Convert YouTube video to MP3 fast

So how do I convert a youtube video to an MP3 file?

The obvious route is download it and then convert with ffmpeg like this

ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -f mp3 -vn out.mp3

It works on 24x speed, e.g. will convert 100 min video within roughly 4 minutes (in fact feels longer).

Anyway there's a website called convert2mp3.net where you paste a Youtube link and can download the MP3 and it works instantly (all process takes about a minute or less).

From what I know it is not like you can drastically speed up MP3 encoding so how these fags do it?

Attached: (PNG Image, 242 × 208 pixels).png (242x208, 3K)

i would guess there is some sort of api to download only audio from youtube

use youtube-dl
>>>/sqt/

not your techsupport

>Not downloading original flac tracks
Noice XD

>youtube audio quality
Get

yt-dl opus file is faster than downloading full vid.

The problem is my old Sony Walkman player couldn't handle files produced by youtube-dl -x -audio-format mp3 due to I guess codec incompatibility.

Interestingly youtube-dl + audio extract looks like to take even less time than downloading video alone w/o converting

I do download podcasts mostly so they're 192 kbps at best and no point in downloading in better quality.

>download video from Youtube.
>get MediaCoder for Windows.
>Navigate through actual GUI to select appropriate media conversion options.
>Stop writing code every time you have to do any fucking thing, you autist incel.

Literally use google retard

>Interestingly youtube-dl + audio extract looks like to take even less time than downloading video alone w/o converting
Because YT has seperate streams for audio and video on higher video resolution modes.

>writing code
imagine believing this

it's only so fast because of your average pleb music taste. they cache the mp3 probably once someone requests it. and because of your plebian tastes you only request what has already been cached.

also ffmpeg has a threads switch. use that. (you can't because you have a shitty dual core notebook)

what you described sounds way more work than 'yt-mp3 $url'

or you could use youtube-dl and do "youtube-dl -f 251 -x" and just listen to the opus files like a human being. fuck mp3

>From what I know it is not like you can drastically speed up MP3 encoding so how these fags do it?
I use ytdl to download the audio format (no video). I don't use mp3, so ogg/opus work fine for me. As others have pointed out, you can tell ytdl to convert the audio format to one of your liking.

Attached: ytdl.png (1002x422, 95K)

>sit in incel cave learning command line syntax all day.
>take break to eat doritos with masturbation hand.
>back to hours of life wasted.

>incel
Back to >>>/reddit/

1) I don't dl music from youtube.
2) I have a 8c CPU but it changes nothing since MP3 encoding is single-threaded.

Brothers I want these files to be played on my walkman player which has no support for these formats and even for the MP3 format that is produced by youtube-dl. If I listened on the PC it wouldn't be a problem but hey then I'd just play on youtube w/o any download.

I am not a big fan of doing everything in cmdline but typing one simple command seems less incel than clicking through 10 dialogs meanwhile watching ads which are there to support the free converter dev.
Also ffmpeg is updated and has a big community that some noname free MP3 converter won't ever have.

What's -vn for in your options?

TubeMate for android.
Foobar with youtube extention for windiws desktop

You can use `ytdl` to download audio only

>Bonus:
You can pipe the output directly to FFMPEG and convert on the fly to whatever the fuck you want

Attached: Capture.jpg (1116x753, 90K)

>Anyway there's a website called convert2mp3.net where you paste a Youtube link and can download the MP3 and it works instantly (all process takes about a minute or less).
>From what I know it is not like you can drastically speed up MP3 encoding so how these fags do it?
A pretty trivial guess would be that they are converting on the fly

The bitrate settings also play an important role. Tested on a Ryzen 2700x using libmp3lame via ffmpeg. The test footage is the 90 min. long movie Monty Python's Life of Brian.
-q:a 0 (avg. 165Kbps) --> 85x speed
-q:a 5 (avg. 75Kbps) --> 100x speed
-q:a 10 (avg. 40Kbps) --> 125x speed
-b:a 165K --> 72x speed
-b:a 75K --> 66x speed
-b:a 40K --> 85x speed

Additionally you could achieve "multi-threading" by splitting the input file into several parts or the input files into several groups and then encoding those parts/groups parallel.