/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
→ → → → → → → → → → → → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 72.jpg (666x666, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abuseipdb.com/check/31.167.13.0
valid.x86.fr/djkpz8
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4zgoih/how_do_i_stop_extremely_excessive_disk_usage/?sort=new&st=jmh0g49b&sh=4a228d47
everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-1.4-21-inch-aluminum-mid-2014-specs.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is there an updated revision of the Jow Forumsentoomen library?

Attached: 07f.jpg (960x1200, 277K)

My Moto G5S Plus won't mount on either ubuntu or W7. A cheap ZTE works though. Not sure what the issue is. Tried different USB cables.
In Windows, I can see it under Devices and Printers, but not as a disk drive. Doesn't matter if I select MTP or PTP on the phone. Windows makes the 'devicepluggedin.wav' sound when I change modes, so it's detecting it, but not showing up as a drive. I don't know what's going on.
On Linux, I just get a pop up saying MTP can't mount or some shit.

I've connected this phone to both computers before and transferred files no problem. What the fuck?

I can't even comprehend how the fuck this happened

I Googled the IP and found:

abuseipdb.com/check/31.167.13.0

>ISP: Etihad Etisalat a Joint Stock Company
>Usage type: Mobile ISP
>Domain Name mobily.com.sa

So someone did this through their phone? That's some mobile ISP number?

All I know is they TRIED but FAILED to access it.....and also nothing in my account activity history about someone doing this shit.

How often do you change your passwords?

How can I physically beat the shit out of someone trying to hack me? :(

Attached: msdfl.png (503x553, 33K)

do you use the same passwords between multiple accounts? because if so
a. this probably happened from some other site getting hacked and leaking your password, and
b. all your other fucking same-password-as-this accounts are compromised too

valid.x86.fr/djkpz8

i've upgraded this thing about as far as i can without throwing good money after bad.

how long before i REALLY MUST buy new "CURRENT" model?

idc if lappy or desktop, but not tablet, 2-in-one shit.

Attached: Y-580 IO.jpg (940x475, 152K)

I've found 2x 16gb ddr4 at a reasonable cheap price, but it is 2133mhz, 1.5x more expensive than a single 16gb or 2x 8gb modules. Is it worth buying it considering the clock speed?

obviously I meant frequency, forgive me

So i've recently noticed my laptop often gets to 100% disk usage and i'm trying to figure out how to reduce/stop that

1. How do I disable processes that start up even when set to disabled under the start up tab of the task manager, or that aren't listed there? For example, I have MSI true color, SCM, SUPER CHARGER, Synaptics Touchpad 64-bit enhancements and steelseries engine 3 core which are set to disabled there but are still there on startup, then other shit like Killer Network service, OriginWebHelperService, etc that aren't even listed

2. Every like 20 mins windows 10 will randomly find an excuse to hit 90, 95, 99, or 100% disk usage due to some bullshit background process, be it just system, Antimalware Service Executable, Windows Superfetch, Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider, and similar crap. I found this plebbit post reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4zgoih/how_do_i_stop_extremely_excessive_disk_usage/?sort=new&st=jmh0g49b&sh=4a228d47 which has some workarounds for Superfetch, and some telemetry services that cause it, but not for everything. Anybody got an ideas for what I can do to stop it when it happens for the Antimalware service or how to find out the specific cause when it just says "system" under the processes tab?

pic unrelated

Attached: Personal Shield of the Aztec Emperor Ahuitzotl, Museum of Ethnology, Vienna feather.jpg (1646x2117, 2.82M)

rsync keeps hanging when i try to copy everything

help

sudo rsync -ah -r --progress

after many files it slows down from 120mbps to below 8 megabits per second
then stops at like 40kbps

copying to external hdd 4tb western digital

what do?

Is this on your phone? KSA and UAE have both used phone apps in the past to spy on people. Looks like Saudi Intel is interested in you for some reason.

Clock speed isn't a big deal if you aren't using an integrated GPU.

Any decent gaming laptops in the $600-$800 price range?

>sudo rsync
u wot

I hear the Lenovo Y530 is not bad

I have a 1060 and and 2x4gb at 2400mhz, I thought it would be worth buying it but I'm not sure anymore.

God I wish that were me

Yeah, it's worth it, so long as it fits your motherboard. It won't slow you down, and will be a nice upgrade, especially if you make use of ram disks for stuff like compressing/decompressing archives.

How to computing?

>gaming laptop

God you're such a fucking brainlet. Instead of gaming on the go, why don't you go on the go?

Thanks for the replies user, I'll go for it.

