>Best Buy quit selling CDs in their stores last July
>somehow this is allowed
Literally why.

Attached: best buy.png (1574x793, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DSpgh0w3S4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=j5nLn2LLvAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jow Forums hasn't memed CD yet, SONY DAT will probably be memed before that happens though

8 track

DAT would be less of a retarded meme though. One day we should Meme BetaMax and V2000

Nobody needs that back. Ever.

Let's meme floppy disks back into existence. You know you want to.

Attached: 1479578142105.jpg (1228x272, 94K)

DAT was seriously a good format it is quite a shame that RIAA completely sabotaged the format. Would have been better with DAT tapes in the car instead of the CDs

You see, what happens is companies have bots that scan websites they think have a sizable Millenial/hipster user base and so people kept talking about vinyl enough that the bots picked up on it and reported back to marketing.

So we've just got to keep on memeing Trinitrons until some botnet picks up on it.

MP3CD

Time to meme SED Displays

Vinyl is just MP3 that’s really suffering from rotational velocidensity.

Thing is, MP3s/streamed music can't beat a CD for audiophile sound quality. Usually they sound like crud.

they can literally equal them though, usually they sound like shit because everything was encoded pre-2010 using garbage 90s codecs.

Get on my revel
>DAT has the ability to record at higher, equal or lower sampling rates than a CD (48, 44.1 or 32 kHz sampling rate respectively) at 16 bits quantization. If a digital source is copied, then the DAT will produce an exact clone, unlike other digital media such as Digital Compact Cassette or non-Hi-MD MiniDisc, both of which use a lossy data reduction system.

he knew... but nobody listened, until it was too late

Of course neither can vinyl for that matter; it's fucking 1950s technology!

I mean, we should have SED TVs now instead of TN garbage.

Hipsters gush over analog vinyl because it is completely lossless (probably not the right word) unless they're just writing a digital file to it.

>Hipsters gush over analog vinyl because it is completely lossless
>hipsters gush over something technical
em, no. hipsters like vinyl because "muh warmth" and "le pleasing harmonic distortion" not for any legitimate understanding of formats or mastering.

No, cassette tapes. Cassettes are comfy and aesthetic, and chan users tend to have a large overlap with various alternative or synth genres (who still publish cassettes). There's nothing more satisfying than putting a cassette into my '84 tape deck at home. I know this post is missing a monster energy meme but I'm not a boomer, I just like analog tech.

who actually buys shit from Best Buy?
everything on the internet is at least 30% less expensive

he was literally never wrong

believe it or... some people go outside

They're already back. We need to meme Laserdiscs or something.

Were laserdiscs ever used for audio?

No but they were used for arcade gayms
youtube.com/watch?v=DSpgh0w3S4Q

No manufacturing of new blanks tho. Unfortunately

Yes. Bands released music videos and live concerts on the format. Also karaoke laserdiscs

Laserdisc was never a standardized format though; there were both analog ones that worked like a phonograph with a needle and others that worked like a CD with a laser.

They're allowed to sell or stop selling whatever they want with their own damn business.
It probably just stopped being worth the supply costs with barely any sales.

Pretty sweet animation
youtube.com/watch?v=j5nLn2LLvAY

Objectively wrong. You’re confusing 2 different formats of the time laserdisc and CED

Attached: image.jpg (1125x791, 238K)

>They're allowed to sell or stop selling whatever they want with their own damn business.
And we're also allowed to disagree with it. Your point?

Physical media has become a novelty

nobody listened because there were no CDs

You can keep trying, Apple employee/shill, but you'll never force us into your botnet.

First post in thread, and i'm just pointing out an observation
also, i haven't gotten any physical media in ages, and that's not because of streaming shit, no, 'piracy' just got easier. I moved to pirating everything while i was still on dialup (streaming was not an option)

>$25 a pop
Wasn't the average cost of a vinyl LP in the 70s like $7?

Adjusted? Also, a vinyl today is a niche item, a vinyl in the 70's was /the/ way to get high quality music