web.archive.org/web/20170325000321/http://www.templeos.org/Wb/Doc/HolyC.html
youtu.be/mBgIBF9Y6PE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Javascript, its an electron app user

HolyC, it's pretty much turbo C

for a friend? Holy C.

Holy C.

HolyC. A custom superset of C.

This language acts as the interface for the entire operating system. It basically acts like bash, and it's interpreted (neigh instantly). The entire operating system runs in ring 0 so programs can re-write themselves.

This whole thing is a goddamn trip

Chaotic evil

HolyC user

oh ok
tnx

Terry wrote his own fucking compiler, you fucking newfig. TempleOS is HolyC and HolyC is Temple OS.

so when you use TempleOS, are you just coding directly into the compiler?
Since it's a superset, what are some examples of things that HolyC has built in that C does not?

its funny how made bad things about the OS sound like good things

gentoo

the funniest thing is that bad things and good ones are defined by the use of the s/w.
e.g. most embedded s/w runs on "ring 0"... it runs on bare metal without even any tlb.

haven't been on the internet in 3 months. Someone told me Terry is assumed dead now. Is this true?

not assumed, he is dead

its being shilled by mods/janis on this board

>so when you use TempleOS, are you just coding directly into the compiler?
Yes, a command line command and a HolyC function call are literally the same thing.

>inline 2d graphics
>inline 3d graphics
>arbitrary meta code execution and code generation with #exe
>not having to type () if there are no arguments
>default parameters from C++
>very limited classes and inheritance

Range based and inferred case labels
And class stuff. Here's the docs
web.archive.org/web/20170325000321/http://www.templeos.org/Wb/Doc/HolyC.html

>>not having to type () if there are no arguments
Also if there are default arguments.

Same thing. That's implied.

No it's not

Basically what said. The whole system is running in ring 0 on the machine, and it's also based around a JIT compiler. So what you get is a system where your program is compiled when you run it. JIT compilers are pretty cool in my opinion.

There have been reports he was hit by a train. I think he was shoved onto the tracks by a CIA basketball American.

Why doesn't linux just do this? Fucking gay Linux athiest Torvalds can't even compete.

> The IDE that comes with TempleOS supports several features, such as embedding images in code. It uses a non-standard text format (known as DolDoc) which has support for hypertext links, images and 3D meshes to be embedded into what are otherwise regular ASCII files. A file can have, for example, a spinning 3D model of a tank as a comment in source code. Code can be JIT-compiled.

What a bad ass.

a dialect of C i think

shasta

How to compile templeos

>embedding images in code

Attached: fug3.jpg (852x793, 81K)

can i give you some helpful language here: the word "shell". Find a resource which will describe cshell for you go and learn my son

you can only compile on templeos, download iso and get to work bud

I am literally only learning about TempleOS since Terry's death. So yeah, I am late to the party.

But this stuff is awesome. Awesome. It reminds me of smalltalk at Xerox PARC, but only a one-man medley.

Is it true? Did Jow Forums drive Terry to his death? Why are you ppl such jerks?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 13.36.50.png (1462x1199, 253K)

*jesusscript
You heathen.

Q: How do you share your TempleOS source code?

I mean, HolyC has no networking, so how do I get the DolanDoc files out of my VM and into yours? How do we share files? Am I missing something basic here?

HolyC. It's C done right. Created by yours truly, Terrence Andrew Davis. (RIP)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

>A language has no networking.

STFU newb.

Terry used to post in Jow Forums, right?
Was Terry a Jow Forumsent or did he like other forums better?
How did he learn how to netstream like a pro?
Why was Terry such a good dancer?

I know he created a thread in 2013. But mostly he just lurked iirc.

>STFU newb.
Then tell me how to get DolDoc out of TempleOS?
How do you "view raw" and then copy that file's code out of your instance of TempleOS? Can this work at all?

I know this is supposed to be a hobbyist OS. You can play around with it like a Commodore 64 from the 80s. And if it crashes, no harm, you reboot and keep going.

It seems snot-fast and fun, but what if I want to run code by others? What then?

U use cd-rom.

The guy definitely had different priorities. I would have gone for UNICODE over implementing a system-wide tag.

>U use cd-rom.
Aha. Got it! If ever I become 1337 in TempleOS, then I can share my gift not just with God but with the other Temple-runners.

>The whole system is running in ring 0 on the machine
Back in my day, it was amazing enough to get a CPU. Everything ran at Ring 0 as there were no rings. You got an accumulator and some stack pointers and you felt awesome with just that.

Man, this guy was on another level.
History will prove him right.

You should seriously give it a try, even if it is just for five minutes.
You are really dropped into another world. It's the same experience as trying smalltalk or Plan9 or some other alternate dream that never caught on.

>but what if I want to run code by others? What then?
Cd("T:");
#include "Start.HC";
Usually something like that.

No lie. I just clipped your post to Evernote so that I can use it later.

There's a few programs on GitHub under the topics holyc and templeos. I also think there's supplemental discs somewhere on the internet with a bunch of games on them.

>Did Jow Forums drive Terry to his death?
What makes you think that user? He was mentally ill and I doubt he gave a shit what Jow Forums thinks. Some think he decided to an hero as a sefless act towards his family who would have to care for him, or maybe he just wanted to ask god face to face what the 11th commandment is.

>There's a few programs on GitHub under the topics holyc and templeos
This is exciting news. Thanks!

>>Did Jow Forums drive Terry to his death?
>What makes you think that user?
Well, some Jow Forumsents like kicking a man when he is down. They get a rise out of taking the piss out of someone else. I think it is a way to cope with their own feelings of crushing inferiority.

>I doubt he gave a shit what Jow Forums thinks.
Sure I might be completely wrong, but can you show me Terry giving a shit about Jow Forums

Some anons actually met and supported him, offering a place to stay and money.

HolyC is better because it was made by God's High Priest, not from some retarded neckbeards.
Pic Related.

Attached: oooh ooooh.png (640x480, 14K)

>Some anons actually met and supported him, offering a place to stay and money.
Aww. That is so sweet. I had no idea there were people like that here on Jow Forums.

Yes it is, any c++ compiler treats default arguments as non-existing ones in function calls

You seem to be conflating "c++ does it" with "implied"

>backtracking
>moving goalposts

Sorta. In C++ default arguments have to be at the end for you to do that.

Fpbp

>Realization of mistake
>Projection
>Green text
Look at that we can both be cunts and you can still be wrong.

Can't we all just get along?

Terry was brilliant. TempleOS is the OS for us. It will shine for a thousand years.

Linux doesn't have the smartest programmer that ever lived
youtu.be/mBgIBF9Y6PE

The problem is that without Terry driving the whole thing, this will splinter into a million pieces on the Internet.

Already, I see so many different variants. Some people have put a real UNIX CLI overtop of His Chosen Command Line.

I can only hope that a new set of High Priests can coalesce around Temple OS to serve Him.

Pathetic

nigga, you are wrong. Just stop posting, this is getting cringy.

Attached: 1531342666878.png (800x949, 356K)

I really hope thats true because that is fucking hilarious

and now he is sitting and laughing at his death .
he joined the discord that was harassing terry if i'm not mistaken

What's really scary is that he is on a long crazy rant, and then says some throwaway line like "I've got a Xeon. That thing is a beast." That is SO normal. Like Normal Jow Forums Normal.