Headphone thread

Headphone thread.

What is the best 50-180USD headphones with good bass?
I bought the meme ATH-M50, good sound and powerful bass they said. Sound is good but the bass is weak and the headphones are on ear and feel like shit.

Attached: mjm4ze6ndzkgxsi2jywi.jpg (620x620, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msi.com/Gaming-gear/IMMERSE-GH10-GAMING-HHEADSET/Gallery
help.cowinmusic.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2861709-can-i-listen-to-e7s-through-the-aux-with-no-charge-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Audio Technica usually has a clearer audio profile, favoring higher frequencies over lower ones so whoever shilled you AT for bass did their job well. Anyways, to get good heavy bass without sacrificing clarity or accuracy, you're going to either spend a lot of money or settle with high end speakers due to physical limitations of small drivers with heavy bass.

Also, why don't you just EQ the bass in?

Those are not on ear. They are over ear.

Keep in mind that any advice you'll read here is either people fucking with you or shills trying to sell you their products.

>ATH-M50
>the headphones are on ear
holy crap, are you an elephant poster?
even my ears aren't that big

Actually I agree with OP, the m50 at least has a more bass oriented response and it also clamps your fucking head

Whoops meant to say disagree

Posting Best Price/Performance/Comfiest Audio Technica Headphone
AD500X/700X/900X

Attached: ATH-AD700X.jpg (3840x2160, 699K)

bro if you want a good bass response get grado sr80e

I bought MSI Immerse GH10 and they are working PERFECTLY, i really recommend them and they look really cool msi.com/Gaming-gear/IMMERSE-GH10-GAMING-HHEADSET/Gallery

t. earlet

>GAYMIG HADSET

Attached: 000000.jpg (1600x900, 92K)

I'm looking for chink "reference monitor" headphones.
Closed back.
I'm coming from HD280.
I've checked out the Takstar 82 Pro and the Superlux HD668B (these are semi-open, I prefer fully closed)

Any recommendations?

Attached: 1530543329361.png (2048x2925, 1.91M)

Want buy advice? Z for Zeos.

Attached: 5783AB5C-013B-4FEB-9A08-2D0A349A3803.jpg (1157x284, 84K)

hyper X cloud hyper x cloud core hyper x cloud 2

all other hyper X models suck ignore them even the alphas that are worse

all the ones I listed are same model yet the original clouds have 2 jacks one for mic/music while the other models have a combined jack.

they are the best its not debate ignore every thing els.

if you really really really really for some reason want open back versions of these and not closed get the qpad QH-85 same headset just with open back design.

all will cost you like 70-120$ new.

i had the same prob just buy some brainwaves pads for instance

also if you care about asthetics a ps4 blue version of the clouds just came out and there are some older white/black models of them and some other colors that are not listed on modern sales sites that exist of them if you want to hunt a specific look.

they are not shit gaming headphones they are actually unbranded beyerdynamics and the best headphones for the price

HAHAHHHAHAVBVGHHBHAHAHA

also because they are branded as gaming headset people undervalue them and don't realise they are beyerdynamics and actually worth like 400$ and sell second hand ones for super cheap I found a pare of cloud 2s for 10usd shipped with a broken mic jack that I can fix myself by cutting up a 0$ set of shit earbuds and using that jack.

literally the only headphones better than this (yes even for music production these are good at that too) are so expensive that you may as well buy speakers instead.

they are the only headset worth getting. if you don't like the branding use a permanent marker on the braided headband color to make them black and nailpolish remover on the logo on the side to make them completely black. they are literally the only headset worth getting for any purpose.

Bought these things a long time ago, and while I can't bash them too much (they sound a hell of a lot better than the piece of shit $15 set I had before), fuck me they get uncomfortable fast. Got the XL pads, and while that helped some, after just a little while my ear would be pressed against the hard metal inside. Hurt like a motherfucker.

As of now I'm still using them, had to stuff paper towels under the pads like a caveman so they don't make me want to cut my fucking ears off.

Question is this: What's a good recommendation for comfort, over-ear, that isn't too pricey?
Sound quality helps too but comfort's the biggest thing.

