Raspberry Pi

What is Jow Forums doing with them? Are they just a meme?

Attached: rpi.jpg (620x350, 86K)

I keep it in my drawer in case I need it.

Can they play anime at 1080p?

Web server

If it's h.264 and not 10bit, sure.

install retroarch and hook it up to a crt monitor desu

Attached: 20180922_165518.jpg (1920x1080, 3.72M)

>set it up so that everyday it picks as random time to yell nigger
>hide it somewhere in public

I use mine as a web server, and random shit like a discord bot and I've been thinking of setting it up to remotely check up on my house, see who's connected/home or turn my pc on before I get home. I've also though about buying a new one and turn it into a retro pie for my niece and nephew or my dad as a birthday gift that's better than a NES or SNES mini.

They have tons of applications and are great, but getting one without knowing why is stupid. I got mine and never touched it for 3-4 years before I finally found a use for it. It'd probably be great for educating my niece and nephew about computers too once they get a bit older/smarter

redpilled and based

how would you even power RacistPi

Attached: pi-plug-in.gif (842x596, 234K)

Runs pihole.. the other one sits in the drawer with other random Arduino boards that will never be used

Jesus are we having this thread /again/?

Ok, things you can do with a Raspberry Pi:
Hifi audio server for bitperfect playback, without any mechanical noise from hard disk spins or fans. Look into Volumio for a prepackaged distro, or 24bit96.com for how to build it yourself from scratch.
Turn it into a docker server to store files and generally learn how both docker and networking work, always a useful skill.
Set up a personal internet facing server to learn security, have it host files or be a mail server as well
Install Pihole and have a network-wide adblocker that speeds up browsing
Turn it into a Tor exit node and/or a bridge for Tor connections to both learn how Tor works and secure yourself to a higher degree.
Use it as an IRC bot, or any kind of bot for that matter.
Turn it into a seedbox to always be seeding torrents for private trackers.
Plug in a camera and hide it somewhere for security (or to spy on roasties)
Hide it in a public place and scan for handshakes on wifi networks.
Use it as a general playground for new shit like distros (arch, gentoo) or possible alterations to distros you want to test run before applying to a more important device, if you lack a laptop for that already.

battery pack, an arduino would be better suited for something that doesnt use much juice.

I use them to prototype especially if I need to run a server or local MQTT session over ZigBee.

i did that - i got a Pi1B and Pi2B both hooked up to my Samsung 27" CRT via Composite, and got some shaders running on it that set things to the nearest vertical integer, making the Pis do proper 240p, or as close to it as possible.

discrete solar battery pack. they're fairly cheap, and a Pi Zero can do the job with a cheap dollar store speaker.

Running a PiHole

nah the raspberry pi zero is too finicky to stay booted up long enough. even if you could get enough power from a solar panel

solar battery - the panel charges the battery, which powers the Pi. Pi Zero is basically a shrank down Pi 1 B, and ive been running one of them for a few years now. It just needs a clean and stable source for power, not one that fluctuates in wattage and amperage.

these are some nice ideas, thanks

planning to get one and install retropi then put it in a fake NES case and connect it to my CRT for some bing bing wahoos

I wish there was a powerful alternative. something that uses a real modern high performance mobile processor, a laptop ram slot, and a m.2 drive. along with type C usb.

Sounds like you're in a market for a laptop.

you mean a NUC..? those punch all of those boxes, and are about the size of a cpl of double Cd jewel cases stacked

One to run monitor my 3d printer while I'm away and another to run security cams

Firewall

This
>and checked.

I have been thinking about buying a laptop and stripping off the casing/screen but I'm sure I would run into some complications.

There are litterally hundreds of different sbc's on the market.
I personally have a tinkerboard, I know lattepanda is pretty powerful

not as many as you think. DIY Perks on Youtube actually has a tutorial on how to make one into a desktop, and it's basically that - stripping it and throwing it in a custom case. Plus, dude makes generally cozy vids.

hardware flasher

Attached: IMG_0704.jpg (4032x3024, 962K)

Mail, http and ftp servers.

magic mirror and the occasional bios flasher

Yes, this. Best option; it takes the least amount of space and you can just say into it whenever you need to access it

Damn, I feel that.

got 2
heavily reliant on them
im sick of these threads - why should I describe
morons

Private git server
mysql server
Headless torrent box + nfs
tomcat server
vpn server

This copy pasta again
>hifi audio
>bitperfect
Ni. That is bs.

Sits next to my router and runs pihole

Some teams at my university use them as part of robot control logic for competitions.

I'm using Orange Pis, not Raspberry, but I'm using them for practicing cluster and distributed computing while learning machine learning following sentdex's stuff and implementing it with MPI.

Attached: _THE16801.webm (1002x720, 1.4M)

Make a PiHole(block ads), Retropi(retro vidya), VPN server, NAS, Audio system with Volumio.