Custom rom general

What custom rom are you running? On what phone? Do you like it? Write a mini review!

Attached: lineageos-15.1.png (854x581, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hammerhead/build
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Paranoid Android 7.1.2 on Redmi 4 Prime. Pretty fast and snappy. Getting 15 hours of SOT with it

resurection remix android version 8.0 on the samsung galaxy s5

Whatever lastest pajeet thing I'll find on xda, currently LOS 15.1 on Z1 Compact, almost 5 years old phone and it still doesn't want to die.

There are small weird things happening though, like when typing sometimes in signal the text doesnt show up but it's there or the keyboard freezes, backing and reopening or locking and unlocking fixes everyhting.

Also, does anyone have a cell signal strength decreased when switching from 14.1 (7.1) to 15.1 (8.1)?
I've read it's only the icon displaying different values as different bars, eg what used to be 2 bars is now 1 and I found it somewhat true because I still have LTE on 0 bars. Don't want to reflash everything to check if actual numbers changed though.

Forgot to add that really nice thing about custom roms is performance, on stock (5.0) I remember I had acore around 34k on antutu, now (8.1) I have 60k.

AOSP Extended on Redmi 4x
No issues whatsoever. Went from 7 to 8.1

Just got lineage OS 14.1 flashed on my redmi 1S (long overdue). For some reason it crashes when I try to open a webm in Clover, otherwise I didn't recognize any other bugs.

Is there any point in running custom roms?

LineageOS is buggy as shit for me and it makes me wanna go back to stock.

LOS is not pajeet as far as I know. It was created by leading engineers from Samsung, etc, if I'm not mistaken.

Forks of LOS such as Ressurection are usually pajeet shitskin pieces of crap.

pls recommend me something for my Galaxy S5

Did you flash firmware aside from LOS?

What do you mean? The only things I flashed via TWRP are the lineageos firmware, su and the F-Droid privileged extension.

i plan on runnijg either Pixel Experience or Arrow OS Pie
Moto G5+ here

Pure fusion 7.1.2 on Oneplus 5. The only custom ROM for it that has the camera app from the stock ROM fully working. Features mostly similar to all those "feature-rich" ROMs like RR, AEX, crdroid, etc. Stock ROM is unusable to me. Don't give a shit about staying up to date.

Lineage, g900f here runs fine.
Wish I could say the same for some older shit I have

Any roms to help ease my paranoid autism?

miracledroid on redmi 4 prime, it just works

CopperheadOS, Jaguar.

hello. I use [ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.x][20180719][walleye]CURRY ROM REMIX [SAFETYNET][STOCK KERNEL] | Live Support Custom Rom. Rom is very good. No Problem.
When is Android Pie coming?!

Sent from my Curry Phone using XDA Labs.

Used it too, u should try Bootleggers and AOSPA too, both are nice. LineageOS Extended is also great, quite up to date rom, its nougat with recent security patch

>running a ROM hacked together by xXxBigDick420xXx in his basement
Jesus Christ

Seems legit

There's a firmware to be flashed from the stock rom so you can have proper media playback. Usually posted on xda.

God bless the people who keep restoring this setting. Pop-up notifications are so fucking annoying.

Attached: Screenshot_20180925-174844.png (1080x732, 44K)

AOSP PixelExperience 9.0

These are unironically likely to be the best ones. Or an absolute trash.

Is it true Pocomeme phone has ads in it's stock rom?
If so, i don't really know what custom rom to put on it desu.

Arrow OS on OPO, gonna get a redmi note 5 next week though. What's the best rom for it?

What a nuanced and genuine reply. I'm sure you're well versed into Android development yourself.

Use Blokada or Xiaomi.eu until AOSP based custom ROMs surface. The device was released recently. Give it some time.

Developer of my ROM lurks here. kek
I think he has a feminine benis. :3

Attached: 1532109647036.jpg (310x310, 28K)

Fucking lineage isn't still available for redmeme 4x.
Miui 10 is now better but still a piece of Chinese crap.

CM11 on my Note II.

Attached: Image7085800457875276925.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

I like it too but i fear with every phone having a notch it won't work. Also does it even work with apps targeting newer api?

If I want to get a GS7 for ROM usage on T-Mobile, which is the best version? T-Mobile (Snapdragon) gives Wifi Calling, but the International (Exynos) is faster and might have better ROM support? There's also the dual sim which is interesting but the second sim takes up the microsd slot.

Attached: .png (732x405, 182K)

Xiaomi.eu weekly

For all the features it has, I miss some that I could get in different AOSP based ROMs and such. Like being able to expand notifications on the lockscreen. Can't do that.

currently 8.1 based resurrection remix on my oneplus one. aside from minor quirks it is pretty nice, stable, and loads of settings. still can last over a day with my usage with the same 4 year old battery. glad my opo still works with so many ugly phones nowadays.

Are there any stable Pie ROMs yet?

Arrow OS is pretty damn stable from what I've been seeing on XDA, once I have some time tomorrow I 'll probably be testing it out

Mostly depends on your phone, crdroid for my phone has everything working for example(even the volte meme).

I have a Nexus 5X, though there don't seem to be any stable ROMs for it that have basically everything working. I'm sure LineageOS 16.0 will come to it, but I'm impatiently waiting for it.

Anyone here have a Moto E5 Plus?

Any decent / viable ROMS for the T-Mobile variant?
I'll be upgrading to a Moto E5 Plus hopefully next month....

>Upgrading to Moto E5 Plus
How poor are you?

Isn't copperhead the one that got fucked by one of the devs/owners of the code?

