/spg/ - Smartphone General

Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro & Mi 8 Lite Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 464ba6fffe98cc54d7783c53ddeaa7e3.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thesun.co.uk/tech/7256119/new-iphone-too-big-for-women-apple/
youtu.be/D9prht-PcWY
xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-g6-moto-e5-series-poor-software-support/
gsmarena.com/meizu_16x_goes_on_preorder_costs_less_thanks_to_the_snapdragon_710_chipset-news-33337.php
gsmarena.com/heres_a_first_look_at_the_samsung_galaxy_s9_running_android_pie-news-33326.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ikr. Being a handlet is suffering.

When are smartphones gonna be "holdable" again? These fucking kitchen boards for chopping onion are a shit fit for human hands.

You either have to buy a fat cover to make it thicker or take extra care not to drop it everytime you use it.

even with a huge hand, you're supposed to grab round things like handles, cocks, bottles.

These fucking rectangles are primitive.

WHERE IS THE MI MIX 3 ANNOUNCEMENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

t. f*male
thesun.co.uk/tech/7256119/new-iphone-too-big-for-women-apple/

>What's your current phone? pls respond

Out of 39 replies:
Xiaomi: 8
Samsung: 6
Apple: 6
LG: 5
Motorola: 3
Nokia: 3
Huawei/Honor: 3
Sony: 2
OnePlus: 2
HTC: 1
Essential: 1
Google: 1

Wow, looks like the Xiaomi shills are winning

Does the Mi Mix 2 actually have ads built into the OS?

I'm talking about the shape, you daft cunt. Why would I add thickness if I had small hands?

So, is the Redmi Note 5 the new official Jow Forums phone?

Attached: 1291415863774.png (600x1000, 336K)

Nah, Pocophone dethroned it

I'm thinking about buying a XZ1 compact but there's one thing I'm a little bit worried about.
Should a 720p (something like 320ppi) screen be a dealbreaker for a phone I'm buying in the current year?
Am I lying to myself when I say it won't bother me because the battery life will be better and the gpu will have an easier job?

Attached: Sony-Xperia-XZ1-Compact-Review-TI.jpg (680x453, 54K)

>Am I lying to myself when I say it won't bother me because the battery life will be better and the gpu will have an easier job?
No, you wouldn't be lying because it's true. 720p is perfectly fine on a 4.6" display. If you have a chance, go to a store and see for yourself.

>Wow, looks like the Xiaomi shills are winning
Looks like you're making conclusions on an anonymous image board and even going as far as accusing someone of being a shill. You really have this all figured out.

But why this device in 2018? Size?

Sound like something a shill would say

>Wow, looks like the Xiaomi shills are winning

>cheaper
>good quality

I wonder why

>Sound like something a shill would say
Sure, and you'd know this how genius? There were 167 people in the thread you had your poll in and even that can't be verified, because people could've been using mobile data as well as WiFi. Out of those 39 replied and here you are concluding something with certainty. Now that I've spoonfed you everything, do you understand why your little poll means nothing? Also:

Redmeme note 3 chink Kenzo variant

>Also, hardware is outdated and will eventually lag no matter what ROM it's on

Granted it will EVENTUALLY lag, but compared to the 5s, the Galaxy S5 has double the RAM (2GB vs 1GB), a faster processor and a better GPU. On paper, it should smoke the iPhone. So why is it that it lags on the most recent version of Android, and why did Samsung not extend support further into the future (given that we've already established that it didn't cost much less)?

The resolution on my iPhone 5s is even worse, although the pixel density is about the same (~320ppi). Sure, if you put it side-by-side with something like a Galaxy Note 8 or a Pixel 2 Plus, you're going to notice a difference. But in everyday use, it will not bother you one iota, unless you habitually hold your phone about two inches from your face. Anything over 350ppi is, in my opinion, nothing more than a spec sheet pissing contest, or fantasy fulfillment for the extremely autistic. There is no downside to a smaller, 320ppi screen, and the upsides are good: better battery life and better performance. The XZ1 Compact is a good phone, and the last of Sony's iconic design before they began to follow the crowd. Go for it.

