You read it here first

You read it here first.
The new Google Pixel 3 will have a "Neural Zoom Enhancement" as its new main camera feature. You will be able to zoom 2x without losing details thanks to deep convolutional networks. All without the need of a secondary back camera.

Have a nice day.

Attached: 1537360343807.png (284x177, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/google-pixel-2-photos-get-ai-better-digital-zoom/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, great, it is still garbage compared to any DSLR. Goodbye.

I hope this is real

That notch kek

Attached: 1537252157158.jpg (600x484, 35K)

wowo 2x zoom

Hopefully, they patch it into the pixel 2, I see no reason why they couldn't

•___•

NCIS critics BTFO

underrated post

Physically impossible.

Isn't that the same thing as interpolation except this time the AI will assume your salad is actually a tree and add a few bark pixels to preserve the details.

>without losing details
You don't lost details when you zoom-in digitally, you just don't gain any. Google is a fraud company.

Goodbye.

>thanks to deep convolutional networks
thanks to Google run botnet and service-as-software-substitutes you want to say.

cnet.com/news/google-pixel-2-photos-get-ai-better-digital-zoom/

Already a feature on the pixel 2

>I don't know how a camera works: The Post.

Because it wouldn’t sell phones

It's kind of growing on me actually.

Probably the new Pixels will have a much improved version of this?

Interpolating missing info with a neural network is still losing detail, fa.m

Unlikely. The detail added by the neural networks won't look right, they aren't that smart yet, if it's possible at all to reconstruct the missing information.

This is actually the technology used in Nvidia's DLAA. It just generates a reasonable result given a natural image prior. No new details are added but the image won't look blocky. Not really a big leap beyond existing software post processing methods in terms of quality.

This. You simply can't know what you missed between the pixels for an arbitrary image. The best you can do is guess, which is exactly what this is doing.

>almost 2019
>dslr
>eos r and z7 is here

>camera literally making shit up
can't wait to hear people say they're seeing ayy lmaos everywhere
pic related, this is how it's gonna work

>Being that guy

>forgets pic
fuck

Attached: Jesus_PaintingNEW_293150090.jpg (864x487, 299K)

You read it here first.
The Cuckxel 3 will have a plethora of hardware and software issues, just like the first and second one.

Honestly aside from it kind of looking like a face I don't understand why people think it's the most hideous thing ever put on a phone. The bezels around it are super slim and look good.

I'd buy the phone just for the o___o

They're just stingy with the hardware. If this was actually true (it isn't and it's pure marketing bs) then they could just put a second camera on it with x4 the focal length of the first one.
>14mm equivalent that "zooms to 28mm equiv with no detail loss"
>56mm that goes to 112
Boom, you now have ultrawide, wide, standard and telephoto with only two lenses. Completely unmatched focal range, and if they really wanted to they could make it 10-20mm, 40-80mm and 160-320mm with three lenses and you'd never have to crop more than x2 across that range.
But of course they won't, because "convolutional networks" and rotational velocidensity won't do anything other than interpolate random shit it thinks belongs there, and also because putting another camera module in the phone would cost them an additional $10 per unit and they would rather sell you shitty upscaling algorithms than drop their margins by that much.

issues like what?

We must

E N H A N C E
N
H
A
N
C
E

Attached: TS560x560?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.howtogeek.com%2Fgeekers%2Fup%2Fsshot4e28005b8f370.png&signature=N (560x420, 437K)

At least the pictures will look nice like Pixar films.

>No headphone jack
>Notch
>How much you want to bet the home button is going away
*pain*

>pixel
>home button

Attached: .png (403x448, 53K)

Malfunctionning speakers, lens flare on camera, screen burn in appearing abnormally fast, dropping call regularly, unit coming without an os installed.

>zoom 2x without losing details

Attached: Rothschild's masters.jpg (768x605, 77K)

They have already been adding gesture for navigation as part of android p beta

It doesn't matter. They'll put the useless feature in, all reviewers will say "it's decent, but it'll get better with time" and everyone is gonna buy it. That's what happened with the first fingerprint scanners, the first face unlock phones and the first Android phones with 64-bit CPUs.

>a custom chip that accelerates some processing tasks. That includes running artificial-intelligence software
>RAISR, short for Rapid and Accurate Image Super Resolution, takes a different approach from ordinary digital zoom. It uses a machine learning system trained on real photos to make more intelligent guesses at filling in details
I don't get it, so is this AI chip learning on the go based on your pics or is it like a botnet service where every pic you take goes to google servers where they process your pic? If so, then where is the custom chip that is running artificial-intelligence software???

>Being that guy
Well, where's the problem? It's true. It's physically impossible for smartphone cameras to begin to even approach the performance of DSLRs.

Of course everyone and their mother is carrying one of those.

My note already does this.

Then again my note has a headphone jack and no notch so it's obviously a class above.

>that notch
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHSHSHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHSHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Waifu2x is not optical zoom. It is still just a shitty scaled digital zoom. No amount of shouting "MUH DEEP NEURAL NETS!" will extract information the sensor was not able to capture.

Non-optical zooming is literally making shit out of nothing.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1778x1000, 159K)

seriously, I will never in my life buy a phone that has a notch. why is this shit even a thing? seems like a screen to body ratio pissing competition that went horribly wrong

>let's compare two photos taken in completely different lighting conditions
>also let me use ancient examples
>hahaaa take that

Neat, waifu2x integrated into google pixel camera.

what you'll actually see if you zoom in far enough are microscopic pictures of steve jobs rolling in his grave

I bet it'll require sending the pictures to google

>1 memory card slot
Clearly Canon and Nikon weren't thinking.

One of the three major downsides of the pixel 2 camera is shit zoom quality
others are shit dark quality, and white balance/color balance

Zoom on a phone camera is useless anyway. It just crops the image and stretches it. Better to take your picture zoomed out and crop it how you want later.

not if you use a telephoto lens, then its good enough to not want to bring a bulky camera for 99.998% of all things.

>please buy
>no bully
>no cameras
>we automatically open gimp and just smear the shit around when you zoom
>also we can smear the shit behind your hair sometimes
>shilling intensifies
>pixel such good camera wow just buy it

Detail is absolutely lost though. This is just a filter that doesn't retain any extra captured data but instead creates it's own.

>he has to star at a screen to take pictures to put on a screen

Attached: 116659998.png (957x725, 471K)

>Having no control over depth of field
>Thinking the new iPhone will actually give you control over dept of field

that's called a software zoom

it's not, it has half the quality by default then it consumes some more power to not be stupid

܂So, basically waifu2x.

A camera that merely pretends to be retarded.

Attached: 1519448069811.gif (1238x1199, 403K)