RGBT support group edition

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: ll-series-rgb-fans-Content-10.gif (768x768, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Fzlue/saved/L2BTBm
pcpartpicker.com/list/6VDsvn
pcpartpicker.com/product/nQc48d/asrock-x470-master-sliac-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-master-sliac
pcpartpicker.com/list/LhvtNQ
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/
pcpartpicker.com/user/mpie3/saved/yKMZRB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for RGB a decent

2nd for air cooled master race

What's a good micro atx case with good airflow that'll house a gtx 1070ti ftw2?

I've been a laptop user my whole life, but i'm thinking about building a desktop.

my question is: is noise a legitimate concern?
are there cases that emphasize performance over sound dampening?
are sound dampening and performance mutually exclusive?

Is it safe to buy used parts from Amazon warehouse?

i want a card that will get me 60fps at 1440p in MHW and DMC5 (the same engine as RE7), and hopefully Soulcalibur 6

is a 1080 enough? Benchmarks say it isnt for MHW but they use ridiculous maxed out settings.

also i can't get any idea what's a good price on these. $400 for a new 1080 seems good but if it goes up on Slickdeals it gets tons of downvotes.

Attached: 13-09-2018-1536851481.jpg (1000x667, 32K)

updated. thoughts now? im starting to care less and less about the i5 9700k unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Attached: b.png (1843x551, 252K)

1080 will be more than fine.

cool, now i just have to hope i can find a good deal on a 1080

Whats the best monitor these days? 1440p or 4k. Wanting to get HDR but it seems computer monitors just can't do it right yet.

Reposting from last threads before the shills get here:
Any suggestions on what a good mini ITX b450 board to buy?
I've been looking into getting a ASUS Strix B450-i but it's 175€. I understand that I'm overpaying for a midrange B450 board, but I'm not buying Gigabyte because i'm unimpressed with my current mobo. Asrock and Msi are budget options, sadly. The RGB on the Strix is quite nice, as well, but I'm not keep on dropping 175€ for a mid-range mainboard.
I'm not against getting an Intel CPU and a good motherboard with it, as long as it's in the same price range.( around 300€ for CPU + MOBO - Mini ITX form factor)

Attached: b450i RGB.jpg (1280x1280, 181K)

MSI mortar is more than enough.

Google it, unironically.

Good luck. I was able to get a 1070ti for 350 (with an ebay coupon) and it auto boosts itself to 1080 speeds. Need to get a 1440p 144hz to justify it though since I'm on a 1080p 60 for now. Split between that and 1080p+high hz or 1440 75hz

some assrock

I really like this case, can I fit a mATX mobo and still profit from two bottom fans?

Attached: img_2721.jpg (725x500, 41K)

Nevermind, found online it was impossible without a mITX

How shitty will a 2600 run if it's paired with 15 CAS RAM

GOOD GOD MILKIE

Fucking love these threads lads

Imagine being that guy that multi-replies people and thinks they are a big computer expert.

Would the 1070ti overlcocked be enough for my needs (1440p 60fps in the games I mentioned)?

Theres one on ebay new for $375 and im tempted

>That
>They
Learn to write in english first m8

this this thread is fucking useless for actually answering peoples questions im going to take it upon myself and answer some questions. show me a (you) and ill answer your question 100% with 100% accuracy and zero bias.

my only conditions:
no laptop questions, i know nothing about them since personally i never found a use for them. tablets/smart phones take their place for me and if i want to "game" while traveling ill just use my switch instead.

how fucking useful or useless is CAS latency, is CL 14 worth $60 premium over CL 15?

actually forget this, im going to just be patient and wait for a deal on a 1080 because I want to last until 7nm cards.

You mean AMD fag? Cause that's AMD fag.

Isn't 1070 ti supposed to be within 5% of 1080?

Does this thing allow rad support in the top yet? Or 25mm thick fans in the bottom?

Does he also make the OP? It seems wildly AMD biased.

the difference between the two are so insignificant for gaming that it doesnt matter. it only matters in workstations and intense multitasking, not for gaming.

thanks, also what the fuck is b-die do I need it

>Tries to correct grammar
>Writes "learn to write in english"
You multi-reply don't you?

There are many AMD niggers out here, and he used to make alot of OP's. But I'm not sure anymore, since he stopped namefagging.

5% of what lol? the 1080TI is a solid 35% faster than a normal 1080. who the fuck said its 5% of a 1070ti?