>So why is it that it lags on the most recent version of Android, and why did Samsung not extend support further into the future (given that we've already established that it didn't cost much less)?
Planned obsolescence. Also, Android optimization became better on 64 bit CPUs, which the S5 doesn't have. Not to mention software not being the same as 4 years ago.
youtu.be/D9prht-PcWY

you're replying to the wrong guy, I'm the one that posted the poll. please stop being so shook

what kind of phone do you have?

I posted the poll but wow dude your autism far exceeds mine, thank you for counting.

For the record I have the Nokia 6. 3 repairs so far and in need of a new one or a noose

I have narcolepsy and sleep very hard. I also like to listen to music on full volume in public(grocery store/walking in parks)

What phone has the best/loudest speakers? is there a bass-boosting case for a device?

I'm going with the regular size Pixel 3 this year cause the Pixel 2 XL is too big for me. Only thing I'm worried about is the 1080p screen instead of the QHD screen I currently have.

Would a Moto G5+ be a substantial upgrade from a Huawei Ascend XT? My Ascend gets bogged down whenever I try to run anything in Google maps, forget about running music and podcast apps along with Maps.

P20 pro

Anyone have the Moto G6 or G6+? How is it?You're disgusting, user

Attached: moto.jpg (1200x1200, 111K)

So I've been using the Pixel 2 for about a week and this is a really great phone. It's a shame it's not popular among the masses.

Attached: Screenshot_20180919-232609.png (1440x2880, 271K)

Nokia 3310

>redmi 6
>mi a2
>pocophone
>mi 8 lite
>mi 8
All these phones almost cost the same. What's Xiaomi doing?

Will the Mi 8 battery last like the Mi Note 3 batery?
I mean Amoled consumes less energy right?

Just get a Bluetooth speaker

Don't buy Motorola phones
xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-g6-moto-e5-series-poor-software-support/

It would be if it wasn't exclusive to Verizon in the states and only sold in a few European countries.

P20 Pro and Redmi 5 Plus.

You're late to the party for at least 6 months

mi mix 2 and mi mix 2 plus

This is a screen shot of my phone with the most of icons. How am I supposed to see all these if there's a notch? I just have to turn my phone sideways a lot?

Attached: Screenshot_20180914-064708_1_1.png (720x84, 24K)

test

Curious about this too

Why cant I use my sdcard in lineageos? I give all the apps access in "storage permissions" but I cant create folders in ghost commander I cant play music or even scan for music in vanilla or vinyl music player but I can fucking browse it and create folders with the stock file browser included in lineage

Doesn't fucking work

Attached: Screenshot_Package_installer_20180919-115028.png (1080x2160, 97K)

With all the new phones making brainlets throw out their 2 year old handsets, what's the best option in terms of a bargain basement phone with decent specs? I don't see much point buying a cheap Xiaomi when I can get something from a respectable manufacturer with better specs for cheaper.

>How am I supposed to see all these
You don't, the notch hide them. Pull your notification down if you want to see all of them if your phone have a notch.

Jesus Christ are you a boomer? Clean that shit up. Why the fuck do you have two battery indicators?

The masses can’t get it cause they live paycheck to paycheck and it’s seven hundred dollars. If google doesn’t get the pixel 3 financed by all four US carriers it will be a failure all over again.

>2 battery indicators
You didn't even look at the screenshot.

A workaround for this is in the works for the Mi 8 at least.

Should i get a huawei p9 or galaxy s7

I don't have Mi 8. What is it?

You from Singapore?

>I don't see much point buying a cheap Xiaomi when I can get something from a respectable manufacturer with better specs for cheaper.
Like what?

galaxy s7 edge if you must, but that's the real brainlet move. just get a xiaomi and underuse it

what do you have now?

I’ll take the bait on this one. Or maybe you’re just a fucking idiot.

Attached: B69B708F-4405-4D62-AE5F-AF6ABD500899.jpg (2178x753, 337K)

have you used a cell phone before

Microsoft Lumia 650....

Redmi 4x

>gsmarena.com/meizu_16x_goes_on_preorder_costs_less_thanks_to_the_snapdragon_710_chipset-news-33337.php
based or cringe?

