How does the coc being introduced affect me?

How does the coc being introduced affect me?

>I do not develop for Linux
>I may develop and release some open source projects, that more then likely will be developed on Linux
>my OS is always Debian based
>I am not active on any form of social media so these people will not find details about me to shame my potential future makings with

I’ve seen threads about people switching to openBSD, haiku, etc in an effort to avoid the coc.

And i has a thought about doing the same in all honesty. I’m asking if the coc will affect me because it is actually a fuckload of effort to move my whole setup away from Linux. I just wonder if I am being sensationalist and if there is even an effect on me.

Attached: F7BCD7F4-FE6D-47B2-826F-865737947E65.png (480x285, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=8139
zerodayinitiative.com/blog/2018/9/20/zdi-can-6135-a-remote-code-execution-vulnerability-in-the-microsoft-windows-jet-database-engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A CoC almost always means a reduced code quality from the devs and migration from the project and even outright quitting the Foundation. The reason for this is that people will abuse the code of conduct to force changes to the kernel and when a dev stands against it they will try and use the CoC to boot them. Its been the case for FreeBSD and it will be the case for the Linux Kernel as unfortunate as it is. This is why people are migrating to avoid it.
TL;DR
People abuse power and politics do NOT belong in technology

>How does the coc being introduced affect me?

realistically it's not really gonna effect anyone.
maybe a few people get sad that tech isn't the meritocracy they hoped it was but that's their fault for being naive.

Both of these in all honesty

Attached: 1516104574410.png (500x455, 45K)

open source software is not supposed to be a criminal court, but now it is. they'll start banning users soon.

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=8139

Doesn’t at all. If all shit hits the fan RedHat and Debian can fork. My guess is the trannies were used to remove Linus because he resisted systemd and other similar glowinthedark features from big tech.

fuck off tranny

I tried to think about what could happen if an entity tried to fork the kernel. In theory forking an open source project is easy but in practice forking the Linux kernel would probably be a complete nightmare. Linux is a multi-million dollar project that receives support from many huge companies that have a stake in it. You can't just fork it and keep on going easily. It would have to be a carefully orchestrated and widely supported move. All the while kernel development would likely slow to a crawl as resources are pulled off to wait until the dust settles. The incumbent kernel would have a huge upper hand here as it would probably just be easier to deal with the existing kernel than trying to fork.

Go ask Alan Cox.
During the 2.4 days the "-ac" branch of linux kernel is what a lot of distros used.
Ya today there is way to much money behind linux. Doing the code would be the easy part. The hard part would be fighting off the constant shilling and fud from the likes of Google, Red Hat, Intel, etc.. You would get black listed in no time.

Attached: Alan_Cox_at_FOSS_2007.jpg (640x425, 92K)

All of this drama, and bringing advancement in technology to a halt. Is anyone going to do anything? Why the fuck should anyone involved in technology worry about how rude someone is being, or gender/politics?

Attached: 1508215407761.jpg (700x393, 37K)

Linux foundation will spends dozens billons in diversity programs and consultory.

Now CIA and NASA can get their backdoor systems coded into Linux

>How does the coc being introduced affect me?
I don't have to deal with a cock because I use Windows

If you contribute anything to linux; you must:
Not use pronouns such as (but not limited to) 'he', 'she' , 'him', 'her'

Disown and disassociate with genders as genders do not exist

Accept transgenders

Promote the dominance of female-society

Yeah...this is Linux in 2018/2019

don't forget, if you're a w**te m**e you have to either become a eunuch tranny or commit suicide, as your existence is oppressive

This. The CoC has no valid reason to exist and it offers no benefits, but the potential problems it may (most likely)cause could be catastrophic. People downplaying this are either naive or SJW shills who want to use CoC/politics to push an agenda

>Millons

All identity politics are about gaining power and relevance based on "what you are", instead of "what you've done".
The success of open source can be attributed to a culture where the complete inverse thing is true.
Go figure why they hate open source.

>Is anyone going to do anything?
Well, are you?

>You can't just fork it and keep on going easily
Just don't rewrite it and it will be ok.

zerodayinitiative.com/blog/2018/9/20/zdi-can-6135-a-remote-code-execution-vulnerability-in-the-microsoft-windows-jet-database-engine
This is what happens when faggots, womn and CIA niggers (don't) write code.

Like 66% of all servers on the internet run Linux. If People rescind their code, all those servers can't run legally.

>this whole fucking thread

Did any of you even read the OP? HES NOT A DEV.

Just migrate to TempleOS.

Attached: main170605A.jpg (640x480, 84K)

It just astounds me these fat purple-haired fucks are everywhere nowadays. Walking through my college campus or walking down the street, I might spot one or two after seeing thousands of people. Most people I know think they're nutjobs. How the fuck do they get power?

>How the fuck do they get power?
the underlying personnality traits that allow them to go out in public and not be ashamed of their physical appearance (i.e. hair color & weight & hygiene) also dictate their willingness to fight for power
basically it's just a complete lack of self-awareness and rejection of societal norms, which makes them willing to fight while looking like clowns

>How the fuck do they get power?
They use a variety of tactics to exploit society into their whims.
For example, crying racism when there isn't any, but society will comply anyway, because everybody is afraid of being called racist, specially whites.
Cry misogyny and people will believe it, not because there's any, but because society has a hard-ingrained need of providing and protecting women (specially in societies where chivalry is/used to be the norm).

It's all just classic social engineering.
Exploiting people's misconceptions, preferences, biases and fears is nothing new.

>I’ve seen threads about people switching to openBSD, haiku, etc in an effort to avoid the coc.
Jow Forums is full of racists, incels and literal autists. Why would you care what Jow Forums does?

It doesn't.

>not use pronouns
Wrong, it says nothing of the sort

>disown and disassociate with genders
Also wrong

>accept transgender
Publicly, correct

>promote the dominance of female-society
Technically wrong, but practically correct

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Debian, is in fact, Debian/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Debian plus Linux.

wasted trips

The wording is so vague that they can easily report you for these irrelevant issues and still get you punished

The CoC is an endorsement of leftism and a means to deplatform non-leftists

Get woke, go broke.
Bye Linux.