UPDATE NOW

microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2018/09/24/office-2019-is-now-available-for-windows-and-mac/

UPDATE NOW

Attached: 800px-Microsoft_Office_2019.png (800x520, 309K)

Other urls found in this thread:

code.google.com/archive/p/aeroshot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're not even trying anymore are you

Word is fucking trash software for normie secretaries. I inherited technical documentation in Word and it's a complete disaster.

So what's the option you mingus

is it on zamunda yet

Only boomers still use this software.

There are literally no alternatives to excel

Latex documents written in vim on pure black background with pure white text.

vim, LaTeX, both

Are you fucking serious you mongoloid

>there's no way to create xml files without excel
Wrong, there are various ways, including online tools and a literal barebones text editor, among many others

As expected of a winbabby
Why aren't you on reddit? It's not that Jow Forums is on good terms with technology, but every little bit counts, so fuck right off

Can you still not wrap text in PowerPoint?

You haven't used excel ever, have you?

Anything interesting?

Probably these weekends, I'm still writing my paper these weekdays.

More telemetry and machine learning

I have edited and created a bunch of xml files in vim to feed them into Weka for classification
Have you ever used anything than locked down proprietary bloated shit?

>Let's use something cool, so I can boast about myself, because the only difference between me and a normal rock is fucking memes
Do a brain scan. Maybe you will discover a mental illness.

>let's use something cool
Oh yes I'm certain that everyone writes their thesis on fucking word these days
Especially people on fucking CS/CE
Who are you even advertising this shit to, you fucking cuck?

Attached: 1528633104363.jpg (1024x305, 30K)

Had you ever tried to explain anything remotely being able to be called "alternative" to another user, who have dealt his life with Excel so far?

It is all easy and nice, if you sit behind your own stuff. In business, you have literally no alternative to Excel with all of its numerous glitches and bugs.

Confluence

extremely based

Excel is like pic related, it can do a lot of things, but every one of them is done better in a different piece of software.
The only reason it's so used is because of boomers that unironically believe that's a good thing.

Attached: Wenger-16999-Swiss-Army-Knife-Giant.jpg (1204x848, 193K)

So why are you on Jow Forums? Everyone here has tried some alternative in their life
Tell Microsoft to send more PR to reddit, not here
>in business
Perhaps the shitty job you work for
Where I work, we don't use google services, forget about microshit shit

>So why are you on Jow Forums?
Not that guy but where the did this come from? He was talking to people in general, not himself.

Because he started talking about the userbase of excel, which are definitely not Jow Forums by any stretch of the imagination

Based on?

Lurk more

Don't go there

MS new Cloud Clippy™ 365™ where Microsoft autocompletes your documents, based on what time you start typing and everything we (and Adobe) know about you already. Can't be fucked making your own Powerpoint? We don't blame you. Come and browse The Microsoft Store, where we sell every document ever produced by previous customers, with the author tag blanked out. Microsoft Office 365 2019 420 edition™ - Because, no cunt makes a viable alternative, not really.

Ok, try this then
Even if we were to say half of Jow Forums uses windows, I can make a pretty good argument that less than 5% of Jow Forums have an office job and their it's their office's sysadmin that has to update MS office anyways, so it doesnt matter for them either
How many people on Jow Forums do you expect, on average, to work on Excel spreadsheets at home? Give me a rough percentage

What are the millennials using these days?

I'm bad at estimates and coming up with realistic sounding bullshit.

lolnothankyou

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 1.49M)

1994 millennial here. I use a mix of microsoft office and google docs.

This is how I can tell you don't have a job.

Libreoffice.

why haven't you caught stds and died already, yulia

Libre/Open Office is plenty. MS bloatware no thanks.

Did you know not all jobs imply doing shite in office applications?

Does outlook 2019 finally have global inbox? Can't believe they keep leaving that out.

Why would I?

>Perhaps the shitty job you work for

In the majority of companies, be they big or small, you have a hard time to get people adjusted to anything else than MS Office products.
This is just a fact, nothing one has to become mad about.

I work as a business intelligence consultant and tried to get people involved with alternatives for almost a decade now - it never worked. It might work, if a coding monkey has to use it.
But in 99% of all cases, you have the random "T. 50 year old normie" who works in administration and needs to be able to use the stuff in about one month. After the first couple of days handling the program, the specifications AND teaching the normie, anyone would shoot himself.

notepad

White knight here. Respect the few women on Jow Forums.

MS Office is bloated.

>confluence
>good documentation tool
may as well use fucking sharepoint

>MS Office is bloated.
It takes less than half a second to open every office application at the same time on my SSD.