>looking at a vague symbol instead of a number
also that's one indicator

>based or cringe?
>>>/youtube/
>>>/discord/

This is the boomer mindset everyone. Look at him and laugh.

The pocophone f1 has all the features im after (usb-c, great camera, decent battery life) but am I likely to find anything better at that price range? What are the alternatives?

So Jow Forums im a complete fucking retard and i've had an iPhone 6 Plus for 5 years, i dont want another Apple phone, i've been trying to decide between: One Plus 6, Pocophone F1 and P20 Pro.
Batterly life and camera is the only thing i care about, wich one would you recommend?

gsmarena.com/heres_a_first_look_at_the_samsung_galaxy_s9_running_android_pie-news-33326.php

wtf i love samsung now

Seriously though, I think it looks great.

So, how do I avoid fucking up the process of going back to stock on a Mi Max 3 that had a supposedly fake global ROM, after installing xiaomi.eu? People bricking their phones left and right and getting fucked like there's no end to it.

Mi8, Mix 2S, Asus ZenFone 5Z, OP6 are the alternatives with SD845. All of them more expensive than the Pocophone though. If you want something at a similar price range you'll have to settle for something with an older, less powerful SoC like SD835 or SD660.

no, just make sure it has the bands you need, poco was made for immigrants so its not supported fully in the only country that matters (amerigga)

there's not a shitload of different between them but on the basis of camera, the Huawei is a must for you

Should I do it? Between this and the lightphone I can't think of any other feature phones with 4G

Attached: 1523897685595.jpg (660x576, 63K)

I'm sorry but this looks like shit

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-S9-Android-Pie-Samsung-Experience-10-28.jpg (435x896, 36K)

Nokia 8810 4G

>no, just make sure it has the bands you need, poco was made for immigrants so its not supported fully in the only country that matters (amerigga)
(You)

>buys phone with a notch
>complains about the said notch

Attached: 1533321888862.jpg (356x415, 38K)

Fuck I thought MIUI had horrible design decisions, this though is on a whole new level of shit.

Recommend me a phone, Jow Forums.
Budget: $300, but that can be stretched a bit
Carrier: AT&T
Condition: New
Size: Preferably under 5.5" diagonally
Camera: Not an issue
Battery: Preferably 4000 mAh, but 3000 would work too
Finish: Preferably matte, but not too much of an issue
Needs a 3.5mm jack, too

it's fine, small iphones including xr got simlar pixel density.
small, last sony phone gen with headphone jack and relatively cheap

Are there any new compact phones (5 inches and smaller) going to be released soon? Thinking about buying iPhone SE, but I may wait if something newer is about to appear in the market.

pocophone

iPhone excess max arrives Friday
You fags jelly?

Attached: 36A8804F-0D3F-4509-AC6E-4E2F8E5CF357.jpg (135x138, 15K)

>6.18"
Too big for a handlet like me to use comfortably, unfortunately

So I just installed Lineage OS on my Galaxy S7 Edge and the camera is absolutely horrendous now. What the fuck?

Can I sideload the Samsung Camera apk?

poo-phones dont work on ATT

wait for new pixel to come out, snag a pixel 2 for low 300's

>le matrix banana phone
fuck really?

Just install exynos Gcam HDR+

>buying a phone without official lineage support

hey at least he knows if he has VoLTE and what network speed he connected to

Does that exist with 8.1 support?

Mi note 3 user here. My take on it is that mi note 3 has bigger battery and the 660 hqs a weaker gpu than 845,which most likely draws less battery.

Any other recommendations if I'm not willing to wait a few more months?

3 weeks

I'm in the same position

I'm not even the guy replied to, you autist

>unironicly buying Apple products

Attached: 1123432136754.jpg (680x453, 37K)

>full volume in public
kys

LG Q8

Nokia 6.1

STOP COPYING APPLEL FOR FUCKS SAKE

M I M A X

Moto Z2 Force is 299.99 on eBay sold through Motorola

XZ2 Compact is pretty new, Pixel 3 should also be reasonably compact (5.4" or 5.5" but 18:9 aspect ratio which would make it physically around the same size as regular 16:9 5.0" phones.). There's been some rumors about Apple releasing an SE successor too.

Redmi note 5, CN ver. Working good in Mexico