What does Jow Forums think of java?

Is it based and /ourlanguage/? Or is it just for pajeets and zero iq niggers?

Attached: java-logo.jpg (651x400, 36K)

Just how often do we need this conversation?

This is the first time I've seen it posted

poo in loo! xD haha

Is java that bad

Java is honestly a pretty good first language. Statically typed, simple inheritance model, verbose enough to not be cryptic, no exposed pointers to cause strange memory errors (still have NPE), garbage collected.

However, for any given task, some language is nearly always better than Java. E.g. Scala is much less verbose, Python uses dynamic typing to help you code faster, C++'s refcounting pointers are much more elegant than GC, etc.

Pretty much the main driver of Java development in the real world is interoperability with Apache stuff and legacy/enterprise libraries.

Attached: bluej.png (600x458, 11K)

I learned java as my first language and, for me, adding a library to a c/c++ project is always a pain in the ass. Then, when I think I got it, something goes wrong.

It's so easy in java, and it wasn't even something they taught me.

Agree 100% with this.

It's "okay"

picking up Java was the worst decision of my life. I was 16 when I chose it, and at the time I thought "Hey, it's popular and a lot of companies need Java programmers. I'll become desirable if I pick it up." After learning how to program with it, I learn a ton of stuff. When I started to develop heavy programs and integrate GUIs, ti was a nightmare. I also made a small multiplayer game, but ultimately abandoned the project. To do simple things I needed to chain readers and writers. To create a simple window, I needed to import a library and set everything up correctly. To paint a simple 2D shape, there it was again. It was a nightmare.

From the countless tutorials I had read and watched, I learned one thing at the end of my journey. Java is bloat incarnate.

Learn JavaScript. You'll be able to focus more on the programming aspect of it.

>hurr durr java bad cuz dumb
GUIs are approximately identically shit everywhere. Nothing to do with Java.

I'm a C++ programmer and I have to learn java for data structures and algorithms

Why the fuck does the main "method' have String[ ] args[ 0 ] as a parameter?

launch paramters

i dont get it.

I refuse to believe that you are a C++ programmer and have never seen int argc, char* argv[] in the signature of main before.

Good syntax, shit performance. If C++ wasn't so poorly designed and had an identical syntax it would be the best language.

>shit performance
The JVM can often outperform AOT compilers.

>picking up Java was the worst decision of my life
You are acting like this forces you to only use Java and nothing but Java. If you are actually well versed in Java and its paradigms then you can easily learn C# or a similar language in a week or two.

Also
>shits on Java
>praises JavaScript

-c "how new are you" -k self

>>shits on Java
>>praises JavaScript
based retard

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 97K)

He is not praising javascript, he is saying that there is so many things in java that he sees as waste of time.

He propose javascript because you don't have to deal a lot of thing and focus on programming.

On select problems that don't churn memory.

Learn Kotlin

it basically does its job fine as a brainlet friendly language.
pros:
>simple. everything is obvious at first glance and there aren't really any footguns.
>good ecosystem. Lots of libs and frameworks.
>good performance. beside compiled and manually memory managed languages, nothing else can really keep up.
cons:
>type erasure stinks
>inexpressive, lots of boilerplate