Convince me to install debian on a laptop

or else i would install ubuntu on it

>inb4 install Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) 10
i dual boots

Attached: RUZ1R5Ik_400x400.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/goobuntu-glinux-google/
files.catbox.moe/j0xiss.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ubuntu is based on Debian. It just has small changes like Ubuntus repositories and using ppa as well. Just install Ubuntu, because you're clearly need the easy version on Debian. Debian isn't even hard, Ubuntu is just much easier and you can basically do anything on Ubuntu that you can on Debian. However, I'd actually recommend Linux mint cinnamon. Linux mint is Ubuntu but even easier. It just works.

Attached: 1526197223721.png (540x540, 264K)

I installed Ubuntu dual boot, I tried communicating with one of my friends via Skype.

He could not hear me at all, because of my loud background noise.

I removed Ubuntu and went back to Windows Pro + Docker, and had a smooth experience.

Anyone that uses Linux as their main desktop is a retarded mongrel. If it's for a cheap laptop, It's understandable, but if you had a windows license with it, you should use it.

Fpbp

>Anyone that uses Linux as their main desktop is a retarded mongrel
>itsfoss.com/goobuntu-glinux-google/
>or years Google used Goobuntu, an in-house, Ubuntu-based operating system. Goobuntu is now being replaced by gLinux, which is based on Debian Testing.

Which one should we trust? The best tech company on the planet, famous for cutting edge technologies and over the top, state of the art environment, or a basement dweller unable to make a skype call properly, using his pc just to fap, gayme and pretend to be productive? I am not really sure. Also, using a M$ product on loonix should trigger a script that fries your HDD right away.

Attached: 1521211981192.jpg (488x600, 123K)

>cinnamon
You mean xfce

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

Expect your hardware not to work.
Just go with Fedora since Debian has also been consumed by the systemD===c--

Debian software is just too old of versions and package maintainers never have any of the new shit. But probably a good Server OS for the reasons I just said.

>hurrr da skype not werking durrrr
It's best you people stay with wangblows, true.

>I had problem
>this problem applies to everyone
just as bad as "just werks"

cause fedora doesn't use systemd, and is not owned by the very company doing anything in his power to force systemd into any aspect of a gnu/linux system. Some people here are plain fucking retards.

I don't know what that is or does sorry.

debian sid is as stable (or more) than the majority of the the other distros (standard ubuntu included) has the latest packages, active community, no bullshit sponsored stuff (hello canonical and amazon) can tweak the system how you want it. The only downside is it also requires you to use 10% of your brain to function, which can be a challenge for most of neo/g/, too busy chasing memes and dwelling the basement most of the "working" hours.

Spacing. Too dumb to use Ubuntu. Doesn't know how to lower background noise. You are the retard for being unable to use something as simple as Ubuntu.

Don't give pajeet clicks. I know its you.

files.catbox.moe/j0xiss.png

thanks user, didn't remember that site being pajeet owned, i just startpage'd and pasted the first link.

>(your) post: no senor, please, no hablo ingles
What do you not understand about the word ALSO, you flaming homosexual?
English, motherfucker, do you speak it??

>fedora doesn't use systemd
lol wut, it uses systemd by default

Debian is nice, I use it on my older computers (with xfce as xfce is GOAT)

On newer computers I tend to use Xubuntu. Both are good and desu I can't tell difference between a riced Debian and a river Xubuntu, except I have to install more shit on the Debian system after install and have to install with Ethernet plugged in as lolnonfree wifi drivers.

Both are good, and once you're up an running there is virtually no difference.

the one in need to go back to elementary school is you, tell your mother to enroll you again when she comes down the basement to feed you.

>Hardware doesn't work on debian (bullshit anyway)
>Go with fedora since debian is also systemd
This means hardware doesn't work AND has systemd, so go with fedora. Stupid NEETs learning english on poorly translated anime footage, I pity for your first minimum wage paycheck, if you'll ever get one.

Welcome, friend.

Debian > all, pic related. Debian is stable, best distro out there. If you don't want systemd like
These tards, use devuan. It doesn't use systemd.

Attached: Debian.png (602x500, 26K)

>itt actual 70 IQ retards

Attached: 257BFF82-A3D6-4BFF-BCE9-8389C4FDD231.gif (441x300, 2.65M)

I would add the only time I would chose Debian over Xubuntu would probably be for a server, and in that scenario I would choose Stretch over Sid.

I'm well aware about Devuan but arguing that vanilla Debian has good hardware support like that other mouthbreather I'm not going to engage with again, is inane.

has same hardware support (or better) than most major distros and great documentation to troubleshoot and solve any problem. You being unable to select and install drivers properly is not debian's fault.
And you type with your hands, not with your mouth, smartass.

so ubuntu all the way?
i think of debian because it seems to use less resources (~50%) than ubuntu

>windows 10
>dual booting
>ubuntu
How is comp sci?

Windows 10 AND Debian. Gee I wonder if Microsoft is specifically pushing it to make people think Windows 10 sucks or something.