Honestly I don't even mind AMD, I just hate AMD niggers.

Intel or ryzen

B-die is 3200mhz CL14. You don't need it but it's good

rule of thumb, if you dont know what it is you dont need it.

This

next gen its intel, most powerful CPUs period. ryzen if you just care about value.

can Gundam defeat an Eva? what about a Franxxx?

gundams and evas are basically equal, it comes down to the pilot. idk wtf a franxxx is.

32 to 43 inch 4k 60hz monitor with real HDR 10. Not this HDR 8 plus dithering bullshit.

Go.

My usb devices lag a lot. Especially the more plugged in. Ive dealt with it for a year but I want to fix it now. What could be wrong. Is my power supply too weak? Is my mobo shit?
>msi h81 e34
>evga 500 b
>gtx 770
>i5 4590
>1tb hdd
>250gb ssd
>8bg ram
and a wifi card

Are the Gigabyte Aorus motherboards decent? Want to get a Z390 for upcoming build.

they are above decent. they are really good boards and good value.

It supports 120/140/240/280 rad front and top, fans only available with mITX mobo.

I am a newfag on this board and made the last thread. Just copypasted it.

Does anyone here actually know something about VRMs and VRM phases?

I'm not calling you out. I know it usually get's copypasted, but someone made the original and that was probably AMD nigger

Plug less shit into the USB ports or modify the interrupt requests to prioritize the shit you have plugged in.

Are chink SSD brands like Silicon power or ADATA safe to use?

Thanks. I really like their design but some say that some of the components (especially VRM) have issues. But I'm not going to use it for overclocking immediately.

Which 1060 6GB should i buy?
My options are : Zotac, Gainward, Asus, KFA2, ASUS, PNY , Gigabyte, Palit, Inno3D and MSI. All around the same price. All with Dualfan. Any advice or experiences?

My U2713HM has it's first dead pixel. Whats a good 1440p IPS monitor for gaymen? I have a 1080 Ti.

How far out should I wait in order to get an updated mobo in order to install a 9700k?

Cryorig H7, yes or no

NH-D15 is better

But it's twice as expensive

Fair point.

Why do you need fans on top if heat rises?

...They are exhaust fans right?

what about Dark Rock 4? I just want to oc a 2600 to 4.2ghz and keep it relatively quiet.

Interested in VR but don't know what I should go with, 2080 or 1080ti, there is about a $200-$300 difference here in Australia.

I think RTX is a giant fucking ripoff, but VR is the only realm it seems to drastically outperform the 10xx series.

heat rises but not if you have 140mm fans pulling outside air in, then heat goes out the back through the exhaust fans.

Is a GTX 970 still a good GPU? Are GPU prices still stupid high because of crypto? Is an AMD FX-8350 still a good CPU? Is 8 GB still a good amount of RAM?

Attached: 1537549206052.png (392x309, 180K)

Are z390 mobo worth getting?

Right but in a case with a huge opening on the top, surely the heated air would go right out that hole even without help.

>kinda
>no
>it was never good
>kinda

It does. Look for positive, negative and neutral pressure on Google. Don't listen to him
What are you trying to say?

anyone wanna buy one of these and tell me if it's a scam?
:^)

Attached: 20180923-185615.png (673x961, 318K)

>from Spain

It's a scam

I wouldn't say no, paying fucking still basically above or close to launch prices for 1080ti which is 2 year old tech now. The 1080ti should be $100-$200 cheaper than what it is by this point.

bought 5, very happy with my gaming rig

It still happens even when only 1 thing is plugged in. Never happens on my laptop.

Why is there no 1060 ti?

Help please. Should I just get a z390 instead or?

You’ll be fine

pcpartpicker.com/user/Fzlue/saved/L2BTBm
>is this okay

You already know this, but yes they’re fine to use. No they’re not bulletproof and yes you need a backup.

Mortar isn't mITX. It's mATX.

I really don't know about ITX boards, sorry to say. They all seem a bit eh. But the strix definitely seems to have enough caps to handle the power delivery at least for vcore. I'm not sure how the SoC arrangement is.
It's also nice that it has 2 m.2 slots. That should be a minimum requirement on mITX boards, but some only have 1.

Vega56 does 70+ at 1440p in MHW.
That paired with a 75hz/144hz 1440p Freesync monitor is a good combo.

