Microsoft retards

How the fuck is this acceptable? 6hrs+ for a full system reset?

what the fuck are you doing microsoft, what is wrong with this company..

WHY WOULD YOU NOT LET THE USER CHOOSE NOT TO DO A FUCKING 7 PASS NSA WIPE FOR A FUCKING NETTOP YOU TOTAL IDIOTS..

I can't wait until the day Microsoft go bankrupt because its shit like this that make me look forward to that day.

Whats even more funny is when you install windows and it formats your drive it doesn't do any nsa wipe shit, but resetting OH BOY we are going full wipe lads.

fucking retards i swear to god.

Attached: reset-this-pc-windows-10-process-8-percent-56a6fad83df78cf772913fcb.png (1024x768, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UpPoWGiQIhA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Now I'm wondering should I pull the plug on this and just install Windows 10 again over it (much quicker than this bullshit) but then I have to deal with 582085401850 updates so it might be quicker to do this system reset.. choices choices

install OpenBSD + Xfce

Resets are a reasonably normal thing for normies to do if they sell their computer. Only 0.00001% of normies will ever reinstall Windows. People that know how to boot a Windows installer know how to boot DBAN and can decide for themselves if they really need to.

my friend only uses windows, this is who i am doing it for.

did I stutter user ?

Is there an up to date ISO with all the updates? I couldn't find any.

You use the media creation tool from microsoft if you want an updated ISO/usb boot media

u sure it aint hardware?

it's still not the latest... ever

I would deal with non stop updates
Because I know every shit about dealing with updates faggot works
Than resetting for unlimited hours

Both options are terrible. Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for this shit show.

HINT TO MICROSOFT.
APPLE HAS A CLUE AT LEAST.

Attached: xmac-security-options.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.NmyvKa2DBU.png (650x310, 68K)

ITT OP is the street shitting Appletoddler shill

Attached: 1523305897805.png (679x873, 398K)

I want to remove everything I don't want anything on it. So that makes it the most logical choice.

The next menu should then ask if you want to do a secure format or not.

but no fuck that lets just go ahead with FULL DOD WIPE. and even secure wipe shouldn't take fucking 6hrs+ anyway. jesus christ one pass is enough.

>choose to wipe all free space
>windows even tells you it will take a long time
>WAAAAHHHHH WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG
Fuck off you brain dead retard.

>windows even tells you it will take a long time
Do you honestly think I trust a word this company tells me. Do you remember how long it took them to fix the file transfer time ETA's?

Keep on damage controlling you mouth breathing mong.

Are you really defending this? YOU are the reason why this shit is allowed to continue.

6hrs+ to do a simple system reset of a 120gb SSD is a DISGRACE.

If he needs it
wine will run it.

>I TOLD MY PC TO DO THING
>AND IT DID THING
>REEEEEEEE
kys

wine is still buggy. its not year of the linux desktop m8

back up documents
take drive
put in other pc
format it
put back in main pc
re-install windows

Missing the point but okay

Why should I? All this would be solved if Microsoft just let the user do 1 pass.

probably would take an hour or so

>implying this is what "reset this PC" does

It's not doing a secure wipe? if not then that's even more shocking as to why its taking so damn long.

If you selected clean disk, it is but it's only wiping free space, which can take longer sometimes if the free space is fragmented. Also I don't know how many passes it's doing.

Easy, ms is a clusterfuck. I mean, not that developing a decent OS from scratch is an easy feat.

Attached: 1462922106980.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

>system reset
dude just reinstall the OS from a USB drive like everyone else

Works on my machine

Attached: Works on my machine.png (200x193, 30K)

other user, wine is fiddly, I run into a lot of annoying little problems here and there with i3wm.

Most hassle free solution (after setting up) without having to resort to dual booting for me is running windows in a VM with GPU passthrough and looking glass so you don't have to switch monitor input.(I still do because my iGPU can't handle 1440p 144Hz output)
It has a small performance impact on CPU but it doesn't make the games unplayable by any means.
I can't notice a few fps difference, especially when running over 60fps.

The biggest downside is the need for 2 GPUs and hardware that can utilize it.
Finding a motherboard with decent IOMMU groupings is the biggest hassle because motherboard manufacturers don't display that info so you have to rely on the community for that info.

How you manage to be so shitty?
My w10 machines usually reboot and patches within seconds, unless you are trying to run this shot on core2duo or bulldozer 512mb ddr2

It literally took me 15m to install w10 1709 enterprise on an latitude 5940 with SSD. Op is a fag

Shit, I'd like to believe that was fanfiction, but it sounds pretty plausible to me. I have no idea how Windows can both survive and keep compatibility in the long term if it's getting that bad. It's gonna be rough

Took me about 12 minutes from start to finish including the initial start up time desu. Subsequent updates usually take 10 minutes max

clunky as wine may be, I find it funny that Men of war runs fine in wine but blue-screens on start in windows 10.
Something happened :(

>op exaggerating, 6 hours is actually 20 minute
>thinks windows reinstalling on the same drive is not a hard task
>doesn't just use reinstall with a usb/cd rom to wipe drives faster

Probably has it installed on a bank of 1000 3.5" floppy disks formatted as a giant raid0 array.

I run up windows 10 pro computers for a living
The creation tool will give you the last monthly roll up patch. Then you decide if you want to install the current months

Yeah this makes sense.

Windows10 is spyware and malware and it spies on you forcing you updates and sending data to microsoft servers. They are tracking and hacking and whacking us and that's not what we want. Windows 7 with tweaks is the last good Windows version, or another alternative is to use Linux. Hackers of the world beware.

>6 hours
you're lucky, i fucked up friend's system and had to reinstall win 10, waited 12 hours for it to upgrade??? 12!!! and his laptop ain't even bad: 1tb hdd, i5 and 4gb of ram

ahh, the agony of choice...
youtube.com/watch?v=UpPoWGiQIhA

>be me
>good ware
>3.5 minutes for a full reset

You can't blame the OS for your stupidity

Attached: 1418105415389.png (1290x1080, 811K)