Realistically the ""worst thing"" that happens to the linux kernel

RedHat forks a new kernel that's half the size of the current one, better selinux and systemd integration thus stronger server security.
Google forks a new kernel that's like 10% the size of the current one for tablets and phones, better device performance less attack vectors for the everyday user.
Microsoft will create a fucked up BSD-Linux chimera to save its online cloud hosting and corporate office suite. They will fail as usual in providing anything user friendly.
Apple will get stronger.
Amazon isn't affected they are on their own shit.
Also now there's plenty of room to make BSD related OS for laptops with working firmware included for the wifi and video cards out of the box.
>mfw a blessing in disguise

Attached: Lana Del Rey.jpg (450x450, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/andy_tanenbaum
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>better selinux and systemd integration thus stronger server security.
Stopped reading there

>Google forks a new kernel that's like 10% the size of the current one for tablets and phones, better device performance less attack vectors for the everyday user.
they already have fuchsia/zircon

That's BeOS aka Haiku.

>lana del rey

more like lana del bae

Apparmor instead? You gotta be kidding.

Only homos like Lana del Ray.
t. gheii

>Ray

t. illiterate

>RedHat
>Google
They're the ones behind CoC you retard.

>BSD
FreeBSD is cucked with a coc.
OpenBSD is barely usable desktopwise.
Though, out of all the BSDs, OpenBSD has the most potential.

>OpenBSD is barely usable desktopwise.

Would you cunts just knock this shit off?
Just say "OpenBSD is barely usable because I can't install Steam & play my games"

Fucking millennial faggots fucking up this board.

Attached: 1537561534306.jpg (686x461, 22K)

The ONLY downside to openBSD is it's hard to run smoothly on really high resolution monitors. 2K+

Besides that it is literally the perfect operating system and comes preloaded with tons of great classic unix games.

Adventure, Pong, Rogue. OpenBSD is the gamers OS

If you want to play games, use Windows or buy a console & fuck off.

I'm having trouble installing ldxe on it. OpenBSD also don't support a lot of programs that I use on Linux like keepass.

>internet fails to work
>exactly three graphic cards work; the rest just boot into black
>no programs are allowed to enter the ecosystem because they make attack vectors

>Apple will get stronger.

The world needs to stop blindly assuming this.

Apple has done nothing that will gain it strength. Apple has done nothing that warrants new strength.

Apple stock is merely the agreed-upon dumping ground for whatever equity gets sucked out of the failing social media companies via insider trading. Apple is safe until the great revenue lie has to be exposed. It must! Unsustainable things do not sustain!

>Google forks a new kernel that's like 10% the size of the current one for tablets and phones,

nope they are creating one its called Fuchsia and i predict in 10 years time it will be the biggest threat to linux as we know it

The worst thing that would happen is it would continue development

this, this 90's clone of a 1970's OS needs to die already

Attached: 1536537043.png (609x352, 237K)

>using microkernels
>ever
harmful.cat-v.org/software/andy_tanenbaum

Honestly just use Haiku for desktop use, OpenBSD for server.

>harmful.cat-v.org/software/andy_tanenbaum

And that's why everyone now uses plan9

Attached: apple google.gif (874x492, 2.71M)

>Apple is safe until the great revenue lie has to be exposed.
Tim Cook seems to be trying to hasten this.

>No Wi-Fi support
>No GPU support
>Peripherial support almost nonexistant
Dumb fucking retarded zoomer, kill yourself.

Attached: poopee.jpg (789x750, 94K)

Wi-Fi is shit. GPU's are for design faggots who typically use proprietary software and gamer fags like you, frog posting zoomer.

Attached: 1537136601097.png (990x682, 580K)

You still here? I told you to kill yourself, obey like the dumb little zoomer you are.

Sorry. I don't obey faggots.

>systemd
>strong security
what

>meaningful changes that will actually happen
pic related

mmm lana

And what options do we mere plebs who don't want systemd or google on our computers have?

>most enterprise companies and research labs trust red hat
>literally open sauce
>first to fix security issues
>never had a critical security issue shipped on main repositories (unlike ubuntu or debian, even gentoo)
what

perfect cock-sucker lips

Write your own OS compatible with only your hardware, tailored to your use case.

I want to marry lana del rey
>GOOGLE 10%
do you even use android? its a bloated piece of shit and they're already running on acustom kernel

> unsustainable things cannot sustain!

You underestimate the trickery of the Jew and his accountant minions. Natural, logical laws no longer apply to finance

What problem would a pleb even have with systemd?

what os did it clone and where can i get it?

Attached: wtf matrix.gif (530x257, 3.14M)

tha OG duckface

more like labia del dinghey

>unironically linking cat-v

plebs choose the software they use based on its functionality and availability not inane arguments on the internet or stupid logic trappings.
the majority of plebs haven't chosen to adopt Linux and I'm sure those that have are perfectly content and use it well.
as long as the working class never uses systemd they will never have any issue with it.
systemd has the issue of not being adopted by the proletariat and rather having the dissent of many power users follow its adoption.

Not as hard as you think. As long as your good with assembly and C. ;^)

>unironically linking cat-v without paying respects to Uriel
f

there has been no progress since the 70s that has been added to a mainstream OS.

>never had
or never announced

Attached: 1537686515033s.jpg (250x221, 4K)

Google has Fuchsia, why fork a lesser kernel?

i don't care
use 4.9 kernel + grsec pathes.

Are you sperglords STILL fantasizing about all the bad shit that's going to happen to Linux? Has a SINGLE kernel developer expressed an interest in pulling code yet? Holy fucking shit at you wishful-thinking spergies.

>OpemBSD has the most potential
>giant lock

im a tranny and oooo am i laffin

That and no virtualization

Why do other LGBT people type like this, seriously you are not cute or quirky

imagine being this upset at a non serious piece of text
i was only pretending to be retarded user :3

>WiFi is shit
>GPU's aren't required
How's life under that rock?

We need a combination of DragonFly and OpenBSD? Matt Dillon is insane.

systemd is the explorer.exe of linux

>no virtualization
>what is vmm

That list is shit.
Half of it is nitpicking the way he says hings ("we need new programing languages", no we dont NEED then, they will just be usefull) and the other half is outright wrong or false.

doesnt look like you were

"buaaah 4chin says systemd is bad even though Linus uses it"
lol
it is literally on the wikipedia page, some errors have never reached Red Hat because they use older versions of the kernel and then patch it like a new. Meanwhile Debian and Ubuntu had the vulnerability announced because both used a newer software, and it didn't get fixed for months