C++ users ruined games

C++ users ruined games

Attached: weird hillfrog comic.jpg (1866x1072, 473K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ashleygwilliams
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: GIT_HYPE.jpg (960x480, 91K)

I don't think C++ is in and of itself bad, just the way it is used. If programmers simply allocated larger memory blocks up front, then allocated within those, many problems would simply disappear. I argue this because memory management is a gateway drug to actually thinking about what your program is doing at a lower level. When you're forced to think about memory, you are forced to reason about the cost of higher level problems, and will probably make better decisions as a natural result.

This meme was made by leftards from lainchan or arisuchan.

making abstraction cheap for the programmer to implement hasn't helped things either. in order to bloat up a c program you have to do quite a bit of typing, in c++ you can do it with 4 lines from boost or even stl. my gripe with most modern languages is that they hide the cost of abstraction far too often, and c++ was one of the original trailblazers in this department.

Carmack/id wrote their engines in C++.

Most C++ abstractions are zero cost. And not knowing C++ and/or being a shit programmer is not an argument against C++.

>MUH C++ hate meme
Fuck Rust programmers

>Carmack/id wrote their engines in C++.
The very early 3D games like hovercraft 3D/catacomb 3D, wolfenstein 3D, idtech 1 (doom), idtech 2 (quake 1 and 2), and idtech 3 (quake 3) were written in a combination of C and assembly. It wasn't until doom 3 with the idtech 4 engine they switched to C++.

i fucked a rust programmer once

Children please, there's no need to fight.

Attached: ss_12036337fe569dee7853cdd275808b49c0f7339d.1920x1080.jpg?t=1447360743.jpg (1024x768, 441K)

How big was his bulge?

github.com/ashleygwilliams

there is no such thing as a zero cost abstraction, that's just silly. and i didn't say the abstractions were expensive, i said they were hidden (ie, cheap to implement) which allows any mong who picks up the language to create a massive brittle shitpile with relatively few lines of code. if somebody were actually good with c++ i wouldn't care, but at least 19 of every 20 c++ devs are morons who have no idea what they are doing.

her teeth fan out like a shark. how did you survive?

> there is no such thing as a zero cost abstraction

I think what you're really trying to say is that while the abstractions are zero cost, it permits retards to abuse those abstractions to perform for inefficient things in just a few lines of code.

That's definitely a problem, but that doesn't mean the abstractions aren't zero cost.

they didn't fan out like that until she deepthroated my massive bulge

feelsgoodman

That's easy. Getting fucked by a Rust programmer on the other hand...

Did you fuck a rust programmer too?

yes, exactly. i've seen every common construct in c++ abused horrifically by at least a few of my coworkers. it's not that the language is terrible on its own, it's more that it has opened the door for extreme carelessness farther down the road. you can't blame a nailgun for poking holes in somebodies skull, but that doesn't mean you should give nailguns to retards. the vast majority of people using c++ are retards who should be working in a restricted subset of java or something with greater security.

The whole argument basically boils down do
"I saw shit programmers use C++. Therefore C++ is shit"
Rule number 1: Don't consider retards, ever, in anything.
C++ is a great language for writing very efficient and fast programs IF you're a good programmer.
Every time retards are considered in any decision ever, whether it be design or software direction, the results have ALWAYS been negative for the non retards.
Why do we consider retards? We're supposed to select them out, not encourage their existence.

>there is no such thing as a zero cost abstraction
Yeah you don't know what you're talking about. You're just regurgitating memes you heard from C programmers now.

I get fucked by a rust programmer every time I start firefox!

Thanks for reminding us that the left can't meme

>C++ users ruined games
Says the guy who never had to put with C shitters who tied their game speed to the CPU frequency.

Attached: 1537667843430.jpg (250x250, 7K)

He also mentioned how he was unsure about the usefulness of all the tricks of c++ compared to just using plane c.

He also recently ported Wolfenstain to Haskell.

almost all of her repositories are forks with nothing else done in them, wtf

great use of chris sawyer to make a point

yeah but she was a really nice fuck

I don't understand why anyone would voluntarily use C++. They are either much, much smarter than I am (doubtful) or crazy.

Have low level concerns? Write C. Need to do dynamic and high-level things too? Embed lua, or better, scheme.

Node.js

Not a fan. But you know, I'd probably use it over c++. I can compile scheme to JS more easily than I can to c++.

Everyone in game dev uses C++ or higher. The obvious answer is that you are are crazy, but, of course, you will never be able to realize that.

I never undestand what you need to know to be a gamedev, if you know c++ should you be able to make a game or no? I want to get into gamedev but should I learn c++ from a book or from tutorials oriented to a game engine like unreal.

>undestand
fuck :DDDD it 1 am plz no bully

>lagging is not a big c++ problem

Kys

Please stop equating low level languages with that nasty women.

Attached: 1534865666344.png (1200x1400, 502K)

Why the fuck are we having so many "C++ is shit" threads during the past two days?

>touching frogs
no thanks

Rust faggots are insecure

Attached: 51742895-48E6-4601-99EF-20D27FAACDA3.jpg (570x833, 130K)

Because i want to write C but I also want generics and lambdas.

C++ is literally the game dev language unless you use unity.

>If programmers simply allocated larger memory blocks up front, then allocated within those, many problems would simply disappear.

Checked and noted. I will start doing this in my own code.

Attached: johann.png (345x346, 111K)