Not really but I have a linked account to it and so now I'm curious about it. Unless they used an old password and failed

I have the account linked to my phone through Gmail and that's it, so I wonder what on my phone is compromised if that's how they got in. It's Android if that's no surprise to ya lol. That account is linked to my personal one, job apps and shit like that. That's the scariest part about it.

No reason for sand spies to be interested in me. Cool theory though, like damn I must've gotten someone butthurt.. but they couldn't access my gmail somehow so so much for them. My most offensive political beliefs are memes about capitalism and "legalize it bro". I also think that their country sucks and is restrictive but so does everyone else.

Maybe it's someone with a similar name (assuming you use your name as the email address). Try googling variations of it, see if you can find anyone in higher government or corporate positions.

Does the IP seem like it belongs to higher government or corporate?

Also the email is just two words put together, like "baddrive" or "brokencomputer". Kinda geeky name, made it years ago, no biggie. apparently if they got this far then they know my password and the only thing stopping them was the way they were accessing my account I guess.

Anyways anyone wanna help me get the rights for my new reality show "to curbstomp an e-mail hacker from across the world" ?

It's a phone company that's in both KSA and UAE.
Probably want to submit it to the FBI. Doubt they'll do anything about it though.

Isn't that like how my IP traces back to Comcast? Or is that Saudi IP literally for the ISP itself, like from their offices?

How would i join a table that isnt being queried in the current query.
SQL syntax is a pain in the ass

I keep getting a stupid pop up every time I turn my computer on from Windows. It says "Your Windows license is about to expire" and blah blah. But then in the settings it shows Windows is activated and there is no expiration date.

What the fuck? How do I get rid of the warning?

>Isn't that like how my IP traces back to Comcast?
This.

I don't know how stupid of a question this is, but does anyone have recommendations for videos detailing the history and development of various computer parts? Been watching a lot of videos with retro computers and looking at the boards is really interesting.

Sounds like a virus.

Probably not in the domain of pcbg, and ag is pretty fuckin saturated. But I'm in the market for a computer sound system. I moved to a new place and my old bookshelf speakers are far too fucking big for this (((university))) desk. I'm looking at the soundblaster katana as an under-monitor plus sub audio set. I'm really prone to spending money where it's unnecessary, and I've convinced myself that as soon as it's on sale, I'm gonna buy that shit. I know I don't need to spend 300usd (maybe 250 at christmas) but I need someone to tell me that the sound is literal shit for me not to do it. I'm a weak man and will justify most expenses, unless I hear really shitty user reviews.

The only reason I'm asking here is that I'm too skeptical of vendor reviews.

Ok, if the phone is powered off it shows up as a Removable Disk. With it plugged in, and powering it on, it tries to install some driver in Windows, and the Removable Disk disappears. Then the driver fails to install.
On 7.1.1 if it matters.

how do I know if the problem's on my side or googlel's? this only happens with reporting

Attached: Screenshot (174).png (749x479, 39K)

Nah it isn't. It's a legit windows pop up

Hey /sqt/ what's the best album art size?

Attached: 1518415310872.png (800x800, 846K)

reposting from /tpg/ because I'm retarded

Dear /sqt/ I was thinking of buyan an AMOLED samsung laptop/tablet and was leaning towards galaxy book rather than tab s since android is a shitshow
Has anyone tried running linux on these things? are there special considerations/software to prevent burn-in on windows or linux?

also is a UHS 3 sdcard fast enough to be viable as a bootdrive if I were to dualboot windows/linux and keep one of them on the sdcard?

Square.

what's the different between WS_1803 and WS2016 RSAT?

>When to use WS_1803 RSAT Package: When managing Windows Server, version 1803 or Windows Server, version 1709
>When to use WS2016 RSAT Package: When managing Windows Server 2016 or previous versions

Thanks Microshit for being descriptive as fuck

I have office 365 from my university.
Its been almost a year since i graduated its still active. Does it ever expire or do i have a terabyte of onedrive forever?

Attached: 1536047418478.jpg (637x671, 59K)

anything bigger than 600x600 is acceptable to me, but 1200+ is most ideal

>Does it ever expire or do i have a terabyte of onedrive forever
They're gonna make you pay real money for it at some point, I'm sure. Right now they seem to be content mining it.

so my gf isn't internet saavy and only has a amazon fire tablet. no pc. is there someway I can download movies with my laptop and just send her the file so she can watch as well?

