Forget password

>forget password
>authorities demand it in uk
>get two year sentence for non-disclosure

How is this allowed? There's no way to prove either way.

Attached: wifi-password-57f560ef5f9b586c359127f9.png (768x512, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.uk/police-powers-to-stop-and-search-your-rights
express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/942492/Kodi-crackdown-add-ons-illegal-streaming-Premier-League-online-piracy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shari’ah doesn’t have this problem.

>erase an old hard drive with dd if=/dev/urandom
>authorities demand you decrypt it
>go to jail for not complying
what a time to be alive

99% of people have easy to remember passwords like their cats birthday or mothers maiden name. You are automatically a weirdo creep for having a forgettable password so you deserve everything you get.

>>How is this allowed?
you're forgetting that governments are, at bottom, criminal organizations.

Mfw anything not in plain text is encrypted.

"Decrypt this RSA key now!" when it's the public key for Google on your system cache. Fucking authorities, don't know shit.

In the UK you need a licence to have a password

As long as they're jailing pedos, who cares?

Serves you right for using technology.

I do.

This, based and grugpilled

y tho

Does every love with technology end like this?

Because anyone can get framed.

Doesn’t the UK allow searches on persons and premises without a warrant?

You are invited to a cup of tea at the Ministry of Love, please see to it that you will find yourself in the waiting area at 5 PM CEST

We will be awaiting your arrival

If you were going to frame someone, why not put straight up CP on their computer instead of an encrypted file?

You could do both...

no, and a lot of countries have key disclosure laws. bongs haven't been completely stripped of civil rights, regardless of the social media arrest memes.

No, maybe if they suspect you of terrorist activities or see a crime happening.

This was literally a cyber security service sold by Hacking Team.

they aren't tho

you're right, nobody has been sent to jail for failing to disclose a key

gov.uk/police-powers-to-stop-and-search-your-rights

There's also a stop-and-search bit of legislation which iirc has to be invoked by a superintendant or above which has caused quite a bit of tension since its introduction, somewhen after 2010.

Has captcha suddenly got a hard-on for buses, has there been a self-driving car accident involving a bus, or what? My last three posts have had me identifying buses.

They literally aren't tho. See also "Rotherham grooming gangs"

>The police might ask you to take off other clothes and anything you’re wearing for religious reasons - for example a veil or turban. If they do, they must take you somewhere out of public view.
>If the officer wants to remove more than a jacket and gloves they must be the same sex as you.
MFW police in UK will never be able to make me remove more than my jacket or gloves, because I identify myself as a transgay nigger unicorn.

Attached: 1492284061530.png (401x367, 9K)

Obviously I only meant jailing white British pedos. I'm not a racist you know

>dual boot Normie windows
>have super secret Gentoo install
Heh, they will never catch me!!

Why not setup a program to auto delete everything for these cases? either give it a secret password or make it run after a certain amount of time, why are people so dumb?

Stop assuming Sgt BeefQueefers gender.

Doesn't matter - if they don't get what they want you're going to gaol. There was a case of the police demanding someone "decrypt" astronomical noise readings.

revive

It's actually not allowed under European law afaik.

Not at all, actually the people who tend to forget their password are the most tech illiterate.

>give multi word password
>screw up the order
>blame stress on not remembering correct password
>get off scott free

>How is this allowed?
it's simple responsibility
you can be jailed for forgetting a password just like you can be jailed for forgetting a child in the car on a hot day

that it slipped your mind is irrelevant, you have a legal obligation now

Those are the last people they'd ever jail.

Your sister witnessed you murder your mother and placed the body in a refrigerator, and locked it. She tells law enforcement about this. You refuse to give them the key as you may or may not have lost it.

Point is that there's a line where you're obstructing an investigation.

why should a citizen be under any obligation to assist law enforcement in any capacity? especially against himself?

>be gay british cop
>make hot guys strip and do sexy dances
>mfw

Attached: 1389489929853.jpg (500x375, 60K)

Not entirely.

Just like Buisinesses when run right are a benefit to everyone, Government is insofar as they do not trample on freedoms that do not harm others or yourself. However, just like crony capitalism there is grony gov.

/idontknowwhyiwrotethison4chanofallplaces

>won't someone think of the children!!?!?!1?
People like you are the reason that this shit is seen as OK.

}:3

Kys pedo

An encrypted file is not a physical object.

The proper analogy would be:
Your sister witnessed you murder your mother, and then took her body to an unknown location.
You write down some seemingly random symbols on a paper that only have meaning to you. The police tell you to decode it, but you may or may not remember what method you used to encode said information on the paper, or if it is even information at all.

The 5th amendment protects you against self-incrimination, because otherwise police could just "suspect" you of doing something and then throw you in jail if they don't believe you're telling the truth.

I honestly think kids are gross. That's besides the point though.
Steamrolling over everyone's civil rights to try to catch some dude jacking it to CP is essentially a witch hunt.

No u

This is why encryption is not enough and we need forensic amnesia built into Linux distributions.

Kangaroo courts in the UK. They jailed a guy for posting a joke video about his pug doing the hitler saulte.

I'm moving to the UK at the end of this year.
Honestly a bit concerned, given the authoritarian state of the country.

>used to be evil terrifying anglosupremacist empire that plundered third world for money

>now a mid-tier EU shithole that bans selling kitchen knives, jails people for making dog videos and has a police which spends time monitoring internet for "hate speech" instead of jailing rapists gangs (because that would be racist)

how the might have fallen

did the whole of britain collectively drink onions milk everyday since 1950?

Because all any government cares about is to keep you under their control. Everything else is bullshit.
They're just finding more convenient ways to do it nowadays.
If you're smart you can circumvent all of that shit. Although I'd recommend leaving communist UK for good.

Agreed.

Businesses live from people voluntarily choosing to spend their money on their products and services.
Governments live from stealing, killing and kidnapping.
"Crony capitalism" comes from the government giving monopolies to certain corporations. Again, a byproduct of government, not capitalism.

Where are you moving from? Unless it's some shithole it's probably a downgrade in life quality, and most importantly, sanity (if you're the kind of person that browses Jow Forums, likes technology and privacy/freedom).

Attached: 1518635311183.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

don't forget jailing people for using XBMC
express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/942492/Kodi-crackdown-add-ons-illegal-streaming-Premier-League-online-piracy

Attached: muh_laissez_faire.jpg (1148x882, 23K)

As long as it's only being used to steamroll pedos, it's ok. Pedos don't have human rights because they're not human

I've unironically been told that the fact I have different passwords for every website and the fact I use a password manager to store them all is "suspicious".