PSP GO or PS Vita?

When i was a kid i used to have a PSP 2000 but i lost it when i was changing to a different house. now a week ago i came across an old friend who still has his PSP(a 3000) and plays with it alot. he allowed me to play with it for a while and suddenly i remembered how Awesome this thing is. now i have the urge to buy a good as new PSP GO for 140 euro. i am especially interested in putting emulator firmware into the PSP GO to be able to play Most PS1,PS2 and other games on it.

But i also got interested in the PS vita.I originally planned to buy it at release 7 years ago but decided not to because of the bad reception it got, but now according to a lot of people the situation has changed and the Vita is considered to be 1 of the best Handhelds for the hardcore Gamer and has received pretty good games in the past years. but the problem i have right now with the Vita is that it is not sold anymore in Europe in retail stores. and the ones which are still sold as new on the net are 270-280 euro,s. which i doubt is worth it, especially if you consider the lack of Emulator possibilities compared to the original PSP. But i like the graphics and the looks of the Vita alot. Also having 2 thumbsticks is a HUGE improvement.

So what are people,s experience with both devices here? is it worth it going for the Vita? or is the old and trusted PSP with it,s thousand of games thanks to emulators better? and sorry if i posted this on the wrong forum.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Neither, stop playing games and improve yourself.

how about you stop being a fag and go to

PSP 1000 or early 2000 + proper cfw
The gos probably have crap batteries now, use proprietary cables AND don't work with those chink memory stick to micro sd adapters that can give you 64GB storage without issues

Can you play pirated vita games on vita?

No. It's the reason it failed so hard.

The buttons on the GO are of the low-travel, clicky sort. It's a matter of taste, but personally I think the GO is better as a companion to a regular PSP.

Attached: IMG_2548.jpg (2736x3648, 2.23M)

Do battery's perform worse over the years even if barely used? The battery of the Go i am looking at has only being used for 10 hours. what about the PSP 3000 slim? or does that 1 also have severly reduced battery power?

I definitely like clicky. i also really like the small design which makes it easier to put into a pocket. i primarily going to use a handheld device when on the train or bus. or when away from home in general.

3000 is best. There is no reason to get a 1000 or 2000.
But this being 2018, there's no reason to get a PSP at all, better devices exist that can even emulate PSP with a better experience than the PSP itself.

The point is that replacing the battery in the go is not as easy as with the older models
>Do battery's perform worse over the years even if barely used?
Depends on the battery. They can die completely if they are discharged too much

>what about the PSP 3000 slim? or does that 1 also have severly reduced battery power?
Should be alright, but only the 100 and early 2000s support installation of cfw that stays active even after reboot

>3000 is best.
Why? The screen has pretty bad interlacing issues and build quality is lower than of the 1000

>3000 is best.
My bricked 3000 says otherwise. 2000 and 1000 can be unbricked easily.

Just get a 2000 and call it a day.

I'm not OP and am happy with my 1000.

This. Just get a Vita with proper firmware to emulate PSP games

according to a video i have seen. it is possible to have a CFW installation on a PSP GO that stays active after reboot. but it requires that the system software is on version 6.0 not 6.1. 6.1 will give issues

are the standard games on the vita worth anything?

I have both. Vita is better. But be ready to bite the bullet and just get the 64GB card right off the bat.

The ones that were got ported to the PS4.

It depends. I have 3 PSP GOs which all of them costed only $50 each. They're great and despite having long fingers, it still feels comfy. If you have big hands then go for either 2000 or 3000. The major difference between the two is that the 3000 has a different screen which people's opinions if it vary. Avoid the 1000 since they have less RAM which affects performance. PS Vita isn't a bad choice either since the CFW is great and allows for emulating the PSP environment + games, but with additional features like dual joystick support. Overall, with CFW on PSVita, just get that instead. The dual joystick is nice, and you can do not only the same things with the PSP, but more. If you REALLY just want a regular PSP, the 2000 or GO is what I would personally go for.

Yes you can!

