Why is it so hard to get a programming job lads?

Why is it so hard to get a programming job lads?

Attached: 1537312073866.png (1600x900, 207K)

What do you know? I have a programming job.

The most important thing is just knowing languages and problem solving skills.

It's because you thought you could fuck around in college and get a job without devoting your free time to programming.
> empty github
> no personal projects
> low to mediocre gpa
> no internships
> shit social skills

Usually because of a lack of skills

Basically this, programming is not a free ride and you cannot coast it unlike some ivy kid with this rich parents

>you aren't a normie chad who spent all his free time going to parties AND programming at the same time? get fucked and starve lmao

I dunno where you live but i literally receive 6+ interview offers every day on linkdin

> protip: never say your unnemployed in your linkdin profile even if you are

Thing is you arnt Chad so either get to work or get to the roof of a building

Literally this

Graduated from a CC this past spring and spent all summer taking adderall and buffing up my github and now I'm doing bounties and had Google invite me to their foobar shit

There was a video I watched like a year ago on how to get hired at big companies and basically the guy was just saying that you have to nolife it and just constantly crank out projects since the more you do the better you get each time

>tfw going to a shity college for a programmer course
>math course consists of business shit
>spent two classes going over primitives in our intro to java course
>webdev course consists of learning about 4 tags over 1 hour
Breh, I already have some programming knowledge I'd just like to know what your most complex projects on GitHub are. I want to have some idea of what it takes to land a nice job.

Attached: JFMSU.jpg (560x768, 50K)

A lot of people say to study, practice, etc. That's true to an extent, but the real answer is that your brain has to be "wired" for it, you need to be flexible and adaptable, and you need a certain level of communication skills.

Here's some examples of how candidates fail:

>past the technical portions with 100% success
>get very nervous when speaking
>completely lost it when presented with an unfamiliar problem, even when allowed to use the internet to look for answer

>masters in cs
>lots of internship
>pretty impressive resume
>completely failed the technical portion which should've been very easy

>a lot of degrees
>solve problems very rapidly
>obviously gifted
>unfortunately, English was really bad

Err... I hope you will be getting paid 200k+ because otherwise that is ridiculous. Programming as a job is fucking shit as you will find out. Killing yourself before you even start is ridiculous.

sounds like the life.

Can't you just add the hw and projects you had to do to your github?

>inb4 everyone does that and now you're back in the same spot

Well I mean they should be different quantity != quality.

by programming you JUST mean programming right, not IT or any sort of other tech field
i'm not going to be jobless coming out of college with a CS degree right

Attached: 1536867878952.jpg (842x944, 111K)

Honestly, its not that bad.
>be me
>be in CC
>CS dept basically defunct
>get a internship at eBay
>fast forward 6 months
>get a mid-level gig
>quit because fuck the MEAN stack and JS as a whole.
>80k before taxes in pay.

I don't have high aspirations, I just want something with passable pay that doesn't drain me to death.

Ausfag here

How easy do you think it'll be with paid internship experience (during the christmas holidays) throughout my entire degree?

Attached: 1537112549259.jpg (284x284, 23K)

i should also mention that i'm employed by the uni as a tutor

You say that now but you have never had to go use Javascript for the backend and being surrounded by pajeets who got hired purely out of nepotism where your job is on the line of them getting their shit done.

>Why is it so hard to get a programming job lads?
What the fuck are you talking about? It's easy as fuck.

Optimally I'd like to work from home but I'm sure that's a total fucking pipe dream.

I applied for two jobs after I graduated and got offers from both, stop being a brainlet OP.

You need to be a minority.

>Be me still on college IT.
>Apply for few jobs
>Previous to college, I've done lots of practice with the help of the youtube
>All 3 job positions I applied for, get an call
>Know everything they want (binary tree optimization, linked lists, recursion, etc..), keep in mind I don't have previous experience in workforce
>Got offered mid to senior position even I'm junior
>Oh its webdev too

Life is good lads, you just gotta grind it a bit. I'm already making insane amounts, triple the average in my country, and I am still in college.

Did they not offer you a position after the internship ?

It isn’t.

>can't even get a helpdesk job

Attached: 1526683561825.jpg (355x449, 70K)

>be me
>sheltered Canadafag
>send off applications to unis
>Get accepted into Waterloo, Lethbridge and Saskatchewan
>Go take compsci at UofS

What the fuck was I thinking. Jokes on them I tried killing myself and found religion/art. Now I make robots, server software and paint.

But being in Saskatoon, there's no goddamn tech jobs here.

Anyone have some ideas on projects to work on that I can put on github? Projects that will actually impress employers?

A driver of some sort. Doesn't need to be complex or anything, and can even be a userspace driver.

You got a link to that video?

Because you’re not that good of a programmer. Up your skills pajeet.

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks user

>Saskatoon
My first thought was that childhood TV scam cartoon 'Skatoony' that I wasted £5 of my Nan's money on.
Fuck you.

>Get accepted into Waterloo
>Go take compsci at UofS
wtf, why didn't you go to the school with the best coop for STEM shit? of course there are no tech jobs in fucking Saskatchewan lmao

IT, sysadmin, security, and various other tech positions exist too you know?

You waited too fucking long

Well, yes, people only tolerate autists if they have something particularly valuable to offer to compensate for their social ineptitude. So you can be a mediocre normie programmer or a good autistic programmer, but nobody wants a fizzbuzz expert who faints every time a meeting takes more than 15 minutes.

"hey here you go 3000 bucks a month for you to write a bunch of bullshit, thank you!"