The Next Step: Codes of Conduct for users in software licenses

The SJWs' next step is putting Codes of Conduct for the users right in the software license itself. If the user violates the CoC (even when not using the software), they have violated the license terms and are no longer permitted to use the software.

This is in fact exactly what Lerna very recently tried to do, and the only reason the license was reverted was because there was a huge backlash.

Just like everything these fucks do, they test the waters to see what they can get away with, and if they don't succeed the first time they just keep trying over and over and over again until they wear down their enemy and get what they want.

They are already setting up a Stasi-like bureaucracy called 'CoC Beacon' for conducting investigations (witch hunts) into violations of Codes of Conduct across all software projects that have adopted them. Devs are encouraged to snitch to the 'CoC Beacon' about their peers who are violating the Code of Conduct.

If they get their way with putting CoCs in licenses, people will be able to snitch to the 'CoC Beacon' when a user violates a license Code of Conduct. Said something transphobic on Twitter? Well now your web host just shut your server down because it was running Linux and transphobia is forbidden in the Linux kernel license Code of Conduct.

This is their end goal, complete and total control of who can use software for what, total control of your thoughts and behaviors.

Attached: judging.jpg (456x365, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sweetie, it is not a bad thing to want to end transphobia and trans hate, I am all for this if it ends problematic behavior.

CoC Beacon.

This is a private entity that receives funding from unknown sources (Patreon is the perfect way to launder money with regards to sources of funding for projects). It's probably being funded by glow niggers, Soros, Microsoft, Intel, etc.

Attached: CoC_Beacon.png (595x737, 362K)

Really wish my penis and/or vagina doesn't get in the way of all this coding.

Attached: Put in Some Effort.png (800x800, 21K)

Qanon really needs to hurry up and round these seditious terrorists up

They need to die

Over the past several years, code of conduct adoptions by open source projects has become the norm for establishing and communicating community values. However, enforcement of a code of conduct is the real key to creating welcoming and inclusive communities.

But up to now, only the largest open source projects have had access to the kinds of resources that make fair enforcement even possible, let alone manageable.

CoC Beacon is a project whose goal is to bring this potential to every open source project, large or small. CoC Beacon will provide project maintainers with a complete set of tools for managing their codes of conduct at all stages: setting up their enforcement teams, documenting their processes, reporting incidents, managing incident reports, forming consensus about enforcement decisions, and communicating clearly with reporters and offenders.

CoC Beacon will be provided in a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model to reduce friction for getting started, so that maintainers can focus on managing their projects and communities with a minimum of setup.

Your support for this project will fund its initial development, allowing us to build an implementation team to get us to 1.0.

You can FEEL the dystopian power-hunger, it's fucking scary

Attached: cdc.jpg (577x537, 32K)

So what happens when these faggots run out of friends? What happens when they burn every bridge with the working class, average people? I would imagine that people would just start lynching them. If this happened I'd grab some popcorn and enjoy the show. Can't wait to see their eyes bulge out of their disgusting little heads while they kick and gasp for air until they give up and go limp.

Attached: 1535755584751.jpg (672x613, 116K)

b...but we already have microsoft and apple terms of service!

Attached: npckot3.png (267x785, 113K)

buzz off, bigots. CoCs are based

Attached: ROFL.jpg (598x432, 42K)

Don't give me ideas.

1. They successfully kill off the open-source community, which means you can only get technology riddled with hardware and software backdoors that were sold as zero-days to the USIC.
2. They bite off too much at once and people start to insulate their projects/communities from SJWs. Things like suggesting "post-meritocratic cultures" instantly get you ejected from the community and you build a reputation for being an open-source homewrecker. Some physicists and mathematicians get together and create open-source semiconductors that allow for external audits before and after manufacture. I dunno.

>Create open source project for all to use, share and edit
>Want to strictly enforce not only it's use but the way people act while or not while using it

Is this freedom?

This is the ideal way to get backdoors into the kernel. Get rid of all the autists that know how shit works.

Feels over reals bois.

Open source is trash for anything more complicated than a utility library or unix tool anyway.

Remember when 1984 was a meme about the authoritarian right? The left has lost it. Don't commit wrongcode user.

This was created/is being run by the same tranny that wrote the CoC the Linux Kernel just adopted.

Attached: c54e9d376afa18b39fd737e0ad9e2bcec0edde13b039e2cffe02ea71862935a7.jpg (1178x734, 378K)

Every day just gets stupider.

Attached: 15c6a310247f212e87feac0a92c237a57f4af754f22872380120ef0288137f4c.jpg (753x638, 199K)

>238 dollarydoos per month
>probably rising now

Shitty bait, faux-trannie

>Saas
So they will mine / data leak everything you post inside the shit even when you are dealing with sensitive material.
It's primary a oppression tool

>There will be piracy of open source software in your lifetime

Fuckin’ nice

Read it as Trauma and Niggers.
Sorry Jow Forums been up too long. Enjoy your commie hell-hole complete with moral authoritarians, snitches and a department of Truth.

Good night sleep well, if you have a license for that. Remember to count the electric sheep.

Let's bully the Linux CoC tranny

are the only appropriate boards for this. MODS!!!

Attached: 1524939275773.png (559x415, 438K)

t. tranny

>CoC Beacon
This has to be a fucking joke. Please, for the love of God, tell me I’m just dreaming this shit up.

Attached: 53468998-9FA1-46B5-8253-A01C8E08C700.jpg (600x547, 90K)

Quick, we have to jack out of the matrix.

>Putting code of conducts in the license
They are perfectly in their rights to do this. However that means it won't be free and open source software anymore.

I bet you think corporate HR is a "dystopian power grab" and not just a fairly bland method for companies to reduce liability

Software as a Service (SaaS), because that's what people want to put in their projects. Literally everything fsf has fought against.

Provide it as a free software or not at all. Never trust a code you aren't allowed to edit.

>tfw the CoC is a glow nigger weapon to remove resistance to backdoors in the Linux kernel

Attached: 2e7fe7f20601ab3e9d7119392be43403d6cb6e680ea173d95957e23c551f13a1.png (2328x1500, 222K)

The FSF has no problem with SAAS. They haven't fought against it and Stallman doesn't care. The boundary is when it's on hardware you own.

There you are completely wrong. Talked to the man myself. He doesn't support SaaS, because you can't look at the source code yourself. His main problem is that you don't know what it does:
gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html