Linux is under attack

Linux is under attack.

Undesirable leaders and maintainers will be removed on trivialities, state and corporate approved bootlickers will be placed in these vacant positions.

This is the path to total surveillance of all computing devices.

Attached: they_glow_in_the_dark.jpg (555x1001, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918
fsf.org/about/financial
gng.z505.com/cult.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's too late now.

I thought this would happen when Linus died/officially retired. Never thought it would happen while he was still in control of the project.

>state and corporate approved bootlickers
The majority of kernel contributions already come from corporations.

>Undesirable leaders and maintainers will be removed on trivialities
And then they go work for another company that maintains a separate fork.

>This is the path to total surveillance of all computing devices.
The software is free as in freedom so if there is code you find objectionable, you can remove it.

dont about the other 20% that is non-government nor corporate that can surveillance your activity for whatever reason. It's not that hard really. People already publish all of their private information on social media and clouds all around the world. If you know your info is safe, than you shouldn't worry. Play it safe and smart and you'll be fine.

We still have some leadership, remember they tried to bring down Stallman and failed.

Linux Libre is the solution.

Attached: linux-libre.png (150x147, 5K)

>maintains a separate fork.
without linus there to reject xhirs kode, more and more patches wont be rewritten, as they will be getting accepted as is into upstream.

also if he is being blackmailed he wont lead a fork, and besides corps who dont have only other non-enduser as customers wont be interested in backing him up for PR risks

This.
Seriously you all are overreacting.
GNU's Linux-libre fork doesn't have the dirty SJW CoC if that makes you feel any better.

>without linus there to reject xhirs kode, more and more patches wont be rewritten, as they will be getting accepted as is into upstream.
Then don't accept those patches into your fork? You do realize that there are 1000s of separate kernel trees out in the wild? Do you think every one of those 1 billion Android phones are running mainline?

>if he is being blackmailed
Please stop reading Jow Forums, it is making you stupid.

The CoC is literally a good thing

CoC sucker

It's okay, it has been forked.
If the quality if the maintanence suffers distros can move to a fork that is not shit.
It basically doesn't matter.

Good if you're a flaming faggot who enjoys ruining anything worthwhile.

Eric S Raymond called it

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
>“They have made multiple runs at him.” Just let the implications of that sink in for a bit. If my source is to be believed (and I have found him both well-informed and completely trustworthy in the past) this was not a series of misunderstandings, it was a deliberately planned and persistent campaign to frame Linus and feed him to an outrage mob.

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918
> The SJWs want to make me care; they want to make all of us obsess about this, to the point of having quotas and struggle sessions and what amounts to political officers threatening us if we are insufficiently “diverse”.
>In the future, the hacker whose community standing the SJWs threaten could be you. The SJWs talk ‘diversity’ but like all totalitarians they measure success only by total ideological surrender – repeating their duckspeak, denouncing others for insufficent political correctness, loving Big Brother

i've been flaming Jow Forums for awhile now for having stallman as the posterchild instead of ESR. you fucking cucks are only now finding this out who our real autist is

nice try but esr is an "open source" cuck who does not believe in free software

stallman and the FSF are a cult and you are just another sheep not worth arguing with

news flash: open source is a also cult, and a bad one because it's a blatant ripoff of free software

one is a for-profit organization, care to guess which? oh right the FSF

:^)

literally wrong
fsf.org/about/financial

gng.z505.com/cult.htm

Attached: sflc-2007-compensation2.png (811x512, 69K)

>lawyers should work for free
>a charity should not spend its donated funds on anything and should just let it sit around
this is all i'm getting from that angry rant

>posts 2007, when there was active litigation representing busybox
columns 2 (management and general) and 3 (fundraising) refer to compensation for incurred costs that those individuals paid out of pocket during activities such as litigation, or fundraising.
Column 1 is their actual "billable hours" and hence their "salary"
Column 1 is not out of the ordinary for the price of good lawyers. I assume you want good jewish lawyers to defend your software license, yes? Not cheap nigger lawyers, yes? That's what you'd get with $50k.
While it is true that many nonprofits abuse management & general and fundraising expenses, that is likely not the case here, especially since there was ACTIVE LITIGATION INVOLVING BUSYBOX.
Fucking retards I swear. Cherrypicking nonsense.

make your own redpilled distro with linux from scratch

>The CoC is literally a good thing
CoC cuck

>FORK11!!!!!

problem solved, sjws mass suicide NOW

This is actually the same faggot trying to argue with himself to try and create a division point so we get nothing wrong.

>Seriously you all are overreacting.
>GNU's Linux-libre fork doesn't have the dirty SJW CoC if that makes you feel any better.
if you work for the fork using your real name you'll be blacklisted from public life or ever working again for a company

i don't think it will work just with anonymous contributions

>fork Linux
>audit and apply security patches
Done.

sometimes it's really hard not to get one of the gun and end it
the linux takeover is one of those times

Attached: 2015_03_14_03_04_11005162_827657217326137_1012965130_n.jpg (640x640, 79K)

>have article published about you being a Nazi developer on The New Yorker
>get fired
>never work again

Honestly, if I was going to go that far, the SJWs would be coming with me.
They're messing with a lot of people's jobs and hobbies, and I honestly hope one of us snaps and makes an example of them.

Don't tell that anyone. Keep Linux fork locally on your computer. Duh.

>US
>Canada
>Britain
>Britain #2
>Britain #3

i guess that's the spirit of free software now, one guy in his room writing code and being unable to say anything in public. that'll work great

That's really the spirit of political correctness and SJWs. Take away free speech under the threat of a destroyed reputation.
"Sure, you can say whatever you want legally. You just won't be able to get a job or go out in public without everyone hating you when we're done."

No need to code, just audit and apply important patches.

doing that by yourself will be very efficient, i'm sure

>not be amerishit
problem solved

Can I get a quick rundown on Linux libre and why it’s the solution pl0x

>stop reading Jow Forums
Why don’t you fuck off you turbo autist
Jow Forums is always right

Kernel was tainted long ago by binary blobs.
Proprietary companies have been violating the GPL ever since and Linus does nothing. He even goes and says that he doesn't mind proprietary software in the kernel.
CoC is a false flag to distract from the bullshit Intel has been pulling for the last year in order to cover up their colossal security problems.

I can see Europe isn't just becoming a useless pile of police states. Nope, not at all.

Stallman is part of the activists. He's jewish and also a commie.
He didn't defend Torvalds in this one; and will never do.

Stallman is a fraud and a piece of shit kike.

Read the fucking email. Nothing is happening.

Go back to your containment board, Jow Forumstard.

As somebody who has never been to Jow Forums, I feel completely fine with this being here. Why do you have a stick up your ass about it? Linux is tech related, and events related to it work by proxy.

Gentoo users are very efficient with their time.

Jow Forums was always wrong, until trump was elected. They are still always wrong, except they are now arrogant about it.

what about Arch?

same people who wrote the CoC will be the ones that will enforce it, this is not a developer decision and developers won't be the ones in charge of the direction of the project

if you have any forbidden opinions even outside of the project you are fucked

This couldn't be just another Jow Forums thread in disguise like the hundreds before, could it? Oh, wait:

Attached: 23.png (552x110, 5K)

No, you're the fraud. Linus is stepping down because right wing cucks like yourself are the only people speaking in his defense.

>everything i don't like is Jow Forums
>don't grow up nerds! just keep ignoring problems, your corporate overlords will teach you how to manage your projects

What about it? Unironically, arch doesn't waste your time.