Is this language a meme? I hope not.

Attached: rust.png (600x600, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rust-lang/rust/search?q=madoka&unscoped_q=madoka
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Golang is the meme language. Rust is extremely based if you are not brainlet

enjoy CoC cock

both golang and rust are meme languages forced by their respective mother corps. nothing will replace c, thought c may change to be more safe.

why do retards who never wrote a single line of code keep commenting here?

>Developed and used by Mozilla Foundation
Dead on arrival

go already replaced C for C's foremost exponents

go would have replaced C for C's creator, too, had he not died. his favourite language was limbo, which is rather like go.

nothing is forever. I'm not a real programmer but I think C's time is gone. Unless you're programming something low level. It's time let it go.

ok you start rewriting or wrapping all the libraries and frameworks for us....go

You've just violated the CoC shitlord!!!!

tell me more about go being a systems language.
it's only good for one thing: concurrency. when you need to spawn new threads in a client-server app, then yeah, why not use go.

but you could just as well use all that development time for creating golang to make a safe c library doing that. it would work just as well. every gripe there is about c can be fixed with proper tooling and libraries. all those new-fangled languages have the necessary tools and libs baked into the lang and stdlibs, while c actually gives you choice. you can't shoot yourself in the foot with a toy gun, but you can't shoot your enemy with it too.

tiresome

golang concurrency is not real concurrency, it's something like a retarded and much slower runtime version of libuv embedded into your go binary

if you want real concurrency use Rust or use its based asynchronous library called tokio, golang is a total meme

why would i use rust when it's just c with gdb and valgrind forced onto me?

>Rust is just c with valgrind

you know what, I don't even what to say, you win, retardation wins

You have no idea what you're talking about, fucking mongoloid.

it's either you prove me wrong or STFU

oh, isn't it? what's the reason for existence of rust? memory safety. rust tracks lifetime of variables internally. what does valgrind do? the same.

Maybe learn the difference between compile-time and run-time as concepts before you start spamming your retarded opinions over the internet?

longer compilation times vs longer testing times. no difference, since both are done before deployment.

Attached: 1537739609188.jpg (921x640, 100K)

there's no run-time cost either, because valgrind is an external tool, working on compiled binaires by replacing memory allocation routines. but go on, continue your ad personam. why not hide the ugly truth about shitty rust compilation times and ram hogging while you're at it?

why not tell people that compiling rust itself on i386 arch no longer works because it uses more memory than addressable limit?

hey vsauce, Michael here

three years since 1.0
still shit libs/no adoption

any purported advantages are not worth the burdens of using a new language. Also pozzed to all heck.

>i386
>2018
what else? Rust cannot compile itself in PDP-11? fuck off retard

yes its shit, basically javascript native. look at any project and how the syntax looks like, this will never replace C, all this does is turn your brain into a safe space where daddy compiler will hold your hand.

let cancer = some_shitty_variable.into()
.map()
.wrap()
.unwrap()
.expect()

stop bashing Rust in every post you null pointer shill faggot

Stop creating 10 shill threads per hour for your language most people don't care about

The 32-bit architecture, not the actual CPU, faggot.

I know it is a fucking architecture, retard

who cares about compiling anything to this shit

go read Agner Fog manuals then come back

github.com/rust-lang/rust/search?q=madoka&unscoped_q=madoka

What did they mean by this?

golang isn't relevant to rust discussion at all

What kind of retarded shit is this.

There is no place for Go in a Kernal. It was made as an internal project at Google to keep some of the retards from fucking up their C++ code bases.

As fast as sepples, infinitely safer and better design than sepples(safer than many managed languages even), still allows low level stuff to write kernels, not a hobby project, already used in some big projects. Cniles will stick to C obviously but for sane people writing performance intensive applications there's no reason to not use it - for everything else there's Python.

>oh, isn't it? what's the reason for existence of rust? memory safety. rust tracks lifetime of variables internally. what does valgrind do? the same.

Exactly this

If you ever used C for the tasks Go was developed for you've been coaxed into snafu, big time.

64-bit has a slight overhead compared to 32-bit so 32-bit CPUs are usually used in embedded systems.

>As fast as sepples, infinitely safer and better design than sepples
As safe as Rust, infinitely faster and better supported than Rust.
Look, I can shill too!

it was a preemptive jab to all the 'just use go' posts

How can it not be a meme?

Only one company is pushing it and it doesn't interop with anything unique or useful.

rust fully supports 32bit, nobody but purists care that you have to cross-compile the rust compiler for 32bit systems

rustaceans explain all the usecases with retarded shit like that. "who needs linked lists? who needs to compile on 32-bit arch? who needs fast compile times?"
their faggotry knows no bounds.

