Winblows user here, I got prompted to switch my fingerprint unlock back on...

Winblows user here, I got prompted to switch my fingerprint unlock back on, and I noticed how it's pushed as more secure. Surely a string of letters + numbers + symbols stored in my mind is more secure than the surface of my finger, correct? Or am I thinking to much into this and it's all, just a coincidence...

Attached: interesting.png (1920x1080, 51K)

Of course they are pushing it, a fingerprint is another piece of sensitive personally identifying info, they'd be more than glad to have it.

If you remove it, is it really gone?

they save the fp locally so there is no issue here. Also if you save password on google chrome, it asks for your windows login id to reveal the password. It is pretty neat!

install gentoo

Don't know about safe but that thing is unreliable as fuck. Sometimes I had to swipe 4-5 times before it recognized my prints.

Damn must suck to have fat fingers

That should not be an issue

your fingerprint is a more important data for glows-in-darks than a random windows password.

Remember, police can force your finger on to the screen but can`t read your mind for the password.

>can`t read your mind for the password.
That's what they want you to believe

Begone /x/ user.

I highly doubt it.

No, you leave your fingerprints everywhere. Anyone who has your machine also likely has access to your fingerprints. It's useful for a slightly more secure username though, if that's an option (it probly won't be)

I'm pretty sure even if you got them removed that some body would be able to extrapolate the structure from your DNA

>they save the fp locally so there is no problem
lol
a sucker born every minute

No but they can arrest you without trial or representation under the NDAA and beat you with a pipe until you type in your password.

I don't know about MS but biometric system detect not only the fingerprint but if it's a real finger with all kind of test.
So recreating fingerprint with a photo or what doesn't bring you any shit.

T. Brainlet

so put your real finger on the photo

>what is the fourth ammendment

yeah maybe a 10k$ reader, every other reader is able to be fooled with a print swiped by piece of fucking tape.

>He hasn't read the NDAA
>He hasn't read the Patriot Act

It's cute that you think you actually have rights. The government has the legislated ability to toss your rights out the window if you are suspected of "domestic terrorism" which is whatever the fuck they want it to be.

Reconstructing and breaking fingerprint-scanning is easy. It's already been proved with Angela Merkels fingers, actually. A guy just took some really high resolution pictures and created a replica from that, ergo the security of her fingerprint was no longer there.

For now, we can't read minds; and as such it goes to follow that in the mind is where it's safest to keep passwords.

Bad goy, of course the fingerprint is more secure - look there's a little padlock that means it's 100% safe. What 5th amendment rights? If you've got nothing to hide, there's nothing to worry about.

Attached: 1484280568336.jpg (320x320, 19K)

Maybe with KN in the white house but we have conservatives in power. That shit doesn't fly

>Implying tin foil hats won't be the norm in a decade or two

>Muh red team

lmao you are fucking retarded, have you even read these laws that were passed?

They are mining you. They already push for face recognition unlock and pay confirmation in some cases. Iris identification will be there when cameras will be strong enough to get a hi def picture of your eye. Next they will have some sort of quick touch DNA unlock - ultimate form of protection. At that point they will have the entirety of you.

Attached: 1500004751165.png (298x260, 62K)

t. data miner

What? Shit's already installed in place in uyghur region of china. Sure yohgurts are fucking trash muslims, but still, they have cameras and face recognition on every corner, actual government spyware mandatory on their phones, social score, dna collected during free medical examinations, control points on every intersection where they scan faces, eyes and fingerprints, social score and reeducation camps.
Go more then 300 meters from "safe zones" that are your home and workplace - social score dinged, police asks you questions. Stand near an undesireable waiting for green light - police are there to question you, social score probably dinged, can't go to the mall anymore beacuse of that. Walked home by the shorted route that goes through the street where wrongthinkers live? To the reeducation camp with ya. March all day, watch propaganda films and sing about how you love your chinese overlords.
Btw they try to export it all over the world.

>extrapolate the structure from your DNA
Fingerprints are not tied to DNA you fucking imbecile.

Or where these laws mostly come from, the political cognitive dissonance handled by Americans is shocking sometimes.

Unlike all these nut cases a legitimate reason not to use a fingerprint is that it's like a password that cannot be changed. So it's better to use a strong password not biometrics

a fingerprint is a username, not a password

the average windows user is too stupid to create a password stronger than their fingerprint.
ms is doing this to stop the normies from crying about how they got hacked from their "crappy windows computer" when their login password is qwerty