/spg/ - Smartphone General

The OG Flagship Killer Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oneplus-one.jpg (1200x800, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3846972
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_for_mobile_devices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for iPhone Xs Max

OP6T no headphone jack
:'(

>interested in upgrading to pixel 3 from iphone 5s
>don't want green bubbles

anyone else feeling this way?

OP6T 2expensive

OP6T FUCKING NOTCHED

why the fuCk is it so hard for a company to make a oneplus one with a modern SoC. It was the perfect phone. All it would take to match it would be a pocophone with NFC.

Everyone just uses whatsapp here

POCOPHONE F1

nth for lineage master race

forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3846972

STILL NOTCHED
FUCKING

Attached: 1476385258011.gif (450x402, 839K)

how old are you?

help pls:

Attached: b0d51f5c-e781-4a23-b37c-1c260011b29b.jpg (219x176, 14K)

Best phone under 200? Reception and quality is key. I don't use it much but for call/text and googling occasionally.

Whats the best smartphone for max. 200 bucks?

>I don´ give a shit about the camera quality
>mainly for surfing and streaming

Attached: 1398022953621.gif (373x373, 499K)

Quit cross-threading, faggot. Jow Forums is not your personal tech support

I really want the pocophone, but the mi a2 lite is basically the same exact phone with a sd625 instead of a sd845... and its half the price.

What should i do? :/

mi a2 lite probably

Country/carrier?

if your poor and aren't going to make money anytime soon get the mi a2, if you'll make money after the purchase get the pocophone.

Us, a reseller so any of the big 4. Redpocket mobile.

> Bruh check out this sleek all precise machined aluminium super thin premium body!
> Shit is so fucking slippery you need to put an ugly silicon case to get any seomblance of grip on the fucking thing
I hate this meme. I hate cases and I fucking hate this meme even more because it makes me use cases.

Attached: 1532429104_635_xiaomi_mi_a2.jpg (635x476, 40K)

Much much slower processor, worse cameras, MicroUSB instead of USB-C, less RAM, Android One instead of MIUI. It's not close at all. Just get the Pocophone.

ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOTO-G5-Plus-XT1687-32GB-Grey-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/142816850561

> Android One instead of MIUI
Is this a positive or a negative?

Attached: 1519625980538.jpg (741x487, 39K)

That's subjective. It's just silly to say "basically the same exact phone" when the software is completely different between the two phones.

>
>Much much slower processor
ok sure, but its an email reader... do i need a flagship cpu?

>worse cameras
dontcare

> MicroUSB instead of USB-C
how is that a bad thing, i have so many micro-usb cables

>less RAM
ive never seen my ram usage go above 2.75gb who the hell needs 6gb?

>Android One instead of MIUI.
You say that like its a bad thing...

Seems pretty close to me, especially for a 200% price difference. :/

>> Android One instead of MIUI
>Is this a positive or a negative?
beat me to it lol:

>>Android One instead of MIUI.
>You say that like its a bad thing...

Spoonfeed me a phone Jow Forums
>USA
>T-Mobile
>under 300
>5.5" screen or 18:9 equivalent
>unlockable bootloader would be preferred but not a dealbreaker
>don't give a fuck about the camera
>decent battery life

Well, if you only use the phone for basic stuff and don't need the faster processor, and you don't care that much about the cameras then the Mi A2 Lite should work fine for you.

Nokia 6.1 or Moto Z2 Play

I had both the HTC M7 and 10 and while it's annoying you kinda learn to deal with it. There was that one night I dropped my phone like twice but besides the minor scratching it turned out all right.

I am looking to pick up a Motorola Photon Q.
I like the physical keyboard phones.
I intend to do the sim card mod and install the LineageOS rom.
But I also want to physically disable the gps antenna on the mainboard of the phone.
Would anyone here be able to identify the gps antenna? Is it the horizontal black antenna in the picture? Or is there a patch antenna that I'm not seeing somewhere?
Just want to get off the botnet and give (((them))) as little info on me as possible.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

The CIA doesn't give a shit about you, and this phone is an ancient POS that will not run LOS or anything without enormous lag.

