LARPing as a black-hat hacker

I like to LARP as a black-hat hacker, even though I've never done much beyond just spoofing my MAC address and cracking trialware. (Yeah, I'm humblebragging, sue me.) Everyone who knows me IRL thinks I'm a badass cyber-criminal, and they are in awe when they see me typing away at the command line. There is no shame in LARPing. My life is awesome.

ITT: Post stories about cyberpunk LARPing.

Attached: cmatrix.png (2560x1600, 625K)

Wear black hoodies, use Arch with i3/sway and listen to Aphex Twin. Works for me. Except, I use Gentoo, because I'm a real hacker instead of a LARPer like yourself.

My mother used to think that I was throttling internet connection for her and my sister because in her opinion I known "the stuff"
I was just playing a lot of games and know how to use computer properly
just that

Attached: 1496726192375.jpg (575x548, 49K)

and let me guess, she told you to study computer science because of your gaming/ability to google problems, and you listened?

I've used local denial-of-service attacks to do exactly that.

When I lived with my parents we had a slow-as-fuck network, which was made slower because people were always streaming video. Whenever I wanted to use the Internet, I'd just run a small script I wrote that would run ping 50-100 times in the background, thus overloading the WAP and forcing all other hosts offline.

To this day, they have no idea it was me.

God damn it Taylor, You're grounded!

you've done more than Jow Forumsfaggots larping as Jow Forums

>tfw Jow Forums

Attached: neofetch-2018-09-21-03-58-41-13235.png (1600x900, 121K)

What's wrong with faggots, my left-wing friend? Go on, tell me.

>spoofing my MAC address

Ayyy, that's the current peak of my hax0r antics as well

Attached: 4ef4307619e113.jpg (352x329, 45K)

being real hacker, do you still wear black hoodie?
do you have emotional problems?
use any drugs?
talk with yourself?
have you infiltrated big corp and fucked your drug dealer?

I'm curious.

>do you still wear black hoodie?
yes
>do you have emotional problems?
yes
>use any drugs?
yes
>talk with yourself?
no, I had a small phase though
>have you infiltrated big corp and fucked your drug dealer?
that would require going outside

your life sounds comfy
I want to be miserable hacker
now I'm just miserable

It'd be better if I were a NEET, as it stands right now I have to deal with my uni course which isn't even compsci. It keeps me relentlessly in the real world. Will be nothing compared to having to get a job after though, which I'm dreading. Think suicide might be on the table by then.

I can crack most software that has no real protection or uses cheap tricks, but if they are semi competent I have no chance.

>spoofing mac address
Is that even possible still?

GNU have a tool.

LARPing as a blackhat is the same as being a scriptkiddie.

From what I understand is that most wifi now are limited to only the burned hardware mac and won't let software change it.

nah, suicide is waste. Thought about that for long time, came up to conclusion that it's more meaningless than life.
unless you believe in afterlife

Attached: aschopenhauer.jpg (500x642, 83K)

I did it fine recently on a thinkpad carbon x1 which is pretty modern. That'd have to be a very recent change.

My father once asked me if I was doing "Illegal things" because he kept seeing me playing around with terminals, it was years ago (he isn't tech savvy at all).

You'd be surprised how many modern networks don't do any kind of MAC filtering.

that pic isnt supposed to have riman characters, its supposed to have jap chars you fake hacker

Hell, I did it on a Macbook ffs.

I'll have to see where I heard it at. It was within the past couple of years though.

That's cmatrix, dipshit.

This quote made me find value in my own job and existence.
>Civilization is based on self-sacrifice. On the Willingness of men to go out and die for what they believe in. When you get rid of that self sacrifice you get anarchy. Civilization is built because I am willing to give up something for my family, and the family is willing to give up something in order for the town to succeed, and the town is willing to give up something so the state can be in business, and the state is willing to give up something so the nation can succeed. Self-sacrifice is the first principle of civilization.

At a point I was willing to sacrifice my existence for myself, now I'm willing to sacrifice it for everyone else, so that the next generation might not have to. Like those before us did.
Think of how much you can get done in an hour, think of how much you can get done in a lifetime. I'll die anyway, there's no sense in squandering/discarding that much potential effort.