Should just be JOIN then restrict by some matching key. This gives you entries where table1 and table2 id's exist and match. This JOIN statement might have some variation depending on the SQL flavor you're using.
SELECT
id,
table1.field1,
table2.field2

FROM table1
JOIN table2

WHERE table1.id = table2.id;

Nowadays most SQL flavors have join variations that let you handle different sets. You specify the join key with the ON condition instead of WHERE. This LEFT JOIN will give you all of table1 entries and join if a matching key was not found for table2.id, table2.field2 will be NULL for that entry.
SELECT
id,
table1.field1,
table2.field2

FROM table1
LEFT JOIN table2
ON table1.id = table2.id;

Finally, you might want to restrict that joined table by some condition. You can use a sub-query as your join table but you need to give it an alias and use that alias outside the context of the sub-query afterwords. You also need to SELECT whatever field you use in the ON condition. Here we joined table2 WHERE table2.field3 is equal to 'some value'.
SELECT
id,
table1.field1,
sub.field2

FROM table1
LEFT JOIN (
SELECT
id,
field2
FROM table2

WHERE field3 = 'some value'
) AS sub
ON table1.id = sub.id;

Im using cryptomator so theyre not mining shit. Also the university pays for the license.

What does the china man win by scamming me this way, its both by credit card and by paypal/ebay protection?

My followup question to this is..

Should I throw my Samsung Galaxy S7 away? I'm at a fucking loss now. I have no control over it. Like how the hell am I supposed to find out if there's a botnet on it or some suspicious app? No malware software and it's locked up and restricted and I don't know any tools to help me.

Also is my captcha broken? I'm clicking on the right images. i feel like something is deliberately making it hard to post on this site these days

>task manager
Nope
>just open up the console
Oh wait nope
>Just install a custom firmware
Oh wait that's not even an option anymore

Found a software developer job posting that was categorized as commission but the job description said one would be working on internal stuff. How does commission work with internal projects? Would one get paid as long as the company has internal projects?

>prevent burn-in
Burn in happens when you keep a static image on the screen for a long time with high brightness. I know Samsung constantly shuffles icons around to get around this (on the AOD at least).
Honestly, you probably won't have any issues with burn in even with a desktop OS.

>No malware software and it's locked up and restricted and I don't know any tools to help me.
What do you mean? You can't unlock it to do a factory reset?

Unless you want to spend months learning the ins and outs of hacking smartphones, this is just kind of fact of life with using them. They make all their money spying on you, which is why they are so cheap.

>Also is my captcha broken? I'm clicking on the right images. i feel like something is deliberately making it hard to post on this site these days
Probably making a lot of requests, or someone on your dynamic IP was. Ya can look into scriptless captcha with 4ChanX, otherwise, try to cycle your IP, or don't post for a few days. (Used to be you could switch browsers or clear cookies, but I dun think that works since they started tracking server side.)

What would be the most realistic Jow Forums-related field to get into without a degree? It seems like everywhere I look, people say any field is impossible to get into without a bachelor's degree.

Attached: sax.gif (480x366, 2.2M)

Read up on your university's policy. I know mine lets us keep our emails forever

you cannot escape the botnet(s).
"they" are still tracking you. even if you are 100% cash, never use cards of any kind, they watch you on cameras, they know how much toilet paper you buy. which car you drive. where you go. who you talk to. what types of people you find approachable. etc... whether you have a phone, computer or anything.

tossing the phone is just wasting money,

Google tracks every movement. Do you have an exynos model? You can probably flash android without gapps

>static image on the screen for a long time with high brightness
I was only planning to use it with low brightness at night anyway
could that still burn-in an image EG: gnome activities bar or windows start button, what would a reasonable max screen timeout be do you think? 5 or 10 minutes? I'd like to use this thing for at least 5 years

Where can i find that? Im pretty sure i get to keep my university gmail forever, but idk about office 365.

It'll be fine.

>was anyone ever a fan of internet explorer?
yes. people who were tired of netscape navigator.

looks like my iphone has a led problem, when i connect it it doesnt starts just turns up the screen and fades and turns off, i dont give a shit about the phone i want my files, i try connecting it to itunes but it doenst recognize it
>inb4 icloud
i forgot the stupid answers to the security questions and i try resetting them via email (im still using the same email) but it seems like a no go

any suggestion between the 10" and 12" variants? the larger one has a fan and low power i-5 while the smaller one uses one of those m3 cpus and is fanless

Bump

Join the military. Companies want to hire people with experience and a security clearance.

Not an option, unfortunately. I have a pretty decent history of mental health problems (mostly depression, anxiety, and ADHD).

