Before the project starts

Hey Jow Forums
Which tool do you use for your mockups?
Do you even do mockups/sketches/clickdummies/wireframes before you develop?

I'm using balsamiq, any free (and good) alternatives?

Also general "before the project starts"-thread.

Attached: balsamiq.jpg (1040x827, 402K)

Other urls found in this thread:

umlet.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I use Lucid chart, what would be a good replacement?

Pencil and paper. Fight me

Attached: 589EBF8D-E4BC-44BE-B07F-BE9A69BA58AE.jpg (600x800, 49K)

Try to Drag nDrop one object to another place with that "tech", or try to change an object in each "screen" you created...

I don't know all of you usecases, but for basic and simple stuff, you could try umlet.com/

It's free, easy to use, but also very limited. I use it for very simple diagrams

Divine intellect

MS Word 2010, using the shapes tools.

When finished, I save it as a PDF

Pencil and paper, inkscape, HTML

I assume you work alone and your projects are weekend scoped?

Yep

draw.io

First useful post

can't you think at least 1 way to do that with a pencil and a block of papers?
really?
your imagination is atrophied

Pen and paper for layout and UX design.
Functional tests for living use case documentation.
Once I used UXPin, and while good, nothing beats designing use cases visually with the end user by making ugly as fuck drawings and then jump right into making a functional prototype. Wireframing becomes redundant then.

Sure, I began with pen and paper as everyone. But this approach has a lot of problems. And once you create/work with mockups on a daily basis, the pen is just not enough.

I can't understand why you are here when all you do is just beeing rude to people who use technology to make their lifes easier.

what? I... what?
ok
>Try to Drag nDrop one object to another place with that "tech", or try to change an object in each "screen" you created
it isn't really hard to do that, I don't know that used it as example or something hard to do in pencil and paper

Attached: IMG-20160119-WA0001.jpg (771x960, 75K)

I just watched a promo video and the especially the collaboration features make it look a like an awesome tool. But quiet expensive though...

I was wondering the same thing. How other people do this.

I actually don't use mockups at all, but I understand that is bad practice and want to stop doing that.

What are panels / storyboards?

Does it hurt being so stupid?

Attached: 1A4B9CFC-2464-4F80-B16B-026AA5CD2A0B.jpg (419x559, 28K)

Axure RP 8. You can make wireframes, basic animations, flowcharts, etc

I use Pencil Project for mockups, and draw.io for modelling. You can use Pencil for both if you want to.

Attached: pencil-project-screenshot.jpg (720x492, 93K)

Pen+paper.