Is it possible to be a philosopher without having any college/university education?

Is it possible to be a philosopher without having any college/university education?

Attached: 1540597786937.jpg (286x402, 58K)

no

Sure, the Greeks did it

yes, because to be a philosopher you'll be unemployed, but you'll understand why

The only based post this thread will see desu

Attached: DoxpMLxUcAAk-hm.jpg large.jpg (1186x2048, 277K)

>MyFad

>There are no more arguments
lmao I remember that video where he acted like he was done for good and then released a new video the next day like nothing happened. what a faggot

not really, not at the same level
people believe it's just a matter of forming eloquent opinions about stuff but they just end up with word salad meant to sound impressive but that doesn't have any real substance
actual academic philosophers are much more versed in abstract logical thinking than the average person is aware of
not to mention being able to recognize and combine ideas from various people that came before them

bullshit, some people are prodigies.

no, everyone is born a fuck up

Godowsky shits on the educated.

being a philosopher isn't just a matter of thinking about question whatever you consider "deep"
at the baseline barebones minimum you should be researching on whatever subject you're tackling what other people have said before you
and then you should also be able to aggregate their ideas into your own before spouting whatever you can come up with yourself
there are many more people good at sounding deep than there are people actually coming up with anything useful
or at the very least coming up with anything that is able to hold up against minute scrutiny

Everyone is a philosopher because everyone has a philosophy even if they dont realize it.

You make it sound like (if I'm understanding you correctly) someone has to be publishing papers or adding new thoughts to philosophy to be a philosopher. A dictionary definition just says a philosopher is one who is learned or engaged in philosophy. This is very doable if you're committed to self learning.

Yes you can self educate. It's hard to do though

I'm not gonna say it's outright impossible to do it autodidactically
But claiming that's good enough for the average person with a passing interest is complete bull
Quality autodidactism is a rare skill, most people acting like they know what they're talking about are not just deluding the people they're talking to but they're also deluding themselves
And yes they do need to be adding new thoughts to what already exists that's the key difference between a philosopher and a guy with an opinion

>And yes they do need to be adding new thoughts to what already exists that's the key difference between a philosopher and a guy with an opinion
That's your opinion, though.

yeah that was about when i figured out stef's only goal is to collect shekels

he says the exact same shit in every video too, it's quite eerie when you're looking for it

No it isn't. You just said it yourself. Learned or engaged in philosophy. What do you think that means?
Being engaged means being aware of what is already going on in popular schools of thought

I think there was a miscommunication somewhere.
I'm going to exit the conversation.

Attached: main-qimg-fdc34259e2c6963c78571f2e33533dd8.png (602x401, 40K)

I wondered this too

Aristotle and Nietzsche are based tho
Dunno who the other 2 are. Is the one jordan Peterson?

if you do your own reading/research then yeah

Stephan molenuex and Jordan Peterson

The image is saying that modern philosophers are trash and old philosophers were good.

2 rhetorician con men, ignore them

Attached: Kek3.jpg (236x278, 18K)