Two days ago my desktop stopped connecting to internet, replaced the cable and still no go and it also seems the cable was bad because no connection with my steam link but new cables still doesn't work with it..

I'm wondering if I fucked both up with my foot but before I try to install a new NIC is there anything else worth trying ?

How the fuck is this wrong

rob = ['py', 'th', 'on']
for w in rob range(len(rob)):
print (w, rob[w])

this might be the supidest of questions

I keep getting the fucking captcha error and it's pissing me off.

>your computer or network may be sending automated queries. to protect our users, we can't process your request right now

how do I make this fucking stop?

You'll fit right in.

>I'm wondering if I fucked both up with my foot
wat

Which if these is better

int counterwithoutmodulus = 0;
int[] intarray = new int[101]

for (int x = 0; x

I think I moved the cable with my foot, jerking it and fucking up the Ethernet cable and port. Because cable seems to be broke but also the port.. because replacing cable didn't work..

looks like you want to use enumerate
rob = ['py', 'th', 'on']
for w, item in enumerate(rob):
print(w, item)

disassemble, check for damage. reassemble, test.
if still fucked, replace.
nice get

I heard from a friend about some furry that was a contractor to automate some tasks as a developer. The guy was really good though and apparently he used to just attend random classes despite not being enrolled in the school. I saw his github and thought he did better work than me so if you develop a good portfolio I'm sure it's possible. Only problem is I'm sure at that level there's a ton of really shitty devs.

Damn, this python documentation is feeding me some incorrect information

This , it's not Pythonic to use numbers to access elements.

Also, it doesn't compile because you have that extra rob.
rob = ['py', 'th', 'on']
for w in range(len(rob)):
print (w, rob[w])

>to use numbers to access elements
Derp, meant to say use numbers to iterate over lists

Whats a good way to learn?, im using the documentation but i make a mistake everytime i try something they talk about.

It's honestly fine man. At least you're trying.

Whats a text editor for Linux that you can put images in as well?

just continue writing shit code and learn as you go, read pep8 once in a while to make sure you difference yourself from pajeets using python as java

Could someone please recommend me a good beginners programming book for ruby?

Thanks in advance.

>ruby
start with pink striped socks, butt plug and a nice little penis cage

Meh, go fanless. You seem the sort to be fairly cautious about stressing the machine, and it's one less thing to break.

Programming Ruby (2.0)
stay away from Rails

Attached: p.jpg (406x500, 31K)

>text editor
>images
Are you retarded?

I just received a build for free with these specs, is it any good?

I3 8350k
2x4GB DDR4
1TB WD Blue 1TB
Asrock H310M
1060 3GB
Thermaltake 500W PSU

Should I learn some web programming? I don't want to take my university's course because shit is expensive. What's a good website I could take a course on? Free or paid.

My only programming experience so far is c++

That's pretty much an entry level gaming rig. The 1060 (even the 3gb card) is good for 1080p.

Another question, I got my second strike for copy right from spectrum today , everyone says ignore it and get a VPN, what's the policy on this stuff now

Shitty motherboard.
That CPU is not used properly with that motherboard.
Shitty PSU, buy a EVGA 550 G2 or G3 eventually or any Seasonic PSU.
Shitty GPU, but works.

Turned my desktop on after a 3 month trip and it powers up but the monitor doesn't display anything.

Tried
>Reseating graphics card
>Different graphics card
>Different pci slots for graphics card
>Reseating CMOS battery
>Reseating RAM
>Unplugging/plugging back in all power cables in mobo
>Different power outlets

The mobo lights come on when I power up the PC and the fans get power too so power is going in. It seems like the fans have a dip in speed every few seconds, but they're spinning at normal speeds.

Am I missing anything or is my mobo fucked?

Should I shave my beard, Jow Forums?

Attached: me.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

That's no beard

Have you tried another display?

By the gods yes. (Sadly, yer probably not terrible looking under that mess of pedo/serial killer fuzz.)

i have one of these:
everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-1.4-21-inch-aluminum-mid-2014-specs.html

some company buys them for about $300, i MIGHT be able to sell it for $500 private sale.

but considering keeping it, but i want to replace the 500GB HDD with a 1TB crucial MX500 SSD, if i do keep it. (will likely use bootcamp for windows 10).

want to have both since i am learning to program in C# on visual studio, using Xamarin.

Attached: 40461429_1035836966604395_8302483022268071936_n.jpg (960x960, 42K)

k

Where is the question, stupid?

accidentally hit SEND without my question:
i am not loaded with cash.
so should i sell this for $300?
or save $160 bucks to put SSD in it?
better options?