Attached: 81A2wLQMzuL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 14K)

My 700x sounds like shit for everything but cs go

I have an aging k550, any current headphone that is similar and recommend? 150-250$? Denon and Beyerdynamics looks like a good alternative but no idea which model has the same tier as the k550

Man, I do have to admit that your reviews are fun to watch, but buying advice? I don't know about that...

I've had my Sony MDRs for years and naturally their ear pads are completely ruined by now. Should I replace them with the standard MDR pads or are there some better pads that fit onto them? I also might consider getting some new headphones entirely. Is there something similar to the MDRs but better? I like the MDRs because they are well built and have a very neutral sound. My maximum budget would be something around £500.

Attached: MDR7506-large.jpg (522x750, 83K)

Hyper X Clouds 1&2 and SteelSeries Arctic 3, both of them are super comfy.

SS arctic 3 sound quality is terrible compared to the Clouds. but you need a decent motherboard with a built in headphone amp for the clouds to really sound amazing.

p-pls

Attached: 1514297872091.gif (250x277, 1.88M)

You probably need a dac or a new sound card

This is the best advice in the thread

Are you the same user from a couple of generals ago? I'm the cowin e7 user. If not, will answer anyways. For a replacement for the 280, they lack the bass you were looking for.

Sound quality wise they are average, a bit muddy without anc on and with it, a bit more bright and balanced. The bass is a bit weird, it's a sound signature I'm not used to (without anc). I think the anc they have is some sort of white noise (unless the mic is internal tho) , but it does reduce some noise (mostly, engines and stuff like that. Voices not so much). I also got some bose qc 35 from work, they are like half as effective as those in anc?They are over ears and offer decent isolation. Have NFC for the meme and also a superb battery life (currently on 22 hours, and it shows at 70% on my phone. Mind you, I'm not using even half the volume, so that should also be helping it). It feels like cheap plastic, the buttons are common chink ones. They charge fast too.

I paid 32 dollars for them, they are good at that price, but I wouldn't pay 60-70, not for sound quality (i do like how they sound, but at that price range i would get a better sounding one).

For an inexpensive BT headphone that will offer decent isolation and battery life, with a couple of memes such as anc and nfc, they are good. For critical listening, or audiophiles, they are not. They do sound better than your average chink headphones.

yeah same user, thanks for your update and additional info. none of that is appealing to me so i'll keep looking.

Can they be used wired and does that affect the quality of sound? I have read they have some pottery with the jack so you had to have them on to use them wired too. It appeals to me that you say they are half as good as the bose's, but they cost like a third of that. I know that is subjective, tho. I'm looking for battery life and comfort

>Open back headphone
>Bass

I have Brainwavz pads on my MDRs and they're great. My only issue is that I wish I'd gotten the velvet (or suede or whatever) ones instead of the pleather ones, which get kinda sweaty after a while.

are you dumb?
like really

Speaking of MDR-V6s, mine are pretty battered after almost 10 years of use and I'm thinking about replacing them. Is there anything under $150 or so that'd be a worthwhile upgrade? Main uses are recording and editing video, maybe some streaming, and just general-purpose PC stuff including gaming.

kek

8$ and better than any headphones I've ever used.

Attached: C36AAC31-B489-4E38-B17B-33AFF2D234ED.jpg (1000x1000, 40K)

t. dumbo ass nigga

if you plan on getting the ATH-m50 find a place a listen to them first.

My MDR-v6's gave out and I bought the ATH-m50 based on all the online reviews. I was totally underwhelmed with the ATH-m50's. Your mileage may vary. I would listen to whatever you plan to buy first.

What sounds good - is kind of a subjective thing.

Ah, not that user, i'm the cowin user,but they did indeed make something weird like what (i think) he poorly phrased:
help.cowinmusic.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2861709-can-i-listen-to-e7s-through-the-aux-with-no-charge-
It seems the ANC didn´t work when wired and they just forced you to have the Bluetooth circuitry on so you could use them while wired. If i understand that correctly, based on the fact it always passes through the BT circuitry, it should (or could) sound the same wired or not, which is what i think he meant to ask (and what is discussed in some forum posts) This is me assuming he is not a retard that thinks BT (not even an Aptx HD or something like that, that in theory could be that good but usually is not, just normal BT) can sound the same as wired.