Very and for a budget phone it's actually quite decent. I want it because it rocks a 5,000 mAh battery. You either answer my initial question, or you mozy on along.

No

Piss off, then.

How do I learn how to make my own ROMs? It seems like a tedious process.

running my own kernel
come at me

Is there a custom ROM for meizu 15?

its you right?

>mediatek
Doubt.jpg
But why not check xda first?

Yes.

Attached: 1503954278997.jpg (937x750, 58K)

Nice!

I used to use a ROM developed by an anime poster but it was a long while ago.

LineageOS 15.1 (Official) moto x4
Works like a dream as long as you have OpenGApps

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hammerhead/build

My friend was saying it's getting colder over there. Stay comfy and fix the encryption already >_>
That's awesome! Did you ask if he wore programming socks?

Attached: 1503903819476.jpg (720x960, 197K)

It was before this meme started.

I think you have mistaken me for someone else.

>Jaguar
Didn't expect to learn something new from a ROM with such a meme name.
>Type zero sms: phone's silent response 'received and processed' (without user noticing) eliminated

Running the LOS fork from microg on redmi note 4x. pretty good so far.

unofficial pajeet lineageos on galaxy s5 neo
it just werks

STOP USING PAJEET ROMS

>google play services
Disgusting

>CopperheadOS
deprecated (for now)
Rattlensnek has no local buildchain yet

I have a Galaxy s6 g920a, am I fucked?

Attached: 1533522509944.jpg (633x758, 67K)

Everything made after s5 and before s9(yurp version only) is abandonware.

What the fuck should I do if I have a n910C Shitsung Note 4
Has there been any development in nougat roms for my ass chipset?

Fuck! Samsung keeps shitting it up with updates and it's driving me insane.

Attached: A59C8132CA4740A6BE365DDFC5F643B1.png (576x590, 337K)

Is there a guide step by step to install a custom rom?
I have a redmi note 5 (whyred)
It is already unlocked.

LineageOS 15.1 on a Pixel
e-mail clients don't seem to work well though

Install twrp, enter twrp, wipe->factory reset(not needed if you're updating a custom ROM), install->select a zip of the custom ROM->ok.
To install twrp you need fastboot on your PC and properly installed drivers.
Enter fastboot mode on your phone, then
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
in terminal.
On some Xiaomi phones you have to
fastboot boot twrp.img
instead and then flash twrp.img from twrp itself(same way as a custom ROM except after install you check "install image").

Bootleggers, that "Shishu Dreams" theme looks great with my weaboo pape

Lineage OS (android pie based), dont use it yet, its buggy as hell

>Lineage OS (android pie based), dont use it yet, its buggy as hell
On the xiaomi mi a1

Running lineageOS+MicroG on my oneplus 5t. Only flashed a few days ago. Never done anything like this before. Seems good so far, still tailoring things to my preferences.

What is a phone with a good camera that doesn't suffer from aosp based roms?

Only thing holding me back is reduced picture quality.

LOS 16 when?

Mine was still going strong until recently, now it powers off when battery reaches 50%. I don't even want a new phone, all I use it for is to check my mail and play music.

carbon rom (oreo), z3c, it just werks - after a billion flashes, 1 bootloop and looking into the source of mindthegapps to see that the install script was broken :^)

get a non-shit phone. Never had any problems with CM/Lineage on my SGS3 i9300, Nexus 5 or OP1.

Change the battery, I'm planning to do it in the future but it still holds well enough, seems pretty easy. And if you want new rom LOS 14.1 by munjeni on xda forum was best in terms of battery life

A Galaxy S8 Nougat port on my Galaxy S6, because Samsung cucked S6 and S7 owners on a lot of features.
I forget the exact name of the ROM, but it was some pajeet-tier name.
It's as stable as stock, and I think it's about as fast as stock too. Breddy gud overall.
>inb4 install Lineage
takes shit photos compared to stock, also doesn't support 4K and 1080p60 recording

Could be entirely avoided by using the ROM as intended, without gapps.

Woah you got a link or something? I've been stuck with an old OS on my S6 and was under the impression the phone is unrootable and no custom roms.

Have a Moto G5, with Android 7.0.
I know that Android 8.1 is coming soon but I don't like the changes and bloast, thus I'm thinking about putting a Custom Rom based on Android 7.1
How it is?
Back in the day I always used Custom because Android was shitty and ugly. Are those ROMs still decent made?

unfortunately i need it

>the phone is unrootable and no custom roms.
Literally go to xda pajeets, there are tons of roms for every version of S6 out there. Flash twrp image with odin and you're off to the races.

Arrow OS based on Android P/9.0 on my redmi 4 prime, could be a bit smoother but it's just a few weeks old so it'll get better

Is there any custom rom you can recommend for my horrible emui huawei p9 lite? im sick and tired of it

Any good ROMs for an Exynos Note 8? I've been thinking of using one made by a spanish guy in xda

What are the best non-pajeet ROMs?

Attached: our_1st_date_was_kinda_weird.webm (720x720, 903K)

>Arrow OS on OPO
My nigga

Wish that hw button bug gets fixed tho, it's so annoying.

I need a ROM that can be installed on an ereader. Any ereader, as long as it is an e-ink device.

I bought a Redmi Note 5 and it is on it's way to me now. Does anyone know if it's possible to install a custom ROM on it?

I have a Galaxy S8, am I fucked?

OnePlus 5t crdroid 9.0 pie.

Am I the only one on 9.0? What's the point of custom ROMs if you're on an outdated version of Android

AOSP Twilight Wolf SUPER FAST ROM with Kernel Hack by RakeshSudakar1999

It's very good.