Dopest tools

Saw a thread yesterday about the most useful tools you've found over the years on Windows. Someone mentioned Everything, image related, and my mind is blown, so incredibly useful. Anyone else use super helpful tools?

Attached: 6864__Everything_1_7_4_16.png (600x549, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
mtg.sk/rva/
nirsoft.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This looks great. My windows installation is FUCKED, it's a mess, maybe this will be useful to clean it up.

It's insanely fast when coming from explorer, used to have to sift through huge server at work and take hours to load everything, this is like instantaneous, feel like such a boner for only finding it now

C'mon y'all I know you got the goodies.

Auto hot keys is good, I used to use daemon tools for virtual drives

Konboot 2in1
Boot into it and it blanks passwords on Windows and Mac.
Have fun.

Attached: About 7-Zip.png (287x329, 25K)

docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

What the. Is this real?

Nice why is this not built in?

Photoshop.

PatchMyPC, SpaceSniffer

>Autoruns (remove software form starting at boot)
>Beyond Compare
>ClipX (isn't longer maintained but still rocks, it has a shortcut to search on google: select text > Ctrl+C > Ctrl+Shift+G > *boom* > you're on google. I'm still searching something like this for linux)
>ConEmu
>Divvy
>EasyBCD (manage multi boot configs)
>Everything
>F.lux
>Flash Fullscreen Patcher 3.0 (no as useful as it used to be a few years ago)
>Hex-Rays IDA Pro
>IrfanView
>KDE Mover-Sizer (hold Alt key and drag the mouse: left click to move a window and right click to resize a window)
>mp3tag
>MobaXterm (remote pc management)
>mRemoteNG (remote pc management)
>Nero 12.0.02000 Lite
>Offline Windows Password / Offline NT Password
>qbittorrent
>RDPWrap 1.6.2 (multiple RDP sessions to a PC, you can have 3 user accounts and connect to User2 on the left monitor and User2 on the right monitor, at the same time)
>Renamer (den4b.com - this guy has more tools)
>ShareMouse (software KVM which works out of the box, with no configuration, Win and OSX only, Linux still requires Synergy)
>SumatraPDF
>winamp5666_full_en-us_redux
>WinDirStat (can find who uses your storage)
>WSUS Offline Update (download Windows Updates and reuse them)

Attached: images[1].jpg (330x153, 13K)

Far Manager.

WindDirStat
Total Commander

Poojets would rather include CandyCrashSoda, Asphalt8demo and SolitaireTrial

>daemon tools for virtual drives
Don't
Wincdemu

WizTree

If you've ever used WinDirStat it's basically this but its lightning fast. Its fucking wild how fast it is compared to WinDirStat

You know for the longest time I alway thought Jow Forums should have software/script rec threads but I guess Jow Forums has enough generals already

Attached: 1513203018449.jpg (720x960, 76K)

SlickRun
Winamp

PortUp - portable substitute for Windows Update on Windows 2000 - 10. It saves the update files in a repository, so you can download them once and patch multiple machines.

FastStone > IrfanView

Whoa. Nice!

how fast does is open?
I need no browsing, editing or processing.
I need only to doubleClick, open and close

I found it to be much much faster for yuge images, may not be the same for you, I guess IO matters in this case and I only have a HDD

Regshot - for monitoring changes in the registry. You take one snapshot, then another, and it compares the two.

Produkey - for finding the product keys for Windows and installed software

ImDisk - for mounting hard drive, optical drive and floppy images. I use this mostly for accessing VM HDD images.

VB Audio Voicemeeter Banana
Suricata
Yara
Electric Sheep
Virtualbox
Gnu Social

LISTENING TO LLAMAS

LITERALLY installgentoo

>>RDPWrap 1.6.2 (multiple RDP sessions to a PC, you can have 3 user accounts and connect to User2 on the left monitor and User2 on the right monitor, at the same time)
I was hoping I'd be able to add RDP to Windows 2000, but looks like it doesn't run on anything below Vista. Oh well.

Holy shit, this is wicked.

agent ransack is better

VLC can play YouTube videos if you go File > Open Network Stream and paste in the URL

Advantages?

You mean Cathy is better:
mtg.sk/rva/

Hiren's BootCD has alot of useful stuff on it.
It's a bit older now, but you should still give it a look.

LevelZap
>moves all files in a selected folder up a level and then deletes the old folder

Say you have .../shit/bullshit/ you can go in the shit folder and use it to move all the files from /bullshit/ to /shit/ then delete /bullshit/

That sounds stupid

now this is neato

jpegview > irvanview

Does it have to be pre-installed?
If not I use Far Manager 3

Is there any DLL decompiler that works decently with 64bit dlls?

Wizmouse.

so Ctrl + X, Ctrl + V, Del.

sounds fucking stupid

IL DLLs or native?

touchcursor
strokeit
filejuggler
notezilla
faststone capture
faststone resizer
bulk rename utility
auto hot key
sharp keys
f.lux
git bash
con emu
copyq
hot virtual keyboard
wox|hain|launchy|listary

Attached: b74[1].jpg (400x399, 29K)

Most useful thing I have ever found is still : WinDirStat which creates a clickable map of your logical HD data allowing you to figure out where unneeded files are centered
Pulover’s Macro Creator and AutoHotKey for best automation,
7-zip and VLC

comfy

Attached: editplus.gif (819x742, 101K)

>tfw windirstat doesn't get any love

Attached: cc1.jpg (619x453, 26K)

pictus>nomacs>everything else

tagscanner>mp3tag
foobar2000 by Audiophile 1.4>anything

honeyview > everything else

It's usually always a good idea to have windows on an ssd, and data on a hard drive. That way you can just reinstall Windows if you ever truly fuck shit up without hassle.

www.scoop.sh

I use it to install most FOSS tools.