You're right, I'm not a threat.
I just don't want the large companies collecting data on me to sell to other businesses for targeted advertising purposes.
I'm upgrading from a flip phone, so pretty much anything is a step up, even if it's a little laggy.
I really only care to have phone and text. A slow browser I couldn't give a shit about.

What's a good phone for a tech illiterate parent? Her previous phones have been
>iPhone 5c
>Blackberry q5
>Nokia E63
Living in Australia using Telstra network. Budget is up to $380. Told me she'd be interested in Galaxy S7 but not sure if this would be too many useless features. She calls, texts and sends photos. Doesn't internet browse.

iphone

Take off the tinfoil hat and get with the times gramps.

> This entire post
> Showing up on /spg/ out of all places

Attached: 1527626906748.jpg (1537x1080, 767K)

yeah, and I bet your going to tell me to get a $1500 iphone next too.
Is that about right, kike?

nigga, I thought it was /sperg/ general, relax.

My gf has some shitty Huawei phone from like 2016 running marshmallow but it has a feature I absolutely love and I'm wondering if I can get it on my Oreo Android One phone.
Every time you lock the phone you get a new image in the lockscreen, but the wallpaper once you unlock remains the same. Anyone know of a way to get a similar feature on stock android? would the battery drain be considerable enough to stay away from it?

iPhone SE

Just get that new Nokia dumbphone that has like a month battery life and be done with it.

because dumbass reviewers wanted soda can feel over durable plastic. the sandstone 1+1 was probably the best feeling phone in existence.

that actually doesn't look like a terrible idea

Are the photo comparisons on gsm arena doctored? The galaxy s9 seems suspiciously high quality compared to everything else

I've personally seen what the camera is capable of, in low light it really performs well and in daylight conditions it's average.

The XZ2 Compact is now $387 USD in my country. I'm currently using Redmi 5 Plus. Should I buy the XZ2 Compact or should I just stay with the chinkphone? Any XZ2 Compact users here?

I feel imessage is just an amerifat way of thinking. i have had problems with sms and mms occasionally but iphones are too expensive and i dont like ios much

weMessage, if you can trust the developer
get an iphone 8+ if you really want to upgrade

just get anything that prioritizes a camera
every phone calls and texts, but if she likes photographing kids/grandkids whatever, she wants nice pics
i would recommend a used pixel2 desu

I live in the USA
I dont understand the bands thing all that well.

How do I tell what carriers the Pocophone would work well with?

What's the modern OnePlus equivalent?

>have an S5
>want to upgrade
>go to phone store
>S9+ and iPhone Xs feel the best
should i wait for the pixel 3 xl? or get one of these two?

I really hope this is just a meme and that americans don't really think like that.

See the frequency checker links in the OP

Im blind, thanks user

Attached: 1504226013741.jpg (500x480, 101K)

Get the S9+, iPhone X is a meme and Pixel 3 XL looks like shit with that giant notch imo

get a pixel xl. great camera, good specs honestly and unlockable bootloader.

Does anyone know of an active dual SIM phone compatible with both GSM and CDMA? Like hunting a mythical beast!

i ran lineage on it, still gets security updates with 7.1, kb+backlight, cameras, and hdmi port all work just fine. i had it on freedompop (they actually sold used versions for $20 a couple years back). disabled all the fpop crap so it's been almost free since then (1 penny occasional charge). only issue with 7.1 for me was voip yet both mics actually worked outside of that (never found the real issue).

phone is pretty decent, ran everything fine aside from no mic pickup on voip apps. idk about the gps though

Can anyone recommend a Linux phone that works with Verizon? Does anyone here use a Linux phone? I want to make the switch but I don't want to buy a nice phone that's useless to me.

nigger what

What's currently the best phone in terms of cost/benefit that isn't a chinkphone requiring importing?

Waiting more than a week to get it delivered is not an option.

Any rooted android maybe?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_for_mobile_devices

>Install update on phone
>Replaces AOSP based apps provided by MediaTek with Google's
Wow gee thanks for the extra botnet. At least I got security patches and hopefully performance upgrade. Also there's more free space on the internal storage.