Attached: her-she.jpg (1600x842, 872K)

How the fuck do I install Word and Excel without getting updates for all other Office components every fucking month?

I will never ever install god damn Visio or Skype for Business.

>brainlet.tiff

Attached: x.png (1878x510, 126K)

shhhhh ne kazvai na Jow Forums za zamunda

Has google docs caught up yet?

Attached: gd.jpg (768x576, 29K)

Fuck cloud

So again, what do you think the demographic on Jow Forums is?

That's exactly what I did. I've only INSTALLED what I need, but the monthly UPDATES are for everything.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm using Office 2016. When I had 2010 there were no such problems.

It is not cloud, this is the desktop Microsoft Office 2019, faggot

>windows claims to love open source and linux
>won't sell their products on linux.

because they know office and legacy software are the only thing holding people in their shitty os

People who cannot code.

People lookin for help putting together a computer.

Maybe it is ranging from rookies to intermediates to professionals who make a living with this stuff for years and years?
This is not /pol, where everyone is a retard.

Attached: sophisticat9.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>When I had 2010 there were no such problems.
Lies. When I had 2010 I only picked Word/Powerpoint/Excel and I still got updates for Outlook and Access. It was Windows 7 so I just hid the updates every time they came up.

Markdown or just text documents. Literally no reason to use anything more for technical documentation.

>no tabs

Mc Fucking kill yourself Micropeen

When can I get a key for less than 20USD on ebay? If I don't want to bother with cracks..

Enjoy paying for keys that violate volume license contracts. All the cheap keys are just resold VL keys that should only be used within a corporate network. On paper it's illegal but in practice as long as the seller only gives out each key once it should stay active.

Install Emacs.

Attached: 1537646682953.jpg (503x436, 48K)

just scan the fuck up doofus

Didn't you have to pay for a license or something to use office 365?
Office is now "free" or am I missing something here?
I haven't used office in over 10 years

>Office is now "free"
wut?

No, I'm not lying. MS changed thing in newer versions.
The 2010 installer was different too. 2016 has this shitty installer where you have to edit an xml file to leave out unwanted shit...

There's a subscription for office that always stays up to date because it's all cloud hosted. They're hoping normalfags who can't install their own software use that while companies and schools use the retail/commercial version. There's a basic version of office as a collection of web apps, comparable to google docs for free.

2010 was the last version of office to have custom installation options exposed in the setup program. Starting with 2013 it just shits out everything. But like I said even when I excluded the apps I didn't want in 2010 it still offered me updates for them.

Office was always free

Attached: Office Toolkit 2.6.4.png (528x438, 51K)

People have been requesting a vertical ruler on docs since 2011 and it still doesn't have one. You tell me.

To be fair, at least Google docs isn't an unusably laggy piece of shit. Which is more than you can say about the cloud version of the office.

Yeah it just pisses me off that basic features are still missing 7 years later. Also adding a macro to new spreadsheets is cancer.

>2018
>still using office 2019

>not simply replacing mso.dll with patched one

I use the online version of Office because it's free as in free beer and I don't care about freedom as long as it gets the job done faster than the alternatives, has a nice and intuitive UI. All I care for is for the $$$ to go into my account.

>for windows 10 only
denied

Attached: denied.png (403x825, 154K)

>flat shit
Nah, I'm keeping my Office 2010. There's nothing new anyway.

How's that program that captures transparent Aero glass snapshots called again?

Isn't still using word 2010

I've had office 365 for almost 10 years and I haven't paid a penny

AeroShot
code.google.com/archive/p/aeroshot/

Thanks my fellow rusky

Attached: AeroShot 1.3.2.png (467x399, 49K)

>respect
>women
back to le ebin reddit with you

Lemme guess. You're opening a word document in something not word. Libre shit perhaps?

>t. Loonix fag
Enjoy your CoC(k)

Just no.

just build custom installs....google is your friend. I have had to do it for work deployments all the time

Is there an actual changelog anywhere like with normal software? I can only find marketing materials.

why use that when you can use the greatest office suite EVER made?

Attached: wo.jpg (418x500, 29K)

why would i pay monthly for something when i can use what already works

Attached: perfection.png (910x768, 21K)

>not 2003
That's the earliest version compatible with the new XML-based formats. XP was rushed and it shows, even has the same interface as 2000 straight down to the icons.

>Not using free open source software
Have fun getting your documents stolen

Attached: calligra-fs8.png (1440x879, 31K)

God that's ugly

Qt based applications just look generally ugly
I'd like to fix it, but theres not that many Qt styles available
Real pain

>Qt
>ugly
What did they mean by this?