It's at least like 4 people who post the OP, and I don't know of any of them.
The OP is not AMD biased. Unbiased just favors AMD.
Like how scientists aren't biased just because they say climate change is happening. That's just facts.

Why would there be? 1070 is only around 33-43% more powerful. A 1060Ti would fit too closely to either card.
Do you want it to be like Intel CPUs where there are 52 SKUs and only 1 is worth buying?

No, never I browse g/ cuz sometimes there are interesting threads but I can't stand salty ironic newfags

>pcpartpicker.com/user/Fzlue/saved/L2BTBm
That is a pretty good build except I'd get the G.skill 2800 CL15 @ 1.25v RAM and overclock it manually yourself. You can get better results for cheaper than that RAM there. I'm pretty sure the mentioned G.Skill kit is Samsung E-Die.
You also have an mITX board in a mATX case?

I'd go with a cheaper RX580 as well, though that also means a 400W PSU.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/6VDsvn
Saves $90 and gets a nicer quality case. A bit more for your other RAM if you're not comfortable overclocking yourself.
If you need wifi, that case actually fits full ATX cases. pcpartpicker.com/product/nQc48d/asrock-x470-master-sliac-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-master-sliac is a much cheaper board.
There are also m.2 wifi cards you can get for

I didn't know the 580 could compete with a 1060. I also didn't know you could overclock your RAM, I thought you could just tighten the timings. Neat!

think the price will drop more or is now a good time to buy? Or should I wait for the 1080 to drop in price more?
Sorry if this is the hundredth post about 1070/1080

Attached: Untitled1.png (1510x610, 661K)

this is the lowest we will see them until black friday

Should I even bother going for the 1080 then? I only really plan on playing the next DOOM and Battlefield 5

I got my 2133 CL15 @ 1.2v piece of shit RAM to 2800 CL16 @ 1.4v. Took, dunno, maybe an hour? Plus an overnight test. Actually Ryzen CPUs are so fast that you can do the memtest is more like an hour or so.
You largely just increase the voltage, set frequency, let it do auto timings and boot. Then go back up and see how much you can tighten timings. That G.skill kit should do something like 3333Mhz CL15 fine.

And the RX580 is actually better than the 1060 in DX12/Vulkan games, and a lot of newer more low level games in general. It's got more features and benefits as well. Literally the only downside it's higher power consumption. Unless 1060 is a lot cheaper, RX580 as long as you're getting a decent model is the clear choice.

No.
Also why would you pay as much for Vega56 for a 1070 when Vega56 is like 20% faster?
If it was 1070Ti for that price and you have Gsync already, then sure that's good.
If you're an Nvidia fanboy, it only really makes sense to buy used at the moment.

I am upgrading some parts and want to know if this is a good list. I already have a good monitor and storage, so I just wanted to know if I am fucking something up here. I do not plan to overclock or anything.

pcpartpicker.com/list/LhvtNQ

4k optimization is still a ways off, the 2080ti struggles to maintain 60FPS at 4k. 1440p 144+hz is the way to go right now IMO. 1080ti+2700X @1440p gets me an average 100-120 FPS in Witcher 3 with everything max except hairworks which is off because it's useless.

got a 1060 6GB OC for 160 bucks, good deal? upgrading from 7850 1GB

just bought this, how'd I do for myself
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/

Attached: wew.jpg (725x493, 62K)

>he considers buying Intel in the current year

it's not AMD bias when the competitor is literal shit.

Attached: 1439235049919.jpg (768x1024, 122K)

Your ram sucks bro, get 3200 or 3400.

Whats up with cases not having reset buittons anymore? You seriously expect me to go without a reset button on a windows computer?? are you mad

that 2600 is crying at your RAM choice

If RAM is that speed @ 1.2v and you can OC it further yourself, seems fine except I would have gotten at least the Bazooka board at a minimum.
There's also probably equivalent cheaper SSDS. At least there are in America. like Silicon Power S55 and Team L5 3D.

A lot of people don't like them because they're easy to shut your PC off on accident. Granted, you can just not plug them in then...

You literally keep the power button pressed to force shut down and restart it you turbo autist

hello?

Your board is a pile of shit.

But figure out if it's a power draw or an interrupt problem.

Both can be fixed with either a pci USB card, or a powered USB hub.

pcpartpicker.com/user/mpie3/saved/yKMZRB
Ok so this would be my first build. I know I need a cpu cooler but wondering if anyone had any thoughts. I've been saving for a while so I don't mind spending a little extra on something