/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Previous: What are you working on Jow Forums?

Attached: 1537117071908.webm (640x800, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WtBvruplz9I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for kill yourself general shitters

Based and redpilled

>tfw left a startup as its sole developer, and my code is exactly that

thing that gets lyrics to whatever you're listening to on Spotify.

Attached: unknown.png (836x560, 295K)

>3D image
Awful thread

Attached: nii.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Cock goes where?

Trying to convert a WPF app to work over the internet, need to learn how asp.net apis works to do it, unless there's a better option anyone knows about.

Is the app not simple enough to just replicate instead? Otherwise, unfortunately asp.net sounds like the only way to go

If you are staying inside the realm of C# and Windows, WCF.

No, the business logic layer is such a clusterfuck I realy don't want to mess with it.

I'll check it out.

Attached: sadfrog.png (760x344, 16K)

Can you help me with this code ...

if (massiveTits && !hasACock) {
auto jizz = blowLoadOnTits();
} else {
gas();
}

Thoughts?

At least you had the common courtesy to leave after making the mess instead of hiring more people to help you clean it up while you keep smearing shit all over the walls and actively stopping the others from effectively cleaning up your mess.
>I'm just gonna use this mop here to clean up all the urine
>We're never gonna be able to maintain this mop long term, just drill some holes in the floor and let it drain into those. I'll be over here gouging a new window into the wall with this spork I fashioned out of a coat-hanger
Or a more recently, getting rid of some "security" that does nothing but dramatically decrease the chance a user will log in by asking them to do something less secure than simply doing nothing. But god forbid you propose changing it because "security is important"... meanwhile a flippant disregard for security in much more important domains.

public T[] CreateArray(params T[] args) => args;

Attached: stillsad.png (1025x570, 29K)

this

>not learning Java
It's like you want to be unemployed.

Attached: logicgates.png (447x625, 243K)

>tfw employed with only 3 months of python experience
>2 years working now
>chill as fuck the whole time, so coming home to personal projects is always welcoming
>comfy wages
>not difficult at all to work with, or debug, despite the memes

Attached: 1537452808234.jpg (961x1442, 91K)

You used camelCase. kys

Attached: 1537388096460.webm (640x800, 1.49M)

Ok ... fixed it now for the camel case ...

if (massiveTits && !hasACock && !hasCamelToe) {
auto jizz = blowLoadOnTits();
} else {
gas();
}

Anything else?

why is she so perfect lads?

>camelCase
>same line bracing
>auto
kys

Attached: dva_image_20180914_121119_2.png (1440x1080, 1.13M)

so it needs more gassing?

In a game that uses multiple sin-cos calculations per second (in Java) how much of a performance boost could I get from simply having a sin table?
It's just a 2D game so precision is not an issue

You could always time and run the same function multiple times to find out, but I feel like, the sin table would be massively more performant, considering sine functions are very accurate, meaning it took more than a few instructions to find it

I need a project. Dont say emulator Considering making a pokemon clone for fun but i think it would take a long time and i dont really plan on being a game dev. Mostly just want to learn

it would be faster

GB emulator so you can make and play a pokemon clone

write a NN system that can automatically strip clothing from women in photos

then put it online and make cash

Good, then I'll do that
I have read somewhere that Sonic did the same thing on the Genesis

Where you from? Im in the midwest so i dont think ill have a lot of job opportunities unless i go remote

England. Yeah, remote in this industry typically shouldn't be hard to get, but only if you have some years of experience first

C++ compiler

ey that's cool; I was thinking of doing the same thing since I had a similar plugin for foobar2k. how did you accomplish it?

Same country as Belle Delphine thankfully

Whats with the emulator meme anyway? Is it a joke? I always see it posted

That sounds incredibly dry

I dont. My plan was just to do some freelance shit for pajeet bux in my spare time until i find a job. Id relocate if the salary was worth it but i doubt that would happen for a first job

write a NN system that can automatically predict the color of female tainted anus using photos of womens faces as input

then put it online and make cash

Why would it be a joke? It's a fulfilling experience that challenges you in various ways, and doesn't strongly require a certain paradigm like OOP. You could even do it in FP if you wanted, though I can't vouch for performance. You learn about how devs used to manipulate pixels, sample sounds, manage data and functionality with limited tools, etc

always with the easy stuff. think of something harder

Well that works too t bh. I haven't tried freelance, but it'll get you your years. And yeah, first job will typically pay too poorly for you to relocate.

I need a structure with a string descriptor and a value. However the value can be of different types, integer, bool, string, you name it. Do I just use a string variable and convert it as necessary or have multiple variables in the structure each for a type? Both seem like a little bit of a waste in execution or memory usage, honestly.

I guess it just seems a joke from context
>beginner here just learned hello world. What project would be good to learn from
>emulator

write a NN system that predicts dick length from photos of trap faces

I don’t really wanna relocate. But opportunities are slimmer here. Id be fine being a code monkey here with how low cost of living is

Write an NN system that predict flap length from the photos of famous female politicians faces

Attached: guess_my_flaps.jpg (259x194, 6K)

I guess that makes sense, but there are minimal architectures. I know 1 that takes 23 instructions (unlike GB's 200 or so), and doesn't play audio or display graphics, just test. So they do range from very simple 1-week projects, to difficult months-long projects

It would help if we knew what fucking language you are using.