So yeah, the company was retarded and (i hope) just phrased that poorly and sounded retarded due to that. I got one of the older versions since i rather use them wired without having to turn then on than having ANC wired; so i can't directly answer your question about them, user. At least, in this version it sounds better wired than on BT i prefer the ANC sound signature for some of my music but that is subjective (not the quality, the signature)

Can't you only do that if the headphones have low bass distortion

As in they are bass heavy headphones and then the mids and highs will sound like crap after EQ

i like the fostex t50rp's better, but they cant be driven without a good amp though

if you buy and enjoy on ear headphone i can only assume you are a masochist

the new brainwavz for this model!
I have them since a week or so. I got pleather but there were sheepskins too, I think they runned out of them.
pic related

Attached: IMG_20180926_203111.jpg (4000x3000, 1.05M)

I have wicked cushions and I like them, very soft and pliable.

Whatever you do don't buy $10 pads. I did that first and they eventually became hard and brittle. Maybe it was my fault for cleaning with alcohol wipes, but they were never near as soft like this pair.

My first replacement pads were velour pads. I don't recommend it because the air leakage is going to change pressure level and the sound of the headphones a lot. Weaker bass on MDR-V6 sucks.

I just looked at Brainwavz and their basic pads look identical to what I use at the same price. I wonder if they are the same.

Another thing I wouldn't do is buy pads significantly larger/thicker than the stock pads. Ear distance is really important..

first mine were velour too, the Beyers. They were kinda uncomfy, they didn't get sweaty but the sound changed. If you appreciate the sound of them don't buy those, I mean that's one of the point of headphones at this price point too. This brainwavz sound just like stock, the distance is about the same as the originals and are memory foam so they are very worth it. I'm very happy they released them this year, I like a lot this headphones and is sad that there was not a solid choice for a swap other than the original replacement.

Attached: IMG_20180926_203231.jpg (4000x3000, 1.02M)

MDR-7506 just for the isolated channel. That's the only difference according to Sony, get them with this Brainwavz Or to be honest, I'd get the M50X because of the portability. But I don't know how they sound so I probably would just get them and if I don't like the sound return them and get the old Sony's

Uh, if you think the M50s have weak bass then you should probably get a pair of Beats by Dre. The M50 has ridiculous exaggerated bass. I'd hate to see what you think about headphones with flat response.

Solid cans initially designed by a drummer for mic placement in studio applications, these have good bass response.

Attached: Direct_Sound_Headphones_EX_29_EX_29_Extreme_Isolation_Stereo_530716.jpg (2000x2000, 197K)

when will this meme ever die

I love my panasonic rp djs400 they are cheap but sound great

panasonic makes great cheap headphones, if you want a better sound you have to spend more than 200 usd

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 62K)

MDR 7506 absolute favorite headphones, would honestly pick them over audeze (strictly off my preference i love my LCDs)
Any similar sounding profile headphones? the mdrs can get a bit boxy, not 250 boxy, just kind of mid focused. i'd like something smoother around the low end too. The highs are fine to me already, though people hate them for the high end.

>no bass
Perhaps try Skullcandy Smokin' Buds IEM.

AT m50 is shit meme, beats obviously a meme although they've gotten better. Still too much nB

I have a pair of AKG Q701 and I love them. They have everything you want except for the accentuated bass. The bass sounds great to me, though. Also they are UBER comfy.

A friend gave me his old pair of these and I was fucking amazed. Best bass I've ever heard in a headphone, think actually being at a show and feeling the bass from the speakers

Attached: 2342.png (1491x1595, 764K)

do it kill the high end? almost naturally it would

that's a good question actually, if you can have both deep bass and "crystal" highs. I'm not the best to ask about those specific phones because I had to use a cable I had lying around and not the official "audio-technica" $40 one you're supposed to buy that originally came with it, but I guess would give an even clearer sound. But it doesn't sound "boomy" and dull if that's what you're asking.

used hd650

>the headphones are on ear and feel like shit.
based dumbo bro

Can someone here who has listed to the M50x along with other non-shit headphones describe how they compare? I enjoy my M50x, but they are the only non-shit headphone I've ever listened to.

Are they a meme?

Beyerdynamic DT 770.

>the headphones are on ear
what giant ears you have?