If I were to live my life by this principle I feel I'd be even more inclined to kill myself. I have no reason to live bar my own self satisfaction, I see no reason to waste my life in a vague sense of sacrifice to others.

It's nice when you find that purpose. Work itself isn't bad, but working a dead end job where you don't achieve or change anything, that is what really makes people depressed.

Thats actually a great life skill.
I larped my way thru life and everyone thinks im an expert in electronics, semiconductors, programming and such shit.
I basically use only fancy /sci/ terminology when talking about technical stuff, avoid buzzwords and behave like /sci/ phd snob.
I got every job so far because a shitload of people think im an expert in everyhing but i never actually did any big project.
Now i have a decent job and people respect me because of false stigma.

All of that is because i worked (actually just fucked around) with top tier "famous" people in few branches and my CV is loaded with fancy shit that is essentially meaningless.
After a lot of years of projecting this false stigma i realized that every university professor does the same shit just with a bit more knowledge and on higher tier of larping.
Its like hanging out with Elon and talking in a fancy manner, everyone will just assume that you're the god and won't even question it.

Im actually smart and have a degree in what i do but without larping as expert i would be just a basic autist that is smart but everyone thinks hes just average.

Its fucking great, i love it.
Although it probably doesn't work in environment where you actually have to give peak performance in what you do.

Isn't computer science just normies googling problems anyway?

>I have no reason to live bar my own self satisfaction, I see no reason to waste my life in a vague sense of sacrifice to others.
This is why it is a sacrifice. I could kill myself right now and be without pain, but that's a waste. I would rather hold on to the idea that someday, if we sacrifice enough together, that we'll reach a utopia.
>A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Somebody has to do this, and I already made the decision that my life is worthless on its own, even if I could live without a job, it would be just as worthless. I am now inserting value, for someone, but not myself.

Even in my existence, this could potentially have a large enough effect that it influences me indirectly.

I think you're right. I myself have strived to get into a career where I know it effects a lot of people. I give my time for them.

have you read pic related?
it pretty much teaches to larp
not directly, but it does

Attached: htwfaip.jpg (1597x2440, 906K)

The first edition is the only good edition, normies edited the other versions after the man himself died

I'm currently reading it. And my first thoughts are that it's first social engineering book.
pretty nice

I have not read that book but my understanding is that it basically just teaches manipulation.
I can make people like me, by faking my personality.
I want people to like me, without faking my personality.
The latter is never the case and it makes me want to die.
The former makes me want to die inherently because dishonesty and lack of sincerity makes me physically uncomfortable.

I agree. The sad thing is, that by today's standard the book was pretty tame and "bluepilled".

You should consider having integrity as Warren Buffet often says.

The book tells you how to genuinely become close to other people, personally I don't think I'd get as far lying.

Most people can see through bullshit even if you're smarter than them. If they didn't it would only work for so long and on a limited amount of people. It's not sustainable.

No, that's being a technician that you're thinking of. Computer science is a branch of applied mathematics that provides formal models for how to construct algorithms and build infrastructures. It's also way beyond the abilities of your average Python-coding technology hipster.

I hate you. It is not difficult to actually learn the things that will make you a "hacker". Look up any of the millions of tutorials for Kali made by Pajeets. Get started on a project, become interested in learning. Don't be a fucking LARPer. There is nothing more pathetic than someone without skills pretending that they're talented and being SATISFIED with that kind of lifestyle.

I am in fact working on genuinely improving my computer skills, and have been for the past decade. I just also like it when people think I'm a high-profile cyber-criminal, but I'm not doing any high-profile cracking because I don't want an FBI swat team showing up at my door.

FBI swat team would add 100 badass points to your larp profile.
do it
just send some cp to FBI via email

>formal models
>construct algorithms
>build infrastructure
Lmao

Absolutely no. You don't let anyone know that you even know how to turn on a computer or else you will become 24/7 tech support.

Well, the problem with that is when the FBI swats you for hacking, they take away all your computer equipment, and when this happens, good luck getting it back, because there's no rule that says they have to return your shit, even if they found no evidence or contraband on it.

>t. compsci major

Manipulation is not necessarily a "negative" skill.
Its essentially a backdoor to living a good life.

It all starts with faking, learning in the beggining is just faking untill you actually acquire knowledge.
If you fake being skilled and expert in something, eventually you will become one day.

