Hacker News mods BTFO by LULZ.com

lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/

KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL
KILL
ILLL

Attached: esr.png (645x677, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=I don't understand the fuss
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=why not just fork it and remove the CoC
qz.com/646467/how-one-programmer-broke-the-internet-by-deleting-a-tiny-piece-of-code/
youtube.com/watch?v=v5VvJiNUCIA
tedunangst.com/flak/post/are-you-now-or-have-you-ever-been-a-homophobe
archive.is/a42vS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gpsd
lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/67717177/#q67717612
n-gate.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i want linux to burn down just to see what happens lmao

what did the HN mods do?

Attached: CPL Tweet 6.png (599x321, 73K)

A bunch of regular submitters added it and it got purged every time as a "non-story"

you mean they submitted the above link? Probably the domain "lulz.com" makes it seem like "fake news"

Attached: CPL Tweet.png (608x345, 78K)

Seems stupid, it's a premium domain and an important story nobody else would cover.

The left ALWAYS censors anything that challenges their worldview.

Attached: uh oh.png (951x427, 18K)

haha remember when the right did/does that as frequently

I don't understand the fuss. It's open source so why not just fork it and remove the CoC

>hi I'm ESR
>most of you know me because I'm an uberhacker and one of the most most profound philosophers of our time
>also a historian, etnographer and game theorist
>let me casually mention I wrote "cathedral and the bazaar" 20 years ago, in case you don't remember my only accomplishment in life other than fetchmail which even fewer people remember

Who the fuck cares about this cringeworthy motherfucker's opinion about anything.

it's sad really

>I'M AN ORNATE WINGLESS DRAGONKIN WITH NO TALENT WHO WILL GLADLY MAKE THE LOGO FOR YOUR PROJECT AS LONG AS I GET TO PLAY DESPOT AND KICK OUT ALL THE BIGOTS WHO DONT RESPECT MY PRONOUNS

>right
>censoring
With what? Where does the right even have the power to censor someone since the 1980s?

...why not just fork it and remove the CoC?

Attached: confused-man.jpg (660x371, 32K)

why are leftists so rude

yeah it's really telling that these fags can't get a single actual lawyer to comment on the situation (protip: it's because it wouldn't work)

Do you think everyone that uses it (including companies) will switch over to your fork?
In fact, do you think that more than 1% of people will switch over to it if you're lucky?

warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=I don't understand the fuss

Well, why not just fork it and remove the CoC?

Attached: senior-man-shrugging-his-shoulders-8775727.jpg (1300x1150, 91K)

You don't know shit about what's going on

Concentrated shilling campaign looks semi-automated.
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=why not just fork it and remove the CoC

It would work actually. Pick any random district judge.

huh makes me think

>fork it and remove the CoC
This is what every tranny does

>KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL

Attached: images.jpg (299x169, 10K)

Even without that, at no point in time did anyone ever cede ownership of their code over to the Linux project. Is there a signature anywhere showing transfer of copyright? No? Then the original owner retains full rights over their code and its usage under copyright law.

>not 9 times
job(1)

>those mentally ill people are damage controlling in here
holy shit, thats fucking pathetic

DAS RITE
CEASE AND DESIST YOUR COCING, SJWS

OR WATCH CORE COMPONENTS OF THE KERNEL THAT RUNS THE WORLD GET YANKED OUT FROM UNDER YOU

AND NEVER FORGET, ITS ON YOU
ALL WAS WELL UNTIL YOU DID THIS, YOU ARE THE AGGRESSORS, BASICALLY RAPISTS

ebin fail

Attached: kek.png (637x533, 29K)

This

Good thing ESR has nothing to do with the Linux Kernel development.

Another baseless threat.

Say they get an activist judge in there to set some precedent that you can't rescind code contributions. What's to stop me from saying that the code was written by a friend and I committed it without their consent? At that point the "original author" had no idea that their code was being used in the project and it's impossible to claim that they somehow gave up their rights to it. If it wasn't removed it'd be straight up theft.

Holy shit
'
I'm posting that on the article comments to hopefully light some fires

qz.com/646467/how-one-programmer-broke-the-internet-by-deleting-a-tiny-piece-of-code/

Programmers have a right to revoke

desu there are two things wrong here.

a) You can literally KILL a TRAP in Linux.
b) TRAPs are considered INTERRUPTS which is rude and disrespectful to TRAPs.

right in general is way more tolerant than the left..

the left of today standars is just nazism mixed with some marxism they do not tolerate anything that doesnt agree with them

Timcast has done a video on this story

Unfortunately before the new development but it's got like 60k views already

youtube.com/watch?v=v5VvJiNUCIA

I wonder if mr roach could have sued npm for copyright infringement and breach of contract for billions, given how much stuff depended on his code.

>i dyed my hair and slit my dick, now gibs monies you cishet transphobe or i'll piss aids on you

tedunangst.com/flak/post/are-you-now-or-have-you-ever-been-a-homophobe
When will Linux people catch up with respecting others' opinions no matter who the "others" are?

LINUX PEOPLE INVENTED WHAT BECAME AN INDUSTRY

WHY SHOULD THEY BEND TO THIS HYSTERIA DU JOUR

OH LOOK AT THE TIME, ITS 2018 TIME TO SHIT UP ANOTHER COMMUNITY

SHOVE YOUR COC UP UR ASS SJWS

Attached: 1437610595427.jpg (2404x1260, 827K)

>>>(((others)))

did you even read the fucking article I linked before jumping to conclusions you literal faggot

what the fuck is wrong with these CoC lovers?

Why aren't Nazis developing their own kernel?

