Ivy League.

I make my own jobs, wageslave

Lies. It depends on the business. I work at a smaller company and the “help desk” is also responsible for internal application development (small to medium sized python projects generally)

whats a job?

newfag detected

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x286, 28K)

"The tech team was extremely impressed by you. I'll be sending you an offer right after I check your references"
Been waiting for 24 hours just check them shits already
Already been given an offer and then had it withdrawn twice before because I'm a convicted felon

Of course you aren't. Only a dumb foreigner would think Wal-mart of all places is a better than a cushy office job.

Just got another email back for another interview.