What's Jow Forums favorite old school PC sound card?

What's Jow Forums favorite old school PC sound card?
Also a rather nice comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=YXFYWJ7dbz0

Attached: Sound_Blaster_Pro 1991.jpg (1700x1040, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102048
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bro, who cares about some lame ass SOUND CARDS albeit an obsolite one. if this the type of shit excites you just bogs my mine. come back here after you have sex with a women. SAGED.

>some bloated fat ass zoomer who can't even lift his own body weight acting like some wanabee John Wayne
Cringe.

Okay normal cards:
Some Aztech
Yamaha DS-XG cards (beware of chink fakes)
ESS cards up to the Solo-1
Adlib
Some SB16s

Overrated shit:
GUS
Sound blaster in general, especially the AWE series

"You will never own it" tier:
Adlib gold with modules
SSI Innovation

Useless for DOS:
SB Live and 128
Everything AC97 or later

Most affordable:
old revisions of the C-media PCI cards, they have okay SB compatibility and a good OPL3 clone

Not sound cards:
Roland MT32 for muh games
sound canvas for hearing what most midi files were actually supposed to sound like

as a kid I had two of these.

Attached: 662_diamond_monster_ii_rev.a_top_hq.jpg (1600x789, 302K)

How would you rate an Asus Xonar DGX

So many chips on these things just for a sound card these days we only have one REALTEK chip on the motherboards wouldn't be surprised they disappear sooner or later and sound gets integrated into the CPU.

AWE64 and Yamaha OPL3-SA

Better than motherboard because output amplification and software/drivers. Worse than most high end cards made in the past decade.

But Asus Xonar drivers are absolute SHIT

One of them isn't even a sound card
> we only have one REALTEK chip on the motherboards
Because those are just stupid DACs. Everything is done by the drivers now

It already is on SoCs

Well fuck me

What would you recommend as an upgrade?

Was thinking about getting this eventually:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102048

So are most motherboard drivers. IIRC they still had good multichannel support and configuration options compared to things like Chink Blue Crabâ„¢.

Speaking of Realtek do your drivers come with the "pimped" out look or just standard generic one such as this?

Attached: 345.jpg (798x626, 82K)

Yeah it's a decent upgrade, even Asuses own higher end cards are good for slightly less.

If you own a gaymer mainboard you likely have decent sound already
>Worse than most high end cards made in the past decade.
You wish
New creative cards are really not worth it. Garbage drivers and generic hardware in a nice package

Example

Attached: MSI branded Realtek HD Audio Manager.png (773x530, 279K)

There is no need to shill motherboard audio, it's good enough for most people anyways. I for example just simply can't stand the low bass output channel performance, it's day and night compared to a decent sound card.
Sound Blaster higher end cards ( higher end than this ) are still far nicer, the drivers are still not worse than anything motherboard chips come with.