What's more respected: a CS or a SE degree, Jow Forums?

What's more respected: a CS or a SE degree, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1537149273128.png (1616x1220, 379K)

CS, but SE is arguably more useful for employment so long as you still get a good course or two in data structures and algorithms

Depends on the school.

At some schools, I think SE is considered more difficult than CS.

Fuck you.

Spite bump.

CS ->More Math, Less Hands-on Practical Skills
SE ->Less Math, More Hands-on Practical Skills

IT --> Business with basic SE
CE --> Electrical Engineering with basic SE

SE is basically a bachelor of arts in CS

Majoring in software engineering instead of compsci is like majoring in drawing buildings instead of architecture. It's compsci but for women and niggers.

Computer Science (Bachelors)
More Math, Less Hands-on Practical Skills

Software Engineering (Bachelors)
Less Math, More Hands-on Practical Skills

Information Technology (Associates):
Business with basic Software Engineering

Computer Hardware Engineering (Bachelors):
Electrical Engineering with basic Software Engineering

Data Science:
Statistics or Math combined with Computer Science

In the USA, a SE degree really isn't a thing. The places that actually do offer it are very recent offerings. CS degrees were revamped about 2 decades ago to be more similar to programming then pure theory.

My course is called CS, but by your description it's much closer to SE.

Daily reminder that the difference between CS, CE and SE depends on what college you attend.

That's wrong for some schools though, like said. Software Engineering at my school was actually an accredited CS degree with a bunch of EE and SE courses added on. It seemed objectively more difficult than CS and I majored in CS.

In that case, I guess it's fine. I just tend to think that a lot of shitty schools use it to seem unique because they can't compete with good compsci programs.

Neither. Do a computer science, applied math dual major.

Lmao fuck that. CS should have all the math you need unless your doing a math route

Idk man I did CS with a math minor and more math is almost always useful in a software career.

What else do you need though? Honestly I feel like really knowing your CS is worth way more than trying to juggle math. I've yet to see anything past diffeq unless you're doing something math specific.

Did yall really have these different options?
>cs
>cecs
>cs games

All we had. And a pretty decent school.

So far I have completed a Certificate of Proficiency in Web development (HTML,CSS,Javascript,PHP) and will be finishing an Associates in Computer Science Information Tech in the spring (C#, more javascript, SQL, more php etc). I am trying to become a web developer or maybe a software engineer.

Should I bother looking into normal computer science classes? My main focus right now is trying to learn more languages like Python or get more experience with C#. All I have on my portfolio so far is a an example of a website I retro-fitted to have responsive web design and a word press blog. I can not think of anything to build in C# or how to showcase my SQL skills.

Well, going to a technical school in my country includes a ton of business and management training as well, so employment is close to 100% for cs students. The differences mainly come in starting salary, I'm currently doing about 4k per month which is a good starting here

Ahhh oki. I'm also new grad so haven't see too many years of this, but I'm at a pretty good company and have yet to do any math. Like I really want to before I fucking forget it all hahah

Just start looking for entry level web development jobs right now, while building another app or two to showcase your knowledge in __________.