"Linux is a modern operating system"

But doesn't support Finite element anaylsis software.

What did they mean by this?

Note: comsol supports Linux but is made by dirty swede/iranian terrorist duo

Attached: launch20image20-20hsm.png (1920x1041, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siemens_NX
opensource.com/alternatives/autocad
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's that? also bump

Siemens NX

hang yourself

Hi aiqmmrhs

When we originally invested to create and provide NX for Linux operating system, we expected many others to see Linux as an asset and differentiator for NX use and environment alternatives, as you noted. Unfortunately, the NX customer base has not made this selection. Almost no others have seen the value that you note below for Linux operating system as a PLM/CAx client for NX and Simcenter; different perspective compared to your note highlighting Media and Entertainment sectors.

#
Solid works, computer aided engineering software made by dirty Frenchmen that simulates physics inside the PC

Attached: hqdefault (5).jpg (480x360, 39K)

The absolute state of Linux
Believe me I want it to succeed but...

The retirement of NX and Simcenter 3D from the Linux operating systems is with the interactive products. The license server capability from Siemens PLM Software continues to be offered on Linux operating system.

Software is programmed to a syscall API. It's on the software to support the OS, not the other way around. Also Linux is not an operating system.

What the fuck is PATRAN, NASTRAN, ANSYS, COMSOL, ABAQUS?

>it's another "linux sux cuz it doesn't support xyz software" thread
Linux doesn't have to support third party software, third party software devs have to choose to support linux.

Comsol is arguably the best since ots a multiphysics engine
However it is made by dirty communist Swedes and iranians

BLoO bLOo BloooOooOOo

Attached: your-tears-are-delicious-360x500_1_.jpg (360x500, 34K)

Stop shifting the blame.

Linux is a kernel

linux devs spend all their time forking each other and making more useless distros instead of actually developing productive software that will make people actually want to use linux

Congratulations, you're both retarded. Kernel devs can't build SolidWorks for Linux, for many reasons that should be blatantly obvious to even the dumbest pleb. SolidWorks devs have to choose to develop the software for linux.

Don't blame a kernel for not all software companies to compile their applications for a Linux based OS.

abluu bluuu bluuuu

Basically this

It does though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siemens_NX

Linux isn't modern, but for other reasons. For instance, it's still monolithic.

OS's don't support software it's the other way around you sillyhead

full faggot OP does not want learn freecad !
I build a amateur rocket with this, and run the simulation first with openrocket and futher more with freecad.
>nice cnc milling you are about to do btw...

What is simpler: one OS implements a standard API, or one million apps individually add support for a fringe API?

>an OS supports X software
No such thing. It's like saying this road doesn't support your car.

Attached: P1010661.jpg (661x539, 190K)

Linux API hasn't changed for almost 3 decades. Your software has no API at all.

Or just everyone can forget about linux until it magically runs .exes as well as windows.

>one OS implements a standard API
Right. It's called POSIX, and every major operating system besides Windows implements it.

linux is only good for programmers who basically only need a glorified notepad. for every other serious software, it's useless.

Windows implements it as well but, like everything else it does, extremely half-assed.

linux is only good at not crashing
it's for servers and nothing else is useful

use comsol you autistic incel.

Attached: 1516933308809.jpg (645x729, 81K)

There's some roads that literally can't support your car

If nothing could drive there it wouldn't be called a road.

by this example, mentally ill men (trannies) are women because they call themselves that

A road can't call itself a road.

Yes, it would
Example:
“The road has been completely washed away by the flood”
It’s still a road dickhead it’s just not useable as one

Some vehicles would still be able to drive it. Just not yours.

>Note: comsol supports Linux but is made by dirty swede/iranian terrorist duo
moving the goalposts, the post

*forks your distribution*

other people call trannies women. now go kys with your dumb non-argument.

FEA is a method of breaking down complex models into simpler elements so a computer can analyze what happens to the model when you subject it to various forces or other stimuli. Its useful to make sure your design doesn't break when subjected to the loads you expect it to handle.

It is *not* a road. It *was* a road.

Ansys runs on GNU/linux. Also FOSS finite element solvers are getting pretty good. You can do stuff commercial software can't and without limitations on number of cores. CAD is still pretty lacking though. FreeCAD is the best there is and it's pretty bad. Basic operations take a lot longer because once you reach a certain level of complexity, you hit an error you have to fight. Heaven help you if you want to change a part you have already made, because that breaks everything. Fixing most of the issues with freecad will take a while because they are hard and the CAD kernel FreeCAD is built on sucks.

what about a bike path?

eternal state of winfags
WHY DONT THEY JUST EMULATE WINDOWS API
actual autism

>Only CAD option on Linux is some free garbage made by a frito-inhaling basement dweller

Is ansys any good guys
Number of employees: +2,900 (2017)
Net income: $259 million (2017)

whats that a part of?

Attached: Capture.png (1558x990, 84K)

I dunno I grabbed it off Google
They have a robot claw pic too
I saw a Northrop Grumman guy designing engines on his gaymen laptop, probably not even a Quadro GPU baka

POSIX is a standard by committee. The Windows API is a de facto industry standard that everybody actually follows.

Try running Linux software from a decade ago then. It won't work because your glibc version doesn't match. Meanwhile, you can run software from Windows 95 on Windows 10.

Stay frustrated.

For FEA, patran is the only software that space agencies officially accept: you can use whatever for your analysis, but when submitting the results you have to convert everything for patran, and converting from one software to another has always its share of problems, so it's just best to use it in the first place.

OpenFOAM

Checkmate

yes, ansys student edition has no node limit, abaqus student edition has 20000 node limit which is fuck all

Patran is pre and post processing only, are you literally retarded? It's not even FEA

They're not qualified enough to make quality software. Look at GIMP, it's been under development for decades and it still sucks. They just can't do any better, they don't know how! Heck, GTK STILL doesn't have support for filepicker thumbnails.

If they were qualified, they wouldn't be working for free. It's just common sense. Free software will never catch up to proprietary software in terms of quality because it's developed by subpar programmers, while proprietary software is developed by engineera employed by a professional business.

Windows can emulate Linux API but not the other way around. I wonder why that is.

It has mesh element limits, though.

It's not like refining down to the point where you've got 2M elements is necessarily going to give you better results than the 500K limit, though.

opensource.com/alternatives/autocad
wow this was hard

nice last page thread save, op

>are you literally retarded?
I always mix the two. I often call them pastran because I get confused. I need a vacation.

Nice constructive argument, fa.m

It's also the name of a famous open-source operating system, coincidentally also called "Linux", and I believe it also has a kernel called Linux and some other tools written by contributors.

A

>Comparing AutoCAD to solid twerks

>What is wine
Seething retard

>What is performance when I open an assembly with 1000 parts
Kys loonix nigger

>Meanwhile, you can run software from Windows 95 on Windows 10
Who told you this lie? And why did you comparebrunning a program from today on an earlier version of the Linux kernel, and then compare that to running old software designed for Windows 95 to Windows 10? That is not the same comparison. You can run most Linux software designed in 1995 today.

Ansys isn't made by basement dwellers. The FOSS finite element stuff is made by academics. OpenCASCADE for what it's worth is developed by academics and industry. Basement dwellers don't give a damn about CAD kernels

Talks about FEM software but posts image of a CAM job.

>Who told you this lie?
It's a fact. You can run old versions of Photoshop and even old games.
>You can run most Linux software designed in 1995 today
You can't. The executables will crash during preload, before they even start, and the sources won't compile.