/hmg/ Hackerman General

In /hmg/ we discuss pentesting, ctfs, exploits, and general being a hackerman.

Resources:

VM/CTFs:
overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/
>easy beginner bullshit (bash skills)

vulnhub.com/
>prebroken images to work on.

hackthebox.eu/
>super secret club

Tools:
kali.org/
>meme dragon distro but it just werks

metasploit.com/
>scriptkiddie starting point and swiss army knife

Tutorials/Guides:
youtube.com/watch?v=2TofunAI6fU (embed) [Open]
>The Secret step-by-step Guide to learn Hacking

abatchy.com/2017/03/how-to-prepare-for-pwkoscp-noob
>From zero to OSCP-hero rough outline

youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA
>IppSec, video guides for retired HTB VMs.

Certs:
eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/
>CEH, only looks good a resume to non-technical in HR

offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
>OSCP, the big dick swinging exam, 24 hours to own 5 machines and a further 24 hours to write up a report detailing your methods.

Resources:

>web app hackers handbook.
Thanks IBM!

ibm.com/developerworks/community/files/form/anonymous/api/library/635ec0e2-2989-4663-82d2-3488f9d16dd8/document/09d6ec5f-ff2f-4901-8d44-05d10e848bc5/media

>OSCP videos

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f91feb6d2ea93f1c3c03b6be52051c2df72da1b7&dn=CERTCOLLECTION+-+BASELINE+-+SANS+%26+Offensive-Security&tr=udp%3A//tracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.zer0day.to%3A1337&tr=udp%3A//public.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//explodie.org%3A6969

>Advanced Penetration Testing

danwin1210.me/uploads/F3thinker !- Hacking 2017/1. Advanced Penetration Testing Hacking 2017.pdf

>learn assembly and C

leaksource.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/hacking-the-art-of-exploitation.pdf

The hell y'all been? Edition

Attached: hmg.png (680x680, 888K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3q9v8vgg
usenix.org/system/files/conference/usenixsecurity18/sec18-yun.pdf
w3challs.com/challenges/challenge64
pastebin.com/KMZQX1XC
shellterlabs.com/en/questions/5-hacking-n-roll/do-what-sherlock-does/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to become professional in the field of cybersecurity, besides some Scriptkiddie shit I have no experiences in the field. I am thinking of CEH, is this a good start for someone who wants to start from scratch to become a professional?

Hi /hmg/, does anybody have any decent ideas for a final year uni project that doesnt require any coding? My interests lie more in the vulnerability and attacking sides of security. The requirements for my project are: "The project allows the student to define and solve problems mainly focused in computer forensics, information security or cyber assurance".
It needs to be substantial enough to plan and carry out an entire project on it.

Bump

Attached: 1532978373493.png (600x600, 578K)

how do i exploit this ? pastebin.com/3q9v8vgg

Hmmmm

>The hell y'all been?
Always around, always click on these threads when I see them (they're my favorite). Been reading the intro the pentesting book written by that tranny and been hurting my head with reading through googlectf writeups but recently I've started to actually feel like I'm gaining ground in learning about 1337 haxing. Feels good.

>computer forensics
try and compromise tails

idk though, be more specific. Right now you're just saying 'anyone got any ideas for hacking stuff to do'

fuck off

How the fuck do I get the virtual machine from Hacking: The Art of Exploitation to work.

usenix.org/system/files/conference/usenixsecurity18/sec18-yun.pdf

fuzz a set of new/existing executables with bleeding edge grey-box fuzzer. compare to existing fuzzers. find bugs. write an overview of developments in grey-box fuzzing.

there's a project that has minimal programming.

1. I don't fucking know why don't you post your error
2. fuck off and ask in the gnu/linux thread

why are Jow Forums such retards and failures in cybersec. Is it because they're all niggers ?

doesn't look like there's anything you can do at all.
what do you have access to?
do you have fs access?

how did you come to that conclusion?

because, i bet you stupid niggers never hacked anything in your lives. You all should just give up and go work at your local glory hole

what have you hacked, oh superior white man?

i've probably been doing this longer than you have

i don't have access to admin/secret, but i could read bin but not modify it

well; what does it do?

well then in that case i've misjudged you. I think the lesson here is racism is bad folks. Not all niggers have low iqs

I don't know what is a final year project but I did a comparison of multiple techniques of statistical analysis to detect attacks on a LAN for my thesis, I only had to make a small python script to convert some datasets.

nothing it just returns 1

anyway here's the link to the challenge itself
w3challs.com/challenges/challenge64

okay; well it doesn't seem to be using absolute paths.
can you create a binary in /tmp/admin/ for it to read instead?

yeah you can, but i tried that. My guess is i'm supposed to read the "content" buffer. But i have to clue how i could do that. And also ASLR is enabled

>android
>best market share
>muh bloat
>no one trying to haxor it
you guys are really just jerking off to lehachthebox and CTF's instead of real haxoring

Glad to have this thread back. Anyone know anything about ROP? I'm the second to last challenge of ropemporium.com.

Attached: 1523820828150.png (1000x669, 912K)

well execve keeps the UIDs so can you read out admin/secret ?

explain the latter

yeah, I've done a fair bit of ROP in the past

nope, it lowers your privileges before the fork. And i tried creating a bin that can sleep indefinitely and attach gdb to the parent process and read content but that didn't work for some reason

have you tried raising your privs again? if the user is non-root it may be doable.

nope you can't. One question, what happens if execve has null arguments like this execve("/bin/sh", NULL, NULL); Normally you get a warning from this, is there a way to exploit it ?