Attached: pol meetup.jpg (461x346, 32K)

>SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER
nice site i'm not going to open

Ted runs his own cert
Would you rather trust him, or "TUBITAK_Kamu_SM_SSL_Kok_Sertifikasi_-_Surum_1"?

Attached: imgur-2018_09_24-14:39:34.png (1109x345, 77K)

Fucking based
Jesus Christ how can openBSD scout them all like that?

>tedunangst.com/flak/post/are-you-now-or-have-you-ever-been-a-homophobe
don't want to deal with some certificate issue? there is the archived page
archive.is/a42vS

Having done a fair amount of archive analytics for Jow Forums I'm convinced shit like this is actually the work of the mentally ill rather than some organized conspiracy. If you want to see what a campaign looks like look up all the trap recruitment threads on Jow Forums's archive.
The sort of person that does this is the sort of person compelled to make the same thread, with the same images and stock replys ad nauseum. It's compulsive behavior. Like the one autist in twitch chat that just repeats his question 500 times because he wants the streamer senpai to notice him. It's something akin to histrionic personality disorder, they need the attention and if they find a way to get it they'll keep doing it and doing it until it finally stops working.

>Unfortunately before the new development
???

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gpsd

I've seen pics from actual Jow Forums meetups. They're all mexican looking mystery meats plus a handful of asians and whites and 1 black guy.

>lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/
>Part of Linus’ email was written in an editor that inserts smart quotes, something he has never done in his entire email history.
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/67717177/#q67717612

Who is copying stuff where?

Attached: pol meetup 3.jpg (4032x3024, 3.79M)

meant to say that Jow Forums comment is down the bottom of that "lulz" page. Others look familiar too.

It's been ESR's shtick to larp as the ultimate authority on all things free/open source because of "muh brilliant bazaar allegory" since long before pink hair and slitting dicks were even a thing.

Now that I think about it, his insufferable faggotry, self-importance and complete lack of any technical achievements/contributions make him pretty similar to all those pink-haired trans dykes, actually.

>Part of Linus’ email was written in an editor that inserts smart quotes
Stop spreading this nonsense.
You can type proper typographic quotes ("smart quotes") in any text editor or shell running on Xorg. “”

Nobody knows and I'm surprised nobody's done a story just on the mysteries around that ousting. All the articles I read read like copypasta from a CoC lover press release and had no mention of any of the funny business.

>If you want to see what a campaign looks like look up all the trap recruitment threads on Jow Forums's archive
holy shit my sides, there are people that still actually take that entire thing seriously? good god man, it was just bored people from some minecraft discords going along with a trolling idea from reiko; it was so fucking effective that people kept it up and mutated it (leaks!, blackmail!, suicides!) until t_d redditors got so assflustered you resorted to doxing; hell you even got a Jow Forums mod in on it

t. guy who watched the entire thing laughing my ass off

Attached: 1514026476300.jpg (1200x923, 144K)

Oh. I copied some interesting finds in there for more eyeballs
like this

I was not even talking about that comment itself, just that OP's site is copypasting Jow Forums comments, which was admitted here so whatever I guess.

Anyway, the reason that is a red flag is Linus as gone off at people in the past for using Unicode characters that look like ASCII characters, then going on to tell them to fix their email client so they don't get sent out.

Someone like that doesn't just start typing with pretty unicode quotes because they look nice out of the blue, especially when something like this is going down.

>how about setting up a right-wing or at least anti-lgbt madness community/server?

The server will get raided and taken down by (((them))) legaly for any blurry reason. Even if not, there will be no way to pay for the service because Banking/PayPal/etc. is also owned by (((them))) and they got a history of shuting it down.

>I can still use my own computer over a cable/dsl/phone line that's still neutral enough to allow it. It might be slower but can be done.

No, actually that's even worse. Everything previously mentioned still applies, only the raid will be in your home/office and they'll also take all storage media/computer/mobiles with them by default in hope to find something incriminating but mainly to disable your ability do anything. "He can't go online if he has no line".

Also, before all that, your server will be DDoS'd like no tommorow.

>Nah, things can't be THAT bad! You're just exaggerating thing. Someone I know some guy that has a site with quite some shady things and noone cares.

... does his name end with "berg" or "stein"?

>Indeed his nam..... waaaaait, I'm not going there! keep your nazi stuff to yourself!

*sight* I'm already so accustomed to conversations turning out like this that I'm even geentexting it. Fuck, gas the kikes!

Attached: Depressed-Pets-How-to-Help-a-Dog-with-Depression4-1021x580.jpg (1021x580, 107K)

Underrated post, made me kek

>because Banking/PayPal/etc. is also owned by (((them))) and they got a history of shuting it down.
They shut down Alex Jones across ALL services including Paypal and he's a beloved (among normal people, even the ones who disagree with him) american icon. Imagine what they could do to you if they pretend you're gamergate 2.0. The world has changed a lot in the last year or so. Anglin was the precedent.

Time to fight fire with fire.

Attached: 1322950098363.jpg (274x427, 52K)

>hackernews
Lol that cancer n-gate.com gives you all the hacker news you need without the dick waving

Cool cuz it's censored there as well

So it's actually possible.

There's a reason nobody will cover it and why HN censors it. Has nothing to do with the domain name the entire valley is on full damage control

>There's a reason
Such as?

Political damage control.
Sam Altman already got in major shit, simply for writing on his blog that he felt more at liberty to have political conversations.. in China of all places than he did back home in SF.

By voluntarily contributing your code under a FOSS license you gave everyone an irrevocable license to your code. You can change the license in the future versions of the software but retroactively changing the license of previous versions is probably not legal.