What do you need to land a coding job without a STEM degree in 2018?

What do you need to land a coding job without a STEM degree in 2018?

Attached: ZoomerImage[1].jpg (234x215, 7K)

friends or family who have a job at a place with an IT department

I mean it's good if you already have a degree even it's unrelated

get a degree

I was brought up very poor, no one where I lived had degrees. I now live in a upper middle class area, EVERYONE has them (unless they're inheritance babies or run a business).

People in general also treat you differently once you've got one, especially if it's from a famous university.

Don't get memed.

Attached: 1537906301332.png (1000x1000, 137K)

>bothering to get a coding job in first place
m8 just be a chad and live like terry did. Guy did more in one life then work cucks ever do. Unless contributing to broken windows code and broken linux is your thing.

>What do you need to land a coding job without a STEM degree in 2018?
A rock solid reputation, such as a Github account with major projects and contributions.

Past success reduces risks and that is important to employers.

just walk in there
give the manager a firm handshake
there, you have a job

Blackmail the recruiting staff

>Get a degree to impress normies.
>They're still just normies.
>Now you are, too.
Get out, normie.

Certs. All of the certs.

This also works.

This does not. Nobody looks at your Github until after you've got an interview. An empty sheet that says "pls look at my internet points" will never get past the HR lady and into the hands of people who understand what they're reading.

antílope está mijando

Attached: 1523352901736.jpg (442x293, 57K)

>Certs. All of the certs.
>This does not. Nobody looks at your Github until after you've got an interview. An empty sheet that says "pls look at my internet points" will never get past the HR lady and into the hands of people who understand what they're reading.

bro we're talking about positions where your job is to write software not change the ink toner when the accountants dont know how to do it

GitHub repo showing projects you've worked on that displays some degree of competancy

Attached: 1_Wo6SY_Qf4Xn7lQ_xmy60gw.gif (496x280, 1.41M)

unironically javascript. junior position in a year is very much possible. 1-2yr work and u double ur salary

a miracle

A firm handshake and a smile

With a firm handshake kid

dildo collection

skills, knowledge

Blue hair & hormones

A personable personality with a hands-on can-do attitude.

boobs

A functioning brain.

Minimum effort

Show your skills off to the right person that will recommend you. It's pretty much nepotism.

A Christmas miracle.

All memes aside, a decent GitHub portfolio with plenty of commits and forks.

If you have some good projects you can show for yourself, that will go a long way.

Possibly one of those 'coding bootcamps' to help you learn and put on your resume but I'm not sure if they're a meme or not.

fucking based reply

a vagina or a wig and a mental disorder

The ability to code

I am 29 and I never had a job. Is it too late for me to get into the industry?

what kind of kewl projects I could do?

Coding bootcamps are for webshitters, so only do them if thats what you plan on doing. Anyone can learn to shit out javascript using the latest hype framework in just a few weeks, so it can be a good way to go if you don't have a degree.

Not if you are willing to put 100hs a week into this.

be a nigger or a tranny

kek

write a fucking compiler. First step would reading and comprehending Lex documentation

Not the guy you're replying to but he's right. They look at experience for the most part. Only meme Reddit hiring cucks will care about a GitHub. Redpilled hiring managers will respect that some people code 8 hours a day at work and come home and don't want to.

Just get experience of some sort, an internship is good, a college degree of any kind, and actually know your shit and have good troubleshooting and interviewing skills and you'll be fine. I'm a senior software engineer now and all I had for my first job was a college degree and a 3 month internship in an IT department and a really good looking resume. I did actually know my shit.