You can't play games on Lin-

>You can't play games on Lin-

Attached: wow-bfa-linux-wine.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1yZNuUpTjTo
lutris.net/games/world-of-warcraft/
lutris.net/games/install/8505/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ux.

Yes, good observation

ux.

Attached: 1512232995607.jpg (680x613, 42K)

-ux

>durr i want lineks to beehayve liek wundesz hurr

us?

Frozen Bubble

holy shit, actually borderless looks sexy

>wow
But can it warrant stability ubder any circumstances? What are thw chances that it'll crash during mythic raid which going to affect 19 other people?

I have wow running on wine-staging in a chrooted environment. Cool beans.

Attached: wow.jpg (3840x2160, 632K)

Damn, now I want to play WoW again.

youtube.com/watch?v=1yZNuUpTjTo

What's the difference between using Lutris, and steamplay? Any big performance difference?
Because steamplay doesn't seem to be able to recognise windows folders, and therefore the locations for mods/custom games/steam workshops that are on MyDocuments (for example) on windows.

playing vidya using steam play is great, wincucks BTFO

WoW! Fantastic baby!

soon

Attached: WoW-Classic.jpg (760x380, 152K)

>look guys, Linux is still relevant!
>look! I'm running WoW!
>am I hip yet, will you people install Linux now?
inb4 "wine is NOT an emulator"

>Windows plays WoW
>nobody bats an eye

>MacOS plays WoW
>gay jokes, thermal jokes, throttling jokes, and overpricing jokes everywhere

>Linux plays WoW
>unanimous praise, everyone lubes up with Stallman's toejam and gets straight to circlejerking like this is the best human discovery since sliced fleshlights

I don't get you, Jow Forums

>care about only one game
>will never ever be playable on linux because of EAC anticheat fuckery with windows
It hurts

I've been raiding and such with WoW installed via Lutris and haven't had a single crash. The Blizzard App is far more of a nightmare to get working right than the game itself, the temperamental piece of fucking shit that it is.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Performance and compatibility can be better or worse. There are games that don't work via Proton yet that can be gotten running. Lutris is really just an easy way to set up things up on a per game basis using user-made scripts, making it far easier for the average end user. Wine and DXVK are still doing the heavy lifting.

kronos is a thing my dudes

Do people even play this game still?

How is the population

pretty bad, stay out

kronos 1 is nearly dead. there's maybe 2-3 guilds raiding. kronos 3 is quite decent and still in progression

It's Linux, you wouldn't understand

Attached: cjrEOwc.png (499x376, 313K)

>game from 2004
>literally played by tens of millions if not more, for sure enough of those were cave dwellers fatties running linux

congrats on being a fucking faggot, you're using one of the most played and supported games on the planet to straw-man "year of linux gaming" which is false at the moment

as much as i am myself a proponent for gaming on linux, don't be such a hypocrite and claim every game is on the level of WoW, you're just being retarded.
The year of linux gaming will happen,just not this year.

Sad, pathetic people who have sunk so much money into it they have to validate it by continuing to play for eternity.

Why would you need games other than WoW?

Attached: 1534908126328.jpg (480x640, 100K)

Stallman is that you?

EVE Online Block FC: "People, I am running this fleet from Linux, guys! Start undocking your titans and supers."

>still playing wow in 2018

who hurt you user?

I just started and I'm enjoying it. Already met a hot elf

>playing a 10 year old game on an outdated system

>not playing vanilla wow

>outdated system
how so?

i play it, it runs fine but it doesn't scale too well with many models, it's definitely an optimization issue
that being said, i'm not so sure people can claim year of the linux with wow + handful of other games running fine.

Also the thing that's hurting the most is that gaymers like me coming from scenes where performance/gameplay fluidity is way more important than aesthetics/visuals will definitely be put off by games that don't make performance and stability a top priority when targeting linux.

*You can't play good games on Linux.

Why do people always use these games with shitty graphics as demonstrations?

Even if this is their preference, I'm sure it'd be more impressive to demo a game that has decent graphics.

Attached: 1369176617129.jpg (429x600, 176K)

there are good games playable on linux: Gta, CS, witcher, deus ex, etc. Mainly in part because of the complex and decent development(subjective but holds compared to the industry)and not because of the ease of working with linux.

That being said, those are still too few and the struggle you have to go through is very discouraging.
Don't get me wrong, i like getting my hands dirty, i managed to run most of my games on linux, many just to see if i can, but there's definitely a point that you have to reach in terms of user experience, specially when you claim "year of [X]"

It kind of helps that most of the stuff needed to get a game working on OSX transitions fairly well to linux.

>ux without constant crashing and graphical errors.

Aaaand done.

>le graphix

Walk me through how you did this OP. I'm running Debian and couldn't for the life of me get WoW to launch (after having to wrangle with battle.net). I figured as the latest expansion only had a silver rating I shouldn't expect much. Are you running an up to date version? How does it run?

Devs dont port their games to linux because you faggots are too toxic. Outside microsft shills who "prefer" direct x theres no reason games programmed with opengl can't be compiled on any platform. But they dont do it because of the abuse they would face if they made a single mistake and didnt open source everything they do

I think some crumbs fell on your shoe, you might want to take care of that

What game? All I see is trash.