Attached: example_apps.png (595x400, 25K)

chocolatey, my friend.

PeaZip is superior

hash tab
dbpoweramp

>DupDetector
Helps me clean up my picture folders
>TreeSize Free
Gives me an easy list view of directories and their sizes either by file size or file count. Basically so I can see at a glance what's taking up my space and where.
>DeskPins
A little program to pin any window so it stays on top.
>Audio Router
Because Waterfox sends the audio to the default audio out instead of my speakers which is connected thru a USB dac.
>VirtualDub
For all my webm editing needs when I need to crop/cut specific frames in multiple places.
>Bandicam (hacked)
For my screenshotting needs.
>MP3Gain
An oldie for my MP3s. Let's me adjust the regain so my music has uniform sound.
>CopyHandler
Replaces Windows shitty file mover.
>PixivUtil
For when I want to batch download pixiv images
>Grabber
For when I want to batch download booru images.
>ObjectDock
Used because they took out the ability to create custom toolbars for folders after XP

And the final and most used program is Easy Launcher. Essentially a floating toolbar with shortcuts to my most used programs. A program similar to a proprietary program from my old Sony Vaio that I also used a lot. Set the program to a macro key, launch program I need and it auto-minimizes itself away. I love it.

>mentioned a bunch of times already
dumb frogposter

for me, it's:
anything from nirsoft nirsoft.net/
HashCheck to generate checksums
FileMenu Tools to enhance Explorer
Link Shell Extension for creating symlinks

Attached: filemenu.png (512x741, 36K)

Thanks. I love it.

this is better

>CopyHandler

How does this compare to TeraCopy? (assuming TeraCopy is gotten for free and not paid for)

ShareX is pretty good for uploading all sorts of files quickly.

Garbage that requires UAC by default.

I only install things at the user level, because it keeps me from having to run foreign code as administrator.

wnetwatcher
ninite

>foobar2000 by Audiophile 1.4
Didn't know this was a thing. It looks interesting. Going to download it and see how it is.

Never used TeraCopy so I couldn't tell you. I did have to find an alternative since sometimes CopyHandler gets this bug where it uses up 25% of the CPU when it's not copying anything or it happens after it finishes copying. Right now the alternative is FastCopy.

someone else recommended WizTree. it's supposed to be faster.

do you also use ninite?

I never thought of this. I'm gonna do this now

Resource Hacker - I had a program that put a really ugly icon in my system tray, so I used this to replace the icon in the EXE file. It probably does other stuff too.

Create your own goddamn tools you fucking brainlets

Attached: visual-studio-2017.jpg (900x516, 85K)

Why reinvent the wheel when the wheel is already there

>let's reinvent the wheel!
neet detected. some of us don't have as much free time as you friend

podting: sdcrteenshot tool

Attached: Screenshot (231).png (5120x1451, 696K)

why would I spend my making time making things that i can just download? id rather work on my projects that I find interesting to make

IL

No, but I recommend that for people just wanting to get basic stuff. Relatively harmless considered it's procured only by the ninite team.

It's sad that software like this had to be made just because of developers incompetence.
That's one of the things I like about npp, you can scroll other windows even when npp is the one on focus, and don't need to bloat your system with gimmicky third party tricks.
If only the other retards would learn from that.

Wox (alternatively Launchy or Find and Run Robot)
simplewall
ect
flicflac
mcomix
WinCDEmu
QTTabBar
SumatraPDF
Icaros (you can set it to make thumbnails for archives too)
LosslessCut

Attached: 1372113662796.png (900x890, 253K)

dnSpy

You have been shilling this shit since 2014. I really hope you're not doing it for free.

Attached: 1523674124879.png (1372x1676, 633K)

I use spacesniffer, it's pretty neat.

>nomacs
Does it come with a full-blown image editor?

Attached: 18.09.22-11.49_sel_maim.png (291x96, 9K)

>by default
Are you such a brainlet that cannot change defaults?
Or a boomer that prefers installing stuff by downloading exe/msi files?

WizTree is nice. It's pretty fast.

But unless I can get rid of that donation thing I'm going to have to use something else. It's annoying as fuck. I know I could just donate but fuck that

I just uninstalled it. jesus christ

Fuck off, Wangblows shill.

Nothing wrong with Ninite

What's wrong with ninite?

Everything is great for lazy and mindless programmers. Especially with windows ecosystem. I use it constantly at work.
But it's really a bad habbit/practice, if you can't find something with simple search, your system is in terrible shape. Not to mention some service constantly scanning your files.
>Dopest tools
Comfy pic related

Forgot pic

Attached: g1IDeaxy4Q85rJT9-s-.png (500x355, 46K)

briss
for cutting useless space on PDFs

Launchy

that is sad, I feel bad for OP, actually.

xnview>honeyview

yes it really has

Is there a tool similar to Gyazo or LightShot, but instead of images it lets you create webms?

Attached: ShareX_Logo.png (256x256, 25K)

This is pretty much perfect, thanks.

>Everything
You people are retards. You can do the same shit with Windows and search everything in your start menu. You just have to add drives/folders to the index.

Attached: rundll32_2018-09-22_16-06-13.png (491x541, 19K)