Why isn't there HDR for sound?

Why isn't there HDR for sound?

Attached: hdr-logo.jpg (600x360, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
noiseaddicts.com/audio/do3not3link/16000hz.wav
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 262px-Flac_logo_vector.gif (262x130, 5K)

Attached: slza5xaljuypmtrtgnbo.jpg (893x893, 56K)

There is.. But audio engineers mix shit now to have low dynamic range. Look up the loudness war

Dolby Atmos?

That's not the same as HDR
HDR in sound is possible.
Just look at the DR value.

Unfortunately, most records now are fucked with loudness war

there is and has been for decades now? The fact is that must music is mixed and produced in the 48khz as they people who do the work typically are 40+ and have some hearing damage from their professional work.
>HDR in sound is possible
sure its possible to record and create sound in 192khz and up but what is the benefit? You can do a simple google search and find pages where you can listen to classical music in low to very high ranges and honestly for the untrained you really cant tell the difference when going over the 48khz. Sure some audio nerds will be able to tell the difference but even they get lost when going into the real highs.

do you even know what dynamic range means shithead, it has nothing to do with sampling rate

Because ears have shit resolution and 16 bit 48 khz is already beyond the limits of human hearing. Limits of seeing is about 1:100 000 000 per channel ie 96 bit color, resolution-wise that's 24k picture over entire field of view.

HDR is a buzzword.

read this OP
xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I am no audio faggot but go on tell me what it means then shithead :^)

The only difference youre hearing is aliasing, all it means is that your DAC is shitty.

see dynamic range = difference between loudest and quietest sound (limited by number of "bits", ie how large a digital number can be represented in each sample, binary counting 2^n - 1 kind of thing)

sample rate = shannon-nyquist theorem, highest frequency you can sample is 1/2 the sampling rate. humans can only hear up to 20 kHz if they're lucky so having a sample rate over 40 kHz is mostly pointless

Adults past age of 25 can't hear beyond 16 khz. That's purely to do with cochlea geometry change with maturation.

I hear past 18 000

HDR doesn't matter when the color grading of every 4k blu ray is complete and utter dogshit below even the most amateur standards.
Checkmate atheists.

I'm 34 and I could quite easily hear this:
noiseaddicts.com/audio/do3not3link/16000hz.wav

17khz I could tell there was a sound but not like 16 or lower.

>every single professional colorist out there is full of shit, I can tell from my uncalibrated midrange sony tv when the sun is not glaring on it
>every professional mastering studio out there is full of shit, I can tell from my hd600 and schiit stack
when did this trend start

I quoted 16 khz as the point where hearing starts to drop off sharply, not an absolute limit. With enough volume you can hear normally inaudible frequencies anyway, but such volume would deafen you immediately. So it's more like "can't hear past about 16 khz on otherwise acceptable loudness levels." Pardon any misnomers.

>so bad a 12 year old can do better with sony vegas
>gee why do people think pros are doing an awful job
Facsimiles of what the film looked like in theater are very easily compared to fucked up blurays.
See also DNR.

hrtf

lol impractical and unconvincing (from someone with an msc in spatial audio)