>ubuntu
>wine

Attached: 1421611662882.png (352x349, 195K)

>corps
>os by the people

lutris.net/games/world-of-warcraft/

Make sure to read the instructions properly and install the dependencies first. Battle.net is somewhat of a shitshow to get running, but I had zero problems once the game was installed.

When did AVGN get so fat

Most of the games i play are old obscure shit that only works on win 95-xp ,I don’t want to play that neckbeard shit

This is Legion though..I'm a progression raider, kinda need the latest expansion.

No it isn't, dumbdumb. It's just an out of date screenshot. How would you even install Legion now? They're not providing you any game files. That's not how Lutris works. The script is fine, updated three days ago and works fine for BfA. You can even see exactly what it does:

lutris.net/games/install/8505/view

>Ubuntu
>Not using the one thing that makes it bearable i.e communitheme
What the FUCK were you thinking?

Attached: kJSWyMv.png (68x146, 24K)

i hope

Attached: 1492410540966.png (450x349, 245K)

>not unlocking the full power of linux

Attached: 2018-01-02-224351_1107x716_scrot.png (1107x716, 833K)

Y communitheme such custom

Yeah it's nice to be able to play games on an uncucked OS.

[spoiler]Oh, wait...

>wow
ewww it's 2018 and people still play wow?

Attached: 2018-02-10-222205_1280x1024_scrot.png (1280x1024, 70K)

>Implying WoW on Linux is some kind of big deal
I've been playing it on Linux since 2006.

>Soon
>At least 2 years away

WoW is such a terrible fucking game. Why do you zoomers even play it?

um no sweaty try Q3 2019

HOW
HOW DO I PLAY OLDER WOW ON LINUX
WHY IS EVERYONE TORMENTING MEEEEE
REEEEEEEE

Attached: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (887x469, 222K)

>zoomers
zoomers don't play wow, user
*crack* *sip*
now tbc, THAT was a good game.

I tried out MHW on Manjaro. Work but definitely took a performance hit and I got more slow downs than usual, would rather play on Windows for now. I tried humans fall flat and it crash everytime I picked something up.
If proton becomes mature enough I'll switch, but for now it's just not there yet.

>not light's hope

>WoW is such a terrible fucking game
Depends on the expansion. Legion was fun. BfA is dog shit. Five days left on my sub and I'm out until the final content patch hits.

-ux.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1508986954759.jpg (500x335, 32K)

Doesn't HFF have a native port ?

INB4 Proton is not a wine fork

Lol loser u can play for free by just buying everything with gold

Do these games work? If so ill switch so my friends stop bitching and i can run autism os.

Quake champions
Destiny 2 (friends play and bought it for me)
Fallout jew vegas with mods or 3
Risk of rain
Other random shit

In this context it makes sense. If it can run unoptimized pretty shit like battlefield or crysis then it can pretty much run any unoptimized popular game.

Lol nice key bindings, queer.

>muh graphics

I think it does, but other people have reported the issue. I couldn't be fucking trying to fix it, just wanted to jump back in with my mates so I switched back to windows.
I liked using Manjaro though, the Linux environment if much nicer than windows. I do prefer the windows file browser though.

haha using windows in current year - linux gaming exists fags

WoW has been working in wine since forever though?

Yes, because Windows is better.

Yes you can play games on linux. You can play games also on these various devices(including but not limited to):

Windows Computers
Macintosh computers
A chromebook
TI-8X series Texas instruments calculators
TI-Nspire Texas instruments calculator
Nokia 3310
Mobile Gaming consoles
Home gaming consoles
Plug and play consoles
smart tvs
amazon echo
airplane monitors
Tiger Electronics
Pocket PCs
Android Tablets
Android phones
various streaming boxes
vaious kindle e-readers
A smartwatch(it can even play half-life)
arcade machines
your printer
a porche 911 carrera(yes it can play doom and it even runs zdoom and windows, google it)
An ATM
Your Tabletop

yes OP, a lot of things can play games

>(This poster has autism)

Holy crap. Been looking for a Wine implementation that doesn't completely choke on Blizzard games. Thanks.

why do we have to wait a year to play a 10 yo game?

Same. But updates to Wine and/or the Blizzard client break the shit out of everything, so it's good to find things when they work.

You can, a lot of games work fine now. It's just that there is still a hefty performance penalty.

you can play it now, there are many private servers user

shit ded meme game

I had a partition of Windows 10 and Linux in the past and actually got better performance in Wine for the 1.12 client. Was easy as shit to install too, just had to make a spoofed drive and copy paste the pre installed client in.

...wine

if it's a better comparison, I've tried tf2 on linux and it ran like shit compared to windblows

although that could've been because of the poor nvidia driver support on linux, I've heard ayymd cards work better on it

thats because youre retarded

Idab here and reporting in

>want people to migrate to Linux
>most of windows users are only using it for games anyway
>said people will want to play games on Linux
>REEEE FUCKING WINDOWS *autistic screeching*

>chrooted
why not another user?

>chinks hope

word is they don't have the source code