Go to programming conference

>Go to programming conference
>80% male, 20% female
>WE NEED MORE WOMEN IN TECH
>Go to a medical engineering conference
>80% male, 20% female
>Nothing. Not a single mention about inequality

What the fuck is this? Some sort of bullying?

Attached: 1506971940243.jpg (253x206, 17K)

So, are you for or against feminism or what?

>programming
pajeet-tier hobby

The programming industry thinks it's easy to saturate the market with female programmers, but the medical industry thinks it's hard to saturate the market with female doctors.

Umm, incel detected

I find this amusing. It's anecdotal, but most of my female friends are doctors, of my doctor friends it's probably a 55/45 split male/female

>55/45 split male/female
If it's already saturated, then it really is hard.

Look xir, I believe women deserve rights...and lefts.

>go to engineering conference
>99% male 1% ugly female

Who am I kidding I wasn’t gonna make a move on any bitches anyway

they just want free money that's why

people will die if they just push women into medical fields

big companies can pay 6 figures just to feel good and not think about it for 20 years

I'm sure if some billionaire said yes i will get more women involved then donated million to get more men into nursing they would be crying about that too

>destroying a women's industry

Redit fag plz fuck off

Excuse me sweetie but we need more incels in tech, please stop discriminating based on virginity

posts like this make it very clear that stuff like this is still necessary even today

Attached: 1535260361720.png (769x595, 262K)

Tech incels are seen as an easy target, especially since computers are easy. All they do is sit around and make computer thingies, I use my smartphone all the time and it's a computer so they're getting paid too much.
Just my two cents.

This. Everyone thinks it's easy. And it is easy. But you need to take in a lot and spend a lot of time on it. Something most people can't muster.

>Go to a medical engineering conference
>80% male, 20% female
Probably a fluke. Most would be about the same. Maybe there was a women in tech conference at the same time?

>time for equality! we need more female leaders!
>a more cushy jobs for women huh, why not more female coal miners? we're all equal after all
>user was banned for sexist post
welcome to 2018, don't enjoy your stay

Eh, theres a ton of female doctors. Atleast here most doctors/nurses are female. Guess they're putting "IT" under some general silicon valley startup type umbrella, excluding specific fields like this.

they try plenty of time to force woman in engineering, it fail very time

> year of our lord two thousand and eighteen
> still arguing about gender politics
¬_¬

>using the term "year of our lord" when you're a faggot who advocates for bodily blasphemy
I admit it, you baited me. Fuck you and anyone who unironically thinks that shit.

>advocates for bodily blasphemy
lol, what? turn off your Jow Forumsspeak mode when you're on other boards plox

>Go to programming conference
>80% male, 20% female
>WE NEED MORE WOMEN IN TECH
>Go to a waste management conference
>100% male, 0% female
>Nothing. Not a single mention about inequality

Attached: 1531911045228.jpg (550x556, 157K)

There is a big push to get more workers in to programming. That's why corps are pushing for more education in programming, want to import more programmers from the third word, and pushing for more women to choose tech.

It's all to push down the cost of salaries.

Why shouldn’t they be low? The programming jobs women and Reddit talk about are glorified data entry

It's going to diminish YOUR salary as well, dumbshit. Supply and demand, moron.

Woman here. I have been working as a software engineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

>>WE NEED MORE WOMEN IN TECH
>roasties start joining in
>90% of them do nothing but steal credit or do a work shit while expecting to be rewarded because they a "big" effort

Go to construction/plumbing/electrician conference instead

Turns out nerdy men, that get that self-worth from playing with computers when they were children, are actually horrible people.

It diminishes entry level non degree jobs

Which is what I have :(

Because people die when doctors fuck up, so women should only be in unimportant fields like programming.

Oh yeah? How about making bug fixes and contributing to kernel development? Can women do that? Highly unlikely.

>inb4 women fucks up the programming of a robot that assists surgery

>western 'it'
>more focused on gender quotas than decent software
Westerners would be better off getting a gender studies degree than learning to code.

>BE Female
>Make a blog about doing some minor visual fix for linux
>make money talking about doing that fix for linux and your experience for years
>make money talking about how sexist programmers are
>take control of Linux and add a CoC

*fills up work place with horny pajeetz who dont have a concept of feminism or consent*

True. Exhibit exist in my uni.

Every field should be merit based. If you have good skills people should take you on board based on that, nothing else. If people start recruiting more woman that's sexist, because you are not acknowledging her merits compared to other requesters of the job regardless of their sex. Why we should not care about sex? Because you not choose it. Isn't that what anti sexism/racism/discrimination is about? Heck. If people are assholes that is not against the rules, but people should fill out a form where they say why discarded someone, and has to be genderless and libre of any discriminatory shit.

My university had 12 of those automated surgery machine. And NONE of either Dr or programmer know how to operate that machines.

Modern feminism = anti men.

So no women in things that require ultra reliability like software for medical devices like pace makers

>go to a liberal arts conference
>60% women
>10% men
>30% undeterminable
>all upper mid class
>not a single mention of gender/social inequality
Really makes you think.

Yeah, sure, I can accept that. Hell, I haven't met anybody in the computer engineering field that could not accept that. HOWEVER, it's gotten beyond that. Companies are hiring based on vaginas and identity politics. Now, in your experience, have you seen such things happen in ANY other field? Why computers all of a sudden?

Perceived to be easy money

This is where the trap factor comes into play.

feminism started to get women the privilege of voting without registering for the draft, and early feminists shamed boys as young as 15 or 16 to go to war and die. It was always anti-male