Rust has linked lists. Rust can compile on 32bit.

>sepples
>safe
You went out of bounds while typing this post I see.

>hurr compiling the rust compiler takes over 3gb of RAM
And how much does compiling gcc take?

just when i thought there were more good reaction images with text

The programing language of the future is called CoCk.

see and what do you mean rust doesn't have fast compile times? just because it's not the fastest doesn't mean it's not fast. and anyone who really gives a shit about what they're working on knows that runtime performance is what really matters unless compile time is absurdly long (which it isn't)

I want incel/pol/ to leave or at least finish university.

>not a hobby project, already used in some big projects
based and rustpilled

Attached: friends of rust.jpg (939x511, 42K)

Real question here.

Couldn't C/C++ compilers just enforce similar safety rules that Rust's compiler does?

Attached: 1527199630726.png (595x547, 289K)

No. Even if they could It would break all existing code, even the stuff in the standard library. C/C++ either depends on or promotes inherently unsafe code.

How would it break all existing code? I thought legacy C++ would still run, and even new C++ written in an unsafe style should still be able to compile with a simple --unsafe flag.

Rust has stronger guarantees because the language is missing things like goto that are harder to verify. You can either have false flags (which wont compile) or you can't guarantee safety. It's a direct extension of the halting problem.

>implying languages matter

Concepts matter, languages are literally interchangeable with minor effort. Except for the massive wealth of libraries that have been created over the years for older languages, if you can use one(or more) of them for your project.

Actually, yes it could, and it wouldn't even be a language feature but a library. Look at Jonathan's Müller proof of concept C++ borrow checking. The thing is you don't have to use something THIS strict to provide zero-overhead runtime memory safety in C++ (same could be the case for Rust if toolchains develop). I don't know what kind of kool-aid Rust fanboys drank regarding to what they call safety but that's really not what would make the language special.

Much, safe code... Well... That's what you need when you don't remember anything?

If Rust supporters wrote libraries instead of making social media hype, it would be far much more popular. It almost seems they have SJW background.

I'm not sure yet.

I really feel there is something intrinsically wrong with the borrow checker, the fact that you end up fighting the compiler to make sure you don't make any illegal mutations feels wrong.

You get used to it. I almost never hit the borrow checker anymore.

Jeez, how fucking retarded are you ?

Try googling what concurrency is before you start making an ass of yourself.

90% of the Rust userbase are SJW's in academia, of course they are more interested in social identity politics than actually coding.

If we pay people to port all of C/C++ ecosystem into Rust, and maintain them.

Rust won't be a meme, but that won't happen.

>currysoftware
oh no

yes - after a lot of butthurt, some autists even managed to make linked lists without unsafe! of course the code is fucking slow and atrocious.
no - rust does not compile on 32-bit systems, because it tries to use more memory than is addressable. that's why openbsd devs told rust evangelization strike force to fuck off.

Rust's linked lists are exactly the same as in any other language and has always been like that. You're confusing it with doubly linked lists, which do require unsafe.
>rust does not compile on 32-bit systems
Rust's compiler doesn't. You can cross compile it elsewhere and use it on your 32 bit system however you want. There's plenty of projects that won't compile on a 32 bit systems anymore - any modern web browser for example. Should we stop using them as well, along with the languages used to create them?

it's either you prove me wrong or STFU, go concurruncy doesn't mean parallelism at all, it is something like libuv without being asynchronous

> I'm not a real programmer
Yeah, you must be a real brainlet if you think that C is dead. C will probably the last language to die and interest in C has only increased in recent years.

No it's not. It's pretty useful and comfy to wrote code in

You don't even need unsafe for double linked lists. Just wrap your Nodes into an Rc and implement it like you'd do in Java or something.

>90% of the Rust userbase are SJW's in academia
[citation needed]

>CurrySoftware
I N T H E L O O
N

T
H
E

L
O
O

>that won't happen
it happened with older stuff like Fortran, I don't see why not (other than Rust being a meme)

Hopefully non-lexical lifetimesp will improve the situation. Any rustfags played with them?

quick rundown please on non-lexical lifetimes

>let cancer = some_shitty_variable.into()
>.map()
>.wrap()
>.unwrap()
>.expect()

you can write shitcode in any language

>expect
>wanting your program to panic! when it doesn't have to
I hope people don't do this.

it's why i'll never contribute to the language or anything

doesn't stop me using it though