I'm of the mind that this only applies to practical skills.
For instance, I have worked in people-oriented jobs for over 10 years at multiple companies. I think I have a mastery of manipulating people at multiple levels from multiple backgrounds. But that doesn't help me in my personal life. I have unlimited money, and every possession I want, but in my personal time, my choices are these
>spend even more time "on" with other people
>spend time "off" alone because nobody likes the sincere me

For this, the problem is me, and no amount of faking it has made any impact. I'm still unlikable in reality and it invalidates everything else I have accomplished. I want to be genuine with someone else who is genuine, I don't want to manipulate people all the time or be manipulated myself.
Is such a thing possible? Sure. But I haven't encountered it yet. It's highly demotivating, but genuinely how I feel. And you can tell from that, why nobody would want to speak with me if I wasn't suppressing and tuning my personality specifically for other people.
I hate how fake everyone is, myself included.
It's taking a toll on me, but I bear with it. Literally for no reason, I just persist.

Oh i was just talking about work related relationships and such stuff.

In private life... just be a laid back dude, give less of a fuck about stuff, dont get frustrated about autistic shit.
If you focus around ((being genuine)) you'll just end up in a loop of creating perfect self which always ends up being cringy autist and walking meme.
In private relationships self and being genuine are meaningless on their own, you should totally forget about that stuff. Doing things with people is the key,
and you have to do that without ever thinking about it. You know... like just hanging out with people and talking casually about any fucking subject, or going out to eat something,
or doing whatever the fuck you want to. And then the way you handle that stuff becomes the private you and creates your genuinity.
Also don't ever try to be fun for sake of being fun, everything you do in your private life should come on its own.
You should never actively think and adjust your behavior to the other party, also you shouldn't force your comfort above all.
And everthing good in life comes randomly, so just relax and let relationships with people create them selves.
Never read any form of guides on these subjects, learning is destructive here, you should just empty your mind and be relaxed.

Also most of the people are fake on the outside but have their self just under that fake blanket, its a form of protection.
I've met a lot of people for which i thought that are fake as fuck and tryhards but after all when you get close to them they reveal their real human side.

Shit above is my viewpoint on private life. Its by no means applicable in case of chasing chics for sake of easy pussy. That is based on pure manipulation.
Also if you're ugly as hell thats a great downside to everything in life. If you are at least try to groom and dress well but avoid /fa/ and reddit.

that's some retarded-ass rambling disgised as advice

I feel like I have come to a similar conclusion, however, I am filled with fear in that change. To me, it looks like what I imagine insanity is. It feels like I'm saying "just dilute yourself all the time". Like a mental death. I don't know if I can will that into happening.
My bias is that I have done it many times before and had nothing but negative interactions as a result. In one way or another.

I am at the stage of "why try anymore". And don't know how to leave from (t)here.

do you like yourself?

Not all the time. Not the majority of the time. If I sit and consider really hard, I can appreciate myself for a moment, but even with active practice, I have never been able to sustain it. Everyone goes away eventually. And I don't like the cycle of it. I want things to be more stable. It's too much for me. I guess I am just weak willed.

If you like yourself then other people will like you for who you are instead of the fake you

black hat hackers are just a media myth. they don't actually exist

Attached: 1390024772827.gif (500x180, 497K)

Are the legendary hacker Jow Forums?

FREE KEVIN

>He can whistle us into Armageddon!

>macchanger -a
i iz hax0r now

Attached: CoolAde.png (500x575, 216K)

What programs other than cmatrix, htop and ranger can I use for LARPing?

real haxx0r use windows or macos, using linux = how to get caught 101.

caca

strace, ps, nmap, dtrace, ltrace, netstat, ifconfig

Don't forget about watch. Good way to keep a watch on things.
watch -n 1 lsof -nPi

You could use systemd to automate this for you.
[Match]
MACAddress="MAC Address of the NIC"

[Link]
MACAddressPolicy=random
NamePolicy=kernel database onboard slot path

>fake hackers using systemd
nice try mr redhat

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Lol, chill out, faggot. I'm not a "hacker," but I'm certainly not a skid. I know this a LARPer thread, but stop it.

t. nasa

Nope, not even close. I'd would never work as a government employee.