Been there done that too, sadly

Sepples.

>test
text*

more gas

anyone got any projects they’re working on and would like participants? I just finished a >compsci but have a job in another field and I’d love to continue programming, not professionally but as a hobby.

Use boost::any or boost::veriant

I'm trying to use python to control my laptop's music player from my phone with webpy. It works. It shows me the album artwork (plus song details), I can search for songs, select one of the next ones on the now playing list, delete them, change volume, etc.
The webpage looks like shit (I know just the minimum about html and css) but it works and I'm really happy.

Attached: haha_yes.jpg (192x192, 4K)

I decided to do it in java for some retarded reason which made the process much more difficult than it had to be, but basically

I get the song title and artist from the main spotify window with a powershell command, whenever you're listening to a song on spotify the window title changes to "artist - song name"
Then i create a song object with the artist and song name by passing it to the genius API
The genius API then gives me a bunch of details about the song (not the lyrics itself though), two of these details being; 1. URL to the lyrics page on genius.com 2.link to the album art image.

Then I crawl the provided genius link for the lyrics and display that along with the album art.

One benefit of using the powershell method instead of the spotify API is that I can later adapt it to support other music playing apps, provided they display the song in a similar way to spotify.

if(1) print("brown with a shade of purple");

iktf, I used to use webpy a lot for helper tools on games and work, when a specific minimal UI would help, very comfy to have running

how'd you go about searching for songs? are you just using local files or is it streaming music from somewhere?

Yes, emulators are infamously difficult to make

now reimplement that as a NN using terabytes of facial photos and a 100 core cluster ... you know, just for kicks

Use python to write a NN system that finds dick references in the lyrics of your songs/music, just from the audio input data

> boost
kys already

Who's this?

Want meme functionality, have to use meme libraries

who is this slut?

Depends. My CHIP-8 emulator is in 1 small 500 LOC C file, half of which is taken by opcodes moving data around or doing basic manipulation, and a third on loading a file, font data, and audio. The actual engine itself is probably less than 100 or even 50 LOC

Belle Delphine, qtp2t british girl

There's a thread on gif and b about her right now if you want more.

Attached: 1537119175062m.jpg (1024x768, 91K)

>Belle Delphine
Thank you.
Great.

Yeah, I'm using local files. I just use a method linked to a plugin that searches the library inside the music player (MusicBee) and returns a list with the location of the music files.

>she

dont worry user, it's a she this time

I didn't used >she

>it's a she this time
So there was a time when it was a he?

I sincerely doubt anyone goes from hello world to bga emulator you fucking goon

No kek, I mean even though Jow Forums loves to post about traps, this time the girl is a girl

>it's a she this time
yes ... every other time. you fap, you lose

Simulating particles in a curved accelerator.

Attached: image.jpg (960x720, 287K)

Welcome to the internet

any guesses on this one?

Attached: muh_flaps.jpg (273x185, 8K)

I'm playing around in pygame and right now i'm keeping track of inventory selection with a list. [x,y] represents the selection in their own axis. now, depending on whats selected i want to draw only that position. what i have now is a something like this:

if self.last_selected[0] == 0:
self.draw_equipment_square(window,player,'helm',x_pos-7,y_pos-117)
elif self.last_selected[0] == 1:
if self.last_selected[1] == 0:
self.draw_equipment_square(window,player,'rHand',x_pos-117,y_pos-7)
if self.last_selected[1] == 1:
self.draw_equipment_square(window,player,'chest',x_pos-7,y_pos-7)
if self.last_selected[1] == 2:
self.draw_equipment_square(window,player,'lHand',x_pos+103,y_pos-7)

but i was wondering if i could execute the functions a bit fancier using just the [x,y]-list as arguments. maybe using a 2 dimensional list filled with functions and then just putting in my coordinates as an index and executing them that way. im unsure what the syntax would be or if this is even possible. help pls.

Game of Life

I'm going to write a program to synthesize honey production. Stop me if you can.

Attached: 71MFBm8a0dL._SY355_[1].jpg (355x355, 13K)

...using a NN system to preduct OPs future roastie wife flap color

hi anons
looking for new projects to work on, anyone got an open seat?

Attached: download-7.jpg (1200x1004, 405K)

Probably the size of the Antonov An-225 Mriya undercarriage

theres talk on here of a project for predicting dick lengths from trap photos. message OP for more details.

did you just watch that video on how honey is made? it's honestly kino

youtube.com/watch?v=WtBvruplz9I

This is actually probably possible. A womans lip color is very close to their nipple color which is close to their asshole color. So with a "light" amount of guesswork we go 1 darker shade down from the lips to get nipple and 1 or 2 more and get the ass.

That or you can program a genetic algorithm and feed it asses and faces, with a focus on the lips.

hardyhardyharr

Or you can just stop being a lazy ass.

Attached: file.png (446x68, 6K)

> feed it asses and faces
like into a woodchipper

I was wondering earlier if they make genetically engineered pineapples with no sugar, now tonight I'm wondering if we can make synthetic honey.
I want to be able to eat more of these things without the penalty. Like a true glutton.

Attached: 1466764343247.webm (640x640, 991K)

var arr = new []{"gas", "all", "frogposters"};

it's beautiful bros

Attached: timetabler.png (1224x1025, 332K)