Speck is slated for removal from Linux in 4.20

>speck is slated for removal from Linux in 4.20
>CoC happens forcing Linus to step down and community to split
>all this as 4.20 is getting near

Really makes you think, huh.
What are the chances that this entire thing is a subversive manuever for control over the kernel?

For those who don’t know, speck is a crypto built by the NSA.

Attached: D9E18E6B-2071-412D-93EE-0743F16D149D.png (621x644, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/usa/qwest-ceo-nsa-jail-604/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why would they remove something from the kernel?
Isn't that regression?

the absolute state of finnish people.
im gonna go on ylilauta and blast these snowcuck commies.

>>all this as 4.20 is getting near
hmmmmm

Attached: 435.jpg (480x491, 24K)

>hates 4/20
>literally Hitler's birthday
It's a version number...

Attached: 1524123774127.png (625x619, 803K)

Linus is ethnically and culturally swedish, he said in an interview that any finn that would hear him speak finnish would immediatly recognize that.

Which goes to confirm that he has indeed the cuck gene

FACT: Linux died when speck rose, the CoC is just putting the kernel's body in a grave. FAREWELL LINUX, SYMBOL OF THE FREE INTERNET.

I don't understand what OP is
>implying
can someone spell it out for me? (not joking)

>What are the chances that this entire thing is a subversive manuever for control over the kernel?
100%

Are you a brainlet, or just severely misinformed? OP is >implying the NSA ousted Linus in order to easily backdoor the kernel.

dude
DUDE
wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddd

I get it now. OP really thinks the NSA is using a kernel module for cryptography as a backdoor, and linus was forced out of something he owns and built from the ground up? Maybe he just realized that talking to people like they're jackasses discourages some people who may be really good.

>I get it now. OP really thinks the NSA is using a kernel module for cryptography as a backdoor, and linus was forced out of something he owns and built from the ground up?
It's happened before. During the PRISM blowout, Linus told in some TV interview how the NSA had ordered him to secretly backdoor Linux, and he told them it couldn't be done because it's FOSS. Since then, a bunch of NSA/CIA-related things (systemd, heartbleed, all the issues with RAND culminating in speck, etc) have happened to both the kernel and crucial packages.
Not to mention the close ties between Redhat and the NSA.

>Maybe he just realized that talking to people like they're jackasses discourages some people who may be really good.
Have you EVER read Linus? He's coarse specifically to discourage some people who may be nowhere good enough. Hell, google his C v C++ git rant. This is as uncharacteristic as it gets.

Wasn't Heartbleed ages ago? i don't even know the details of the things you mentioned, but i have seen the clip of him saying that. Why would they ask if they didn't have to?

I have read that c v c++ and yelling at people for bad code, etc. But sometimes you just gotta look at your life and go 'fuck maybei shouldn't be so much of an asshole" and maybe he did that. It's plausible. If Linux ever becomes not FOSS I don't know what i'd do with myself, maybe just only use up to version 4.x whenever it's cut off... He's such a god like maintainer and PROBABLY the only reason Linux is so well kept. WIthout him I don't know what will happen.

>Wasn't Heartbleed ages ago?
A couple years. But it came about from a commit from some dev linked to either the NSA or the CIA.

>Why would they ask [to backdoor] if they didn't have to?
They didn't ask. They ordered. They ordered everyone, that's the whole point of PRISM. They didn't know it couldn't be done secretly, so then they started abusing auditing vulnerabilities.

>If Linux ever becomes not FOSS I don't know what i'd do with myself
If it ever were to happen, which I used to think would be impossible, but now... anyway, if it ever were to happen, it would just get forked. That said, Linux (as distros) has already been heavily subverted. If you're using systemd, you already have a number of backdoors. Hell, if you're using the kernel vanilla, you already have a number of backdoors, but these are about to go up exponentially. I really hope Gentoo keeps on giving me satisfactory audits before merging, but in either case, the server landscape looks grim.

I use Gentoo also, some autist from WoW 15 years ago showed me how to navigate bash and I was hooked. ran it exclusively throughout uni, learned the system really damn well, and no I don't use systemd, why would anyone when openrc is so much simpler. why don't people like /etc/init.d/scripts ? what's so hard about that?

Anyways... I don't know about this PRISM thing. Have been getting back into tech news after a little mini vacation I'll look it up, and thank you.

>I don't use systemd, why would anyone when openrc is so much simpler
Because they use Redhat or Debian-based (which includes Ubuntu) distros, and both Redhat and Debian force you to use systemd. Redhat because they're the ones actually financing it (well, the NSA, but the checks are officially signed by Redhat), and Debian because Debian Women (of course) pushed for it.

But all the more security/reliability conscious distros stay away from it.

>Anyways... I don't know about this PRISM thing. Have been getting back into tech news after a little mini vacation I'll look it up, and thank you
What? You don't know about Snowden?

I do know about him. when it happened i was a little younger and didn't follow it too closely, but i know who he is and what he did etc.

Do the 'hardened' versions of the ubuntu style distros use systemd still? I can't imagine why anyone would want anything bloated like that running their servers, the oinly two distros I feel like I'm actually using linux are Slackware and Gentoo. the rest feel just weird. but i learned on command line, all those gui apps that obfuscate what's really going on.. i can't deal with them. I don't trust them.

>For those who don’t know, speck is a crypto built by the NSA.

For retards like OP, speck is an optional crypto module that has 0 use in the Linus kernel and is purely there because Google requested it so they can make use of it in Android phones that lack hardware support for AES.

Fuck off you paranoid retards from /x/.

>Stop acting like a jackass
>you dumbo retarded cunt bucket
If it glows in the dark, shift out of park
rt.com/usa/qwest-ceo-nsa-jail-604/

Google is absofukinglutely guaranteed to be behind this.

Press F to pay respect for the Linux kernel

F

F

officer pls

optional module, ho ho didn't even think of that. But do the infiltraded pozzed distros include it by default because they secretly have the NSA cock in their ass? HMMMmMmMMmMMMMMmmmMmMmmMMMmmmM

>he fell for the news hitpiece
>he thinks linux is abrasive and a "mean old shouty man who hurts my fee fees"

hey buddy, fyi i know someone who knows someone who knows people who've met linus one time. so shut up ;(

The CoC was good, Linus leaving was not

The CoC and Linus are mutually exclusive.
>he might come back and follow the CoC
That's not Linus, and the effects in the kernel will be felt.

Fair enough

The CoC itself isn't horrible, but the reason it's being added and the people behind it are absolutely horrendous.
This is very much a "if you give an inch they'll take a mile" kind of situation.