Any recs for a 4k projector?

Any recs for a 4k projector?

Attached: Epson-Home-Cinema-4000-3LCD-Home-Theater-Projector-with-4K.jpg (740x606, 63K)

Have lots of money.

I have a nice budget so what do I grab?

Poorfa/g/s can only recommend (((cost effective))) computer parts.

You will want to look at thel laser products. Be advised though, they are meant to be disposable. Once the laser unit dies it's time to just replace the whole projector.

got to AVSforums where they all sperg over home theater bits. Honestly, the tougher choice is the screen. That's where I'd put my cash.

barco dp4k-19b

Something from Barco, Christie, Sony, or NEC.

this:
Sony VPLVW675ES

Christie Boxer 4K30

CLASSIC Jow Forums

Hey man, I use the older HD14k-m units at work and immediately thought of their newer line when I saw this post. Probably could have put an extra second of thought into it to give a useful answer but nah

>Christie Boxer 4K30
very cheap

Attached: mother of god.png (1741x725, 414K)

An almost-bigger problem is the fact that it weighs over 100 pounds

160 pounds in fact

Attached: damn.png (1163x663, 78K)

so it's profligacy you're after?

That's pretty sick what do you do?

>30,000 lumen projector
>doesn't specify how long the lamp will last at full brightness
>700 dollars for a replacement lamp
Jesus. Bet those lifetime figures are down in 3 digits if they're too scared to tell people lamp lifetimes, assuming it doesn't burst into flames if you even try.

Yeah but consider how much brighter that is than is necessary for a high-quality home theater. Low brightness is probably brighter than the highest setting for many home setups

Lighting tech/designer for a production company, though I tend to do a lot of sound and video as well. Also the in-house repair tech if some piece of gear is broken for whatever reason. We generally do more corporate shows (press conferences, mostly) with the occasional large music/performance event. Like the local performance festival that's been going on for just over a week now, where we've been running the 3 major venues

>1500 hours to 70% initial brightness
doesn't mean the lamp lasts 1500hrs at 70% brightness, it means that at 1500hrs the lamp is capable of 70% of its rated output. Mercury arc lamps don't catastrophically fail like halogen lamps for instance, they just gradually degrade, hence the 70% output @ 1500hrs rating. Of course if you use them decently longer than they're rated for they could fail mechanically. Enough extreme rapid heat/cooling cycles and the casing will just shatter anyway.

nobody should be allowed to own a room this big when there are people working paycheck to paycheck

>49db
jesus christ

Buy one of IMAX's home projectors

I'm assuming this is for a home theater? Save your money and get a 1080p projector that does upscaling. JVC reference design with the e-shift are really good.

>person starts their own business
>busts their ass making it successful
>"wahhhh they shouldn't be able to have all their money"
Fuck off

LG HU80KA