Attached: Screenshot_20180925-221011.png (720x1440, 115K)

Buy the iPhone Xs because why the fuck not lol

sadly they do

iPhone Xs or wait for the Pixel 3 XL. Samsung is a fucking meme.

>considering the iTrash
kys

Okay it does seem a lot faster, and I can probably download the old ROM if I really wanted the MediaTek's AOSP apps, but it's still annoying.

>only pajeets and euros get the pocophone
its not fair bros

Attached: 1521398883538.png (680x680, 766K)

Has anyone here used a phone with ubuntu touch, pure os, or sailfish on verizon's 4g network?

Pocophone is a fucking dumb name.

for $300 you could call it "only faggots use this phone" and I would still buy it

I need an android app to sort through all of the duplicate booette and bowsette art i've been saving. Any recommendations?

Attached: 1537932961553.jpg (858x1200, 485K)

Apparently fucking gone is Windows Phone dead?

>there was no op4

Poco lineage when?

Mi Mix 2S, wirks with GSM and VZW, not sure about Sprint though but honestly, who cares?

check xda, heard some ROMs got released within the past couple of days

user you are truly based

Attached: IMG_20180926_012330.jpg (1080x478, 91K)

Attached: 1503954278997.jpg (937x750, 58K)

is there any point to upgrading from a Galaxy S7 to anything new?

>is there any point to upgrading from a Galaxy S7 to anything new?
not if you like it and it's performing well, especially if it's the snapdragon variant

I had a GS7 and just got the POCOPHONE cuz I wanted a notch. Its noticably faster, but it doesnt matter because the GS7 is still fast as fuck. The only real reason to upgrade from GS7 is to get a superior bsttery, camera, or fingerprint reader. Its still a good phone

It is, I guess I'll keep it around for awhile. Also the Galaxy S9 doesn't have a home button apparently and that sucks.

>cuz I wanted a notch
nani the fuck

If it had a headphone jack it'd be perfect. No the redmeme is good

The OnePlus One running it's stock OS was the fastest smoothest running smartphone that's ever been made. Nothing has been that slick since that phone came out, even in today's world of 8-core and sometimes 10-core wannabees.

The OPO ran smoother and slicker than having a sheet of water on a Teflon pan then pouring oil on top.

I really miss that device, the two things it should have had were a removable battery and expandable storage, but sadly OnePlus had to strip it down to make it competitive for the time.

Still a fucking amazing device to this day, that Snapdragon 800 was fucking awesome. Put on GoneMAD and some music files, hit Play and that fucker would still be going 60+ hours later. 12+ hours of SOT routinely on a single charge too.

Pocophone

I just saw a used Note8 on craigslist for $250, comes with all the original stuff (box, charger, cable, etc) - missing the S-pen but that's nothing and easily found on eBay. 3 cases too including an OtterBox Defender and Spigen Slim Armor then some leather thing.

Used flagships are fairly cheap nowadays, except of course iPhones 'cause Apple Cult members are required to ream people on pricing, it's part of their mantra.

>The OnePlus One running it's stock OS was the fastest smoothest running smartphone that's ever been made.

t. can't afford a pixel

Attached: fedorafag.jpg (400x533, 41K)

Number four is considered bad luck in China because the Chinese word for it is similar to their word for dead/death, so companies tend to avoid using it.

Using a Oneplus 2 currently with LineageOS, phone runs alright but the battery's starting to go and this thing has an issue with the flashlight, music app, etc starting on it's own whenever it feels like so I'm in the market for something else

Looking for

>wanted
>a notch
WUT

This
Or OG Pixel / Pixel XL you don't mind buying used

Thinking of rooting my OP5T for Pokémon go spoofing but I've never rooted a phone before, so I'm too worried to try.
Life is suffering.

Iphone 8
Samsung s8/9
Huawei p20 pro

I need help picking which one to buy.
I like taking pictures of just about anything but, I'm also obsessed about the quality of the images.

Those phones are the only ones I like that's available for a plan in the Philippines.

Attached: 1499620945733.png (394x360, 139K)