Oops; misread your post and ended up writing a ROP chain for write4 instead.

#!/usr/bin/perl

$exploit = "\x41"x40;
$exploit .= pack "Q

>OSCP videos

>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f91feb6d2ea93f1c3c03b6be52051c2df72da1b7

Most of the content in this torrent is from many years ago, some as far back as 2006. Is it really still useful?

maybe :)

I'm not having issues. I can figure it out. I'm just seeing if others are doing the same. This is my solution for badchars64. I did mine solution with some bash scripting and my own C programs (xor, radix, big2lil). I'm trying not to be a script kiddie.
pastebin.com/KMZQX1XC

beauty

Thanks, mang. I was up till 5 in the morning tinkering with that script and gdb trying to get it to work. No cheating too, feels good.

Anyone has any kind of ruby standard that he/she follows when making metasploit modules?

Aside of metasploit classes, how to make code more readable in ruby?

wtf was this response

He is acting coy with you
Probably to seduce you into filling his boipucci

Do you guys know another sites like phrack, packetstorm, 2600, textfiles?

What can I install to an Android phone to monitor WhatsApp/other chat apps or to key log it? I have physical access to the phone, but it is not rooted.

Can someone help me with this challenge? shellterlabs.com/en/questions/5-hacking-n-roll/do-what-sherlock-does/ . Ok, so i think that the numbers are DTMF frequencies, but it just give me the numbers: 45620 when trying to decrypt them and the flag is kind of strange.

Can anyone tell me WHY kali is "the hacker distro"?

It's because backtrack was the de facto distro for hackers back in the day; kali rose from the ashes. I use arch.

But why does there need to be one to begin with

Kali has become more than just a distro. You can do some cool things with the image. Also, the packages for kali are tailored for "hacking." You don't have to use it, you know.

>You don't have to use it, you know.
Not like I dont want to, I'm just curious about the distro itself wrt it being specialized for hacking/pentesting

It's literally just Debian but with a collection of pre-installed pentesting tools on the image. This makes it useful for when you need to get some quick and dirty pentesting done and don't want to do it out of your main OS install, or if you usually use windows but need linux-specific tools. Another idea behind it was having all the tools installed locally so you could pentest without having to actually connect to the internet first, say if you want access to a wifi network but need the internet to download the required tools in the first place, Kali would have you covered here. It's also nice for beginners as it has a pretty good selection of tools there for you, so you don't need to already know what the 'standard' is for a specific task.

Also it's a meme. In mr robot they literally just have the default desktop image on random screens at times for no reason, and obviously during the anonymoose days loads of skiddies would download it to be cool haxors.

I have a question. So my roommate has cameras in his house, and I went to see if there was a firmware to download, and Reverse engineer just to pick around in it.

Apparently the only way to update the firmware is through the android app.

My question is, is there a way in wireshark to grab the download link of the firmware?

if it's carried out over https, which it probably is, then no.

>My question is, is there a way in wireshark to grab the download link of the firmware?
>wireshark to grab the download link of the firmware?
>firmware

or not the link maybe the file transfer through whatever protocol?

also, firmware isn't usually (or ever) updated by transferring over new binaries of the firmware altogether, but rather specific upgrade programs that you can't really do much with on their own.

I'm just fucking with you. Use arpspoof, under the package dsniff. See if you can see the stream(tcp not video feed). It shouldn't be https if it's locally managed or not centralized. You can at the very least, cause a DOS attack on the camera.

Hey anons, ArcheryOS fag here, been a while since i have seen this thread. I bring updates.
>ArcheryOS 1.1 Is almost out, im just adding a few more tools (w3af, shellnoob, and nipe)
>v1.1. Will come with an OpenRC version, along with a systemd option.
>Upgraded installer, that gives the user more choice in what DE/WM they want to install, among other things
Anyone have any suggestions for v1.1? anything else i should consider adding?

hey, I'm one of the user's who gave you some suggestions last time, glad to see you're making progress! How difficult is making your own distro, anyway? Do you need a lot of knowledge in C or something?

>How difficult is making your own distro, anyway?
Its not that hard, but it also depends how you go about it. Making a good distro from scratch (LFS) is quite difficult, mainly because you need to list all the installed packages in the package manager database, but by the time you install a package manager, you already have quite a few tools installed. However, I'm just using the arch "archiso" package, which makes it pretty easy (if you are making it with systemd, openrc has been a pain).
>Do you need a lot of knowledge in C or something?
Honestly, its more a good knowledge of bash, and a general understanding of linux in general. At the moment, the main thing i am doing is creating .pkg.tar.xz files for Archery's repo, which is just time consuming, to fix all the deps and everything. I have had to do quite a bit of C debugging when compiling packages for the repo though.

You fool. It's always a kernel panic

I believe the vm used was ubuntu 8. You could always turn off stack protection and disable aslr.

Ah thanks for the info. Maybe I could find something, doubt it though.

I'll give that a shot and see what shows up, its zmodo brand. Its a chink company so I'm sure theres a backdoor or a video feed going back to china.