>No. It's the reason it failed so hard.
Have you been living under a rock? I have a shit ton of pirated vita games on my vita.

is the vita also worth it if you do not own any Sony consoles like the PS3 or PS4? i never liked the Sony consoles all that much but the PSP is the only handheld and Sony device i really enjoyed.

Some are, like P4G, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Killzone, Ys, Dragon's Crown. But like the other user pointed out, most of the worthwhile games were ported

The ones that aren't can be played on PSTV, which is much cheaper than a Vita, as well. I got my PSTV on ebay for under 20 bucks, just so I could show my wife P4G.

I think go might be better its super portable and you can put the fue PSP games that don't work properly on emulators on it + afue more you like. rest you can play on your phone.

I have a vita already thou. getting a vita is prob a wiser choice.

wait how much is a PSTV and how much is a original Vita atm? I have a original Vita in really good condition and with a cool clamshell cover case that's well made from a japanse game in gray so its basically a big DS.

could I flog that thing for serious cash? I don't like the OLED

All but the current (3.69) firmware has been cracked. It allows for installation of all homebrew and psp emulation. The only downside which doesn't affect me is no PSN access. The cracked firmware also allows use of a microSD card adapter(buy on AliExpress or ebay) in the game slot which means you won't have to shell out 100 dollars for a 64 gig sony card. If you don't have any qualms about pirating games I'd say psvita is overall the better console simply for game availability, but worse for portability since it does feel a bit clunky at times. If you want the slimmer model remember that it has an LCD instead of an OLED screen.

PSP Go is just a shittier version of PSP 3000
PSP Vita is an upgrade to the PSP and has more games, and also the ability to play some games by streaming them from your active PS4
Buy a Nintendo switch. It's emulation scene will improve.
Switch > Vita > PSP 3000 > Street Edition > 2000 > 1000 > Go

You being a retarded monkey and breaking your PSP doesn't mean it's a bad device.

I got mine for 25 bucks plus shipping a few years ago. Dunno what they go for now.

opinions on the PSP GO range from people finding them the best PSP ever or the worst. i personally used to have the PSP 2000 which was decent with the biggest downside being the screen getting dead pixels very easely and black boxing. also if you take portability into account The PSP GO is the superior choice and easy to take with you. i also heard rumors of the psp 3000 disk drive getting damaged very easely. but i don't know if that is true or not.

just get a 3DS

I made the decision to take the PSP GO. simply because i am not interested in the majority of games that are exclusive to the PS Vita. and the PS Vita being extremely overpriced in Europe for what they are. PSP GO seems to fit my role perfectly as a device that i can take with me everywhere and play any kind of game everywhere i want. Also The Sd cards for the PSP are much cheaper per gig then that of the Vita. which makes the price difference even bigger. Now i only hope the CFW install of the PSP GO will not have any issues. and that the device i will be getting has a good battery. which i think it has because it is branded as good as new by the company.

thanks for the help guys. much appreciated.

As long as you make an informed purchase I think you'll be happy.

t. wh*te supremacist

literally no one uses a diskdrive on a psp

the last model of psp and vita doesnt have 3g or even Wifi right? guess kinda dumb to buy as you might want to play wifi monster hunter with some random in the future.

only reason i would get a PSPGO is to play stuff that cant be emulated on a phone which i think is only GrandTrismoPSP basicaly the only reason to own one is to play that single game in the most portable way possible i guess? thats smaller than the smallest vita which can also play it?

how small is the smallest vita compared to pspgo and battery life comparison thats prob how you would work out how valuable a GO is.

PSP Go is shit unless you have hands of a 12 year-old. It's too small and holding it is uncomfortable.
>psp 3000 disk drive
You load games from the memory card. And I have a 3000, it's not damaged at all.

Neither, get one of these

Attached: pyra-preorder-mobile-ed-eu-vers-4gb-ram-pyra.png (1000x1000, 539K)

>overpriced trash
might as well buy GPD Win 2